Aces
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
FTLOG Tina stop jacking up 3's

Hello? Tina is no longer an inside banger. So she made more shots last year, she was still jacking up way too many shots and not going inside. Then she turns around and blames the coach and team for her own bad attitude. This Mystics fan says "you can have her - we'll be better."

By the way, the Mystics were missing EDD and Clark. Tina said they should have done more with who they had and STOP THINKING ABOUT WHO WAS NOT THERE. How's that working for you Tina?

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nygaard is heated!

Also, whose idea was it to give Vegas the Mercury three times in their first seven games?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok Becky you can take out Plum and insert Sheperd

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Nygaard is heated!

Also, whose idea was it to give Vegas the Mercury three times in their first seven games?

I'm still not sure why

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Sheppard has 6 fouls.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Sheppard has 6 fouls.

My bad Becks Laughing

zune69

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I understand Turner's role is to be a defensive stopper. but scoring 3 pts in 30+ minutes when the team is shorthanded is very frustrating.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/21/22 4:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Jackie just told Becky the shot clock was running down so she had to take it Laughing Laughing

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I think Jackie just told Becky the shot clock was running down so she had to take it Laughing Laughing

There was a 4-second differential so it have been a turnover if Jackie tried to hold the ball.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I'm still not sure why

Ruocco's (or was it Lobo?) theory appears to be that Nygaard felt like Hammon should have opted to not go out of her way to pick Phoenix's worst free throw shooter, since the game was out of reach. That, at least, makes more sense than her not knowing what the rule is.

Speaking of out of reach... when Vegas had ninety points, with six and a half minutes to go in the game, it never crossed my mind that they'd need that whole six minutes to get to a hundred. Man, that bench needs work!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I think Jackie just told Becky the shot clock was running down so she had to take it :lol: :lol:

There was a 4-second differential so it have been a turnover if Jackie tried to hold the ball.

Yeah, but in most cases, coaches usually tell their team to take the turnover in that circumstance. And shot clock violations count as team turnovers, so it's not like it would have counted against Young's personal stats.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
I'm still not sure why

Ruocco's (or was it Lobo?) theory appears to be that Nygaard felt like Hammon should have opted to not go out of her way to pick Phoenix's worst free throw shooter, since the game was out of reach. That, at least, makes more sense than her not knowing what the rule is.

Speaking of out of reach... when Vegas had ninety points, with six and a half minutes to go in the game, it never crossed my mind that they'd need that whole six minutes to get to a hundred. Man, that bench needs work!

But why would you argue with the ref? If it's a rule, it's a rule.

Plus the two coaches seemed fine when they met right after time ran out.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
I'm still not sure why

Plaisance is the only "worthy" sub right now until Riquana comes back, but yeah their bench is Confused

I also expected Bell to look better than what she has shown so far.

Last edited by Iluvacc on 05/21/22 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
I'm still not sure why

Yeah, I think Nygaard felt choosing Anigwe was pretty unnecessary given the game was way out of reach. I believe Turner was at the line initially and then it ended up being Anigwe shooting them.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Yeah, but in most cases, coaches usually tell their team to take the turnover in that circumstance. And shot clock violations count as team turnovers, so it's not like it would have counted against Young's personal stats.

That's true, but I see Jackie's point. Of course if coach TOLD her not to shoot, she should have held onto the ball.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's also possible that she believed that, once a shooter stepped to the line, it was too late for the other coach to select someone else?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

It's also possible that she believed that, once a shooter stepped to the line, it was too late for the other coach to select someone else?

Hmm. It still seems odd to be so enraged about something so insignificant because the game was over at that point. She pulled the starters (Diana, Diamond and Tina) after that. Shey left injured but Brianna had to stay because Phoenix had no one else.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

I think the overall philosophy this year has been to avoid as much cross-country travel without a long-ish break in between as possible. So teams that are closer geographically are getting a number of their matchups out of the way early.

PostPosted: 05/21/22 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I think the overall philosophy this year has been to avoid as much cross-country travel without a long-ish break in between as possible. So teams that are closer geographically are getting a number of their matchups out of the way early.

Doesn't it also have something to do with the Commissioner's Cup? They need 10 games (2 against each conference team, both home and away). So between the Cup and the travel/time savings of 2 games in 3 days at the same location, you get bizarre schedules like we see now with Phoenix.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/21/22 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Expecting a 20 pt Vegas victory today

Nailed it

PostPosted: 05/21/22 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
I am a tad bit confused at the Phoenix offense. Have been since Game 1 of the season.

According to Nygaard, Skylar is ill. However, conversations will be had after she returns. I thought someone said there was an apology video.

Why wouldn't conversations be had that night, or first thing in the morning after they players could sleep off their intensity? Wake their asses up early, and talk stuff out. Nip it in the bud, immediately.

(That's easy for me to say, I'm not a coach, but still.... ) Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/22/22 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Hmm. It still seems odd to be so enraged about something so insignificant because the game was over at that point. She pulled the starters (Diana, Diamond and Tina) after that. Shey left injured but Brianna had to stay because Phoenix had no one else.

Apparently she was pissed because they changed the shooter on her: https://twitter.com/TheSameerMalla/status/1528132420544843777

the key pieces from the middle:

Quote:
"I had 'Breezy', Briana Turner, out of the game, and they picked her so I had to sub her in, and I had to sub someone else out of the game."

"..And then Shay came back after the assistant says that to her, and decided that she wanted Kristine Anigwe to shoot the shot. Now that is incorrect, as Anigwe was already in the game."

"She could pick up a player from my bench, and she picked Brianna Turner, and the ref allowed Kristine Anigwe to shoot. And I don't really understand what happened."

(now with spelling variations)
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 05/22/22 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
I'm still not sure why

Plaisance is the only "worthy" sub right now until Riquana comes back, but yeah their bench is Confused

I also expected Bell to look better than what she has shown so far.

The bench is terrible, particularly when you compare it to Plum and Hamby coming off the bench last year. Bell has contributed nothing so far...is her knee still bothering her? And Colson is nearly worthless...no idea why they kept a 33 year old player with a career 3 ppg and 2 apg, and waived Khayla Pointer, not to mention the other PG's available on waivers. The utility of their draft picks this year make the Fever's front office look like geniuses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: