RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Late Training Camp Arrivals 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/22 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Orman was swept so Teaira McCowan and Danielle Robinson are done. Since both series are done, the finals will start on Tuesday. The earliest they can finish is next Sunday and based on usual scheduling that would put the last two games if needed on the Tuesday and Friday after that.

All the favorites won the first games in France. Destiny Slocum's contract with Landerneau apparently expired at the end of the regular season (she was a midseason signing). I am not sure how many days she could have actually gotten in training camp, but it does paint her waiving in a different light. Landerneau is stuck in quite a battle to avoid relegation so they probably would not have minded keeping her around either.

McCowan will arrive in Houston via turkey to be in Dallas by tomorrow.

PostPosted: 05/10/22 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fenerbahce wins Game 1 in Turkey and looks to be in good position to win quickly over Cukurova now that Temi Fagbenle is done for the series and Tiffany Hayes missed the game, but remains day-to-day.

Bourges was forced into Game 3 so we could get a surprise Rupert sighting. Lyon is confirmed to be in the semifinals, which will end on either the 20th or 23rd.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/12/22 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spain is finished.

Fenerbahce won again and still no Tiffany Hayes for Cukurova so the sweep looks likely.

I was not paying close enough attention to the playoff format in Spain's second division. Erika De Souza would definitely have been ruled ineligible to sign under 2024 prioritization rules. It is unclear when she will report to her next team, Sampaio in Brazil.
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/12/22 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
Orman was swept so Teaira McCowan and Danielle Robinson are done. Since both series are done, the finals will start on Tuesday. The earliest they can finish is next Sunday and based on usual scheduling that would put the last two games if needed on the Tuesday and Friday after that.

All the favorites won the first games in France. Destiny Slocum's contract with Landerneau apparently expired at the end of the regular season (she was a midseason signing). I am not sure how many days she could have actually gotten in training camp, but it does paint her waiving in a different light. Landerneau is stuck in quite a battle to avoid relegation so they probably would not have minded keeping her around either.

I can't get rid of this image of her flying on the back of a turkey.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/13/22 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

That is going to be one seriously tired bird.

PostPosted: 05/13/22 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

That is going to be one seriously tired bird.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/13/22 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

As God is my witness...

PostPosted: 05/13/22 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

something to make you smile as you recover!

awhom111

PostPosted: 05/15/22 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turkey is officially a sweep, but of course Cukurova had already conceded and let DeWanna Bonner leave. It is unclear whether Tiffany Hayes will be healthy upon arrival it Atlanta as she did not end up playing in the series. I have no idea if there will be a celebration in Istanbul, but McBride, Williams, Hartley, Stokes, and Sabally are done playing and Bria should be very well rested.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/18/22 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lyon and Bourges win the first games in the semifinals so the teams with actual or rumored WNBA implications have the edge in getting to the next round.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/21/22 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lyon wins their series so the earliest that Allemand and Johannes will finish is June 4. Bourges had their series tied so they play Monday.
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/31/22 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sweep is still possible in France so a Saturday finish is still in play. If not, we are looking at Monday or Thursday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: