50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

zune69

PostPosted: 05/20/22 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
This was a very winnable game for the Mercury. Gotta get more production from Turner/Sophie

Turner is avg 3.8 pts in 32.3 mpg

In the last 2 games, Sophie has scored a total of 2 pts.

Lol Phoenix has the "worst bench" because of situations it could not control. Peddy, Charles, Nurse and Cunningham in theory would have been a great bench had everything went to plan. In terms of shots, how is Sophie supposed to get shots when her teammates are not getting her the ball when she is open? Since everyone that can play has been back, I have seen multiple instances this season where she literally would be waving her arms around jumping and her point guard would pass it to someone else who then would force up a bad contested jumper. Simply put, she absolutely is doing her job by getting open, she just is not getting the ball. Some of it is on coaching. Why are Tina and Diamond not getting to the rim and shooting a million jumpshots instead of the people that you pay to shoot?

How will Shey get to build on her performance when Diana insists on throwing up 3s even when she is off? Like Diana, Tina and Diamond both insist on taking it themselves a lot, even other posters mentioned it in this very thread. Still, some is on coaching and the plays you draw up. It even goes deeper than this particular game. The last Vegas game, how is Gustafson supposed to build on her performance when she gets pulled even after knocking down two threes in a row? That is on coaching.

Why are you so defensive?...and why are you attacking DT/Diamond/Tina so much?...... You are overly protective of Sophie for some reason...DT/Diamond had very good games and yet you are attacking them.....Pathetic

Diamond steps up when one of the team's best players goes down and you choose to downplay her performance.

And again, no matter what the circumstances are. Phoenix has the worst bench in the league.

If confronting another one of your baseless assertions with facts and context is being "defensive" and "over-protective" then I will just be that. One could argue you are extremely arrogant and condescending when sharing opinions because you hardly provide context or facts to support them. Diana, Tina, and Diamond call their own numbers a lot. If you watched the game you could have seen this for yourself. They can have great games and still do so at the expense of shots for others, especially when the shot selection is not quite there and they are going against multiple defenders or forcing up well contested shots instead of passing it out for a better shot. Very Happy I love both Diana and Tina, but I am not going to lie to myself by saying their shot selection is not questionable sometimes. Laughing

You are not going to freely attack players by saying they are the worst bench group in the league when it's clear you are not bringing facts or context to the table. Vegas' bench does not even play, so how are you branding something as the "worst" when you have not even seen what their bench can do? Several benches around the league provide inconsistent scoring and others feature players that hardly play. It is totally fine to share an opinion, but provide something to support it. Something you never seem to do, which is why I suppose you are sure to provide a condescending comment or two.

Like I asked before, do you actually watch Mercury games or do you just go by the box scores? Genuinely curious. Anybody with eyeballs could see the context I provided is pretty accurate, which is why another poster co-signed and others before observed themselves during the game, except for you that is. I wonder why? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My opinion about the Mercury bench is justified…I’m not just commenting on the lack of production as a way to degrade the players.

As currently constituted the Mercury have the worst bench in the league, and I stand behind my statement. They don't have a Point guard who can run the offense for 10-15 minutes, a player who can create their own offense, nor a post player who can effectively play defense or score the basketball. All of the Mercury's current bench players are dependent on other players setting them up. That’s a big problem when you don’t have SDS/BG because that means DT/DD/TC must increase their scoring output…And Yeah DD/DT/TC do take some ill-advised shots, but so does S.Cumningham…..I’d take what DD/DT gave Phoenix last night for every game for the rest of the season….Diamond has a tendency to take some low percentage shots, but that can be corrected with proper coaching…DT is gonna be DT......Now Of course, when Phoenix is healthy they have a legit bench...But they are currently depleted (No Griner, Nurse, Diggins)...So, IMO...Phoenix has the worst bench in the league.

As for Vegas…Their depleted bench production is a by-product of Hamby/Plum being inserted into the starting lineup. And even then, They still have a pg on the bench who can give them 10-15 quality minutes (Colson), a player who can create her own offense (Williams), and a player who can defend mobile post (Stokes)

Also, as for people co-signing posts?... I could care less. I don't post for validation... Just because someone gets a co-sign does not make them right.....And just because I didn't co-sign their post does not mean I'm in disagreement with them...Both things can be true....Phoenix can have one of the worse benches in the league, and DT/DD/TC can sometimes take some low-quality shots.....I've called Diamond out many times for taking low-quality shots or overextending herself on defense (Gambling for steals)

We're only 5 games into the season. We should give the new Coach a chance to make the proper adjustments before throwing her under the Bus...However, to be honest. Without BG/SDS...I just don't see Phoenix making the playoffs.

mercfan

PostPosted: 05/20/22 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
This was a very winnable game for the Mercury. Gotta get more production from Turner/Sophie

Turner is avg 3.8 pts in 32.3 mpg

In the last 2 games, Sophie has scored a total of 2 pts.

Lol Phoenix has the "worst bench" because of situations it could not control. Peddy, Charles, Nurse and Cunningham in theory would have been a great bench had everything went to plan. In terms of shots, how is Sophie supposed to get shots when her teammates are not getting her the ball when she is open? Since everyone that can play has been back, I have seen multiple instances this season where she literally would be waving her arms around jumping and her point guard would pass it to someone else who then would force up a bad contested jumper. Simply put, she absolutely is doing her job by getting open, she just is not getting the ball. Some of it is on coaching. Why are Tina and Diamond not getting to the rim and shooting a million jumpshots instead of the people that you pay to shoot?

How will Shey get to build on her performance when Diana insists on throwing up 3s even when she is off? Like Diana, Tina and Diamond both insist on taking it themselves a lot, even other posters mentioned it in this very thread. Still, some is on coaching and the plays you draw up. It even goes deeper than this particular game. The last Vegas game, how is Gustafson supposed to build on her performance when she gets pulled even after knocking down two threes in a row? That is on coaching.

Why are you so defensive?...and why are you attacking DT/Diamond/Tina so much?...... You are overly protective of Sophie for some reason...DT/Diamond had very good games and yet you are attacking them.....Pathetic

Diamond steps up when one of the team's best players goes down and you choose to downplay her performance.

And again, no matter what the circumstances are. Phoenix has the worst bench in the league.

If confronting another one of your baseless assertions with facts and context is being "defensive" and "over-protective" then I will just be that. One could argue you are extremely arrogant and condescending when sharing opinions because you hardly provide context or facts to support them. Diana, Tina, and Diamond call their own numbers a lot. If you watched the game you could have seen this for yourself. They can have great games and still do so at the expense of shots for others, especially when the shot selection is not quite there and they are going against multiple defenders or forcing up well contested shots instead of passing it out for a better shot. Very Happy I love both Diana and Tina, but I am not going to lie to myself by saying their shot selection is not questionable sometimes. Laughing

You are not going to freely attack players by saying they are the worst bench group in the league when it's clear you are not bringing facts or context to the table. Vegas' bench does not even play, so how are you branding something as the "worst" when you have not even seen what their bench can do? Several benches around the league provide inconsistent scoring and others feature players that hardly play. It is totally fine to share an opinion, but provide something to support it. Something you never seem to do, which is why I suppose you are sure to provide a condescending comment or two.

Like I asked before, do you actually watch Mercury games or do you just go by the box scores? Genuinely curious. Anybody with eyeballs could see the context I provided is pretty accurate, which is why another poster co-signed and others before observed themselves during the game, except for you that is. I wonder why? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My opinion about the Mercury bench is justified…I’m not just commenting on the lack of production as a way to degrade the players.

As currently constituted the Mercury have the worst bench in the league, and I stand behind my statement. They don't have a Point guard who can run the offense for 10-15 minutes, a player who can create their own offense, nor a post player who can effectively play defense or score the basketball. All of the Mercury's current bench players are dependent on other players setting them up. That’s a big problem when you don’t have SDS/BG because that means DT/DD/TC must increase their scoring output…And Yeah DD/DT/TC do take some ill-advised shots, but so does S.Cumningham…..I’d take what DD/DT gave Phoenix last night for every game for the rest of the season….Diamond has a tendency to take some low percentage shots, but that can be corrected with proper coaching…DT is gonna be DT......Now Of course, when Phoenix is healthy they have a legit bench...But they are currently depleted (No Griner, Nurse, Diggins)...So, IMO...Phoenix has the worst bench in the league.

As for Vegas…Their depleted bench production is a by-product of Hamby/Plum being inserted into the starting lineup. And even then, They still have a pg on the bench who can give them 10-15 quality minutes (Colson), a player who can create her own offense (Williams), and a player who can defend mobile post (Stokes)

Also, as for people co-signing posts?... I could care less. I don't post for validation... Just because someone gets a co-sign does not make them right.....And just because I didn't co-sign their post does not mean I'm in disagreement with them...Both things can be true....Phoenix can have one of the worse benches in the league, and DT/DD/TC can sometimes take some low-quality shots.....I've called Diamond out many times for taking low-quality shots or overextending herself on defense (Gambling for steals)

We're only 5 games into the season. We should give the new Coach a chance to make the proper adjustments before throwing her under the Bus...However, to be honest. Without BG/SDS...I just don't see Phoenix making the playoffs.

Colson is not better than Peddy and Cunningham lol. Skylar was out one game, not the entire season.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/20/22 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

Colson is not better than Peddy and Cunningham lol.Skylar was out one game, not the entire season

I never said Colson is better than Peddy or Sophie...Just saying Phoenix does not have a backup pg at the moment with SDS out...Will SDS be back within the next 3-5 games?... Are we sure it was just a 1 game DNP?

Phoenix's next 8 games:

@ Las Vegas
@ Los Angeles
@ Atlanta
@ Chicago
vs Los Angeles
vs Atlanta
@ Washington
@ Washington

How many games is Phoenix winning with SDS MIA, a depleted bench, and Turner giving them nothing offensively?

All of the teams listed have deep benches with the exception of LV

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/20/22 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I think we're all in agreement that if you take away a bunch of the best players from a team they're less likely to win?

PostPosted: 05/21/22 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
So I think we're all in agreement that if you take away a bunch of the best players from a team they're less likely to win?

Arguably the best two.

Yeah, I don’t think most teams handle that well. 🤣

PostPosted: 05/21/22 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
The Mercury threads are missing someone. Where is this person?🤔

Hot take Alert: the aforementioned missing person may not actually be a Mercury fan. If you're a player-only fan, and then that player's not playing, what are you watching for?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: