RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Power Rankings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jap

PostPosted: 04/23/22 12:05 pm    ::: Re: 2022 WNBA Power Rankings Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Rankings from Zack Ward, Sabreena Merchant, Cat Ariail, and Avery Wiggins
https://www.swishappeal.com/wnba/2022/4/22/23033212/wnba-power-rankings-chicago-sky-sun-storm-aces-mercury-lynx-mystics-liberty-sparks-wings-dream-fever

1. Chicago Sky
2. Connecticut Sun
3. Seattle Storm
4. Las Vegas Aces
5. Phoenix Mercury
6. Minnesota Lynx
7. Washington Mystics
8. New York Liberty
9. Los Angeles Sparks
10. Dallas Wings
11. Atlanta Dream
12. Indiana Fever

As a Mystics fan, I have to agree with this pre-season projection. Hearing that neither EDD nor Clark is ready to play limits the projection for the Mystics. Of course, if the health of both continues to improve through the rough and tumble of the season, this team is capable of "pulling a Chicago" and gelling at exactly the right time. BIG "if."

I certainly agree that the Sparks are unlikely to make the playoffs yet again. Most likely to spontaneously combust is more likely. At least they won't again be a bunch of tinies trying to launch shots over much taller opponents at every position this season.

The first shall be last, and the last shall be first.

PostPosted: 04/23/22 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, really don't know how LA are going to cope with that diminutive NOwumike/Cambage pairing inside.

PostPosted: 04/23/22 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yes, really don't know how LA are going to cope with that diminutive NOwumike/Cambage pairing inside.

Laughing Laughing

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/23/22 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Did you fully read my post? It was all about how the Sparks are finally NOT a team chock full of tinies! And how they will no longer have 5 players on the floor trying to launch shots over much taller players. Now, since they loaded up on tiny players for the last three years, most of the players will still be shorter than their counterpart on the opposing team. Now, it won't be all 5 players on the floor at the same time, at least while Cambage and Burrell are out there. And, at times, Nneka/Chiney will be taller than the defender.

~rAf
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/23/22 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago, Connecticut, Seattle, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Phoenix, and Washington – and arguably Dallas and New York, since they did just barely find themselves in it last year – are playoff teams if they can avoid injuries/absences. Obviously, I just listed 10 teams, and there are only 8 spots. I believe that whichever of those two teams end up in the Lottery will have most likely done so not because they didn't have enough talent/coaching/chemistry, but rather because they experienced enough injuries/absences that caused them to perform worse than expected and thus miss the playoffs. It is competitive enough this year with those 10 teams that any one of them could miss the playoffs if they were missing the right(/wrong) players at crucial moments throughout the season.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/23/22 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Did you fully read my post? It was all about how the Sparks are finally NOT a team chock full of tinies! And how they will no longer have 5 players on the floor trying to launch shots over much taller players. Now, since they loaded up on tiny players for the last three years, most of the players will still be shorter than their counterpart on the opposing team. Now, it won't be all 5 players on the floor at the same time, at least while Cambage and Burrell are out there. And, at times, Nneka/Chiney will be taller than the defender.

My apologies rAf, I admittedly scanned and misread. My fault.

PostPosted: 04/24/22 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Chicago, Connecticut, Seattle, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Phoenix, and Washington – and arguably Dallas and New York, since they did just barely find themselves in it last year – are playoff teams if they can avoid injuries/absences. Obviously, I just listed 10 teams, and there are only 8 spots. I believe that whichever of those two teams end up in the Lottery will have most likely done so not because they didn't have enough talent/coaching/chemistry, but rather because they experienced enough injuries/absences that caused them to perform worse than expected and thus miss the playoffs. It is competitive enough this year with those 10 teams that any one of them could miss the playoffs if they were missing the right(/wrong) players at crucial moments throughout the season.

I recognize and acknowledge your analysis, but usually by the end of the season we're looking at more like 6 playoff teams and one or two teams that stumble in, sometimes possibly against their will. Yes, 2021 New York Liberty, I am looking at you. I love y'all but y'all sucked last year.

PostPosted: 05/16/22 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/33921983/wnba-power-rankings-washington-mystics-seattle-storm-heading-season-third-week

1. Washington Mystics (3)
2. Las Vegas Aces (1)
3. Connecticut Sun (7)
4. Chicago Sky (Cool
5. Phoenix Mercury (9)
6. Atlanta Dream (6)
7. Los Angeles Sparks (2)
8. Dallas Wings (11)
9. Seattle Storm (4)
10. Indiana Fever (12)
11. New York Liberty (5)
12. Minnesota Lynx (10)

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/22 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10036020-wnba-power-rankings-shocks-and-surprises-define-week-1

1. Washington Mystics (3-1)
2. Las Vegas Aces (3-1)
3. Chicago Sky (2-1)
4. Connecticut Sun (1-1)
5. Phoenix Mercury (2-1)
6. Atlanta Dream (3-1)
7. Dallas Wings (2-1)
8. Seattle Storm (1-3)
9. Indiana Fever (2-3)
10. Los Angeles Sparks (2-2)
11. New York Liberty (1-3)
12. Minnesota Lynx (0-4)

Shades

PostPosted: 06/02/22 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wnba.com/news/2022-wnba-power-rankings-week-4/
As of 5/31/2022
1. Las Vegas Aces (8-1): PR(1)
2. Connecticut Sun (6-2): PR(2)
3. Washington Mystics (6-3): PR(4)
4. Atlanta Dream (5-3): PR(5)
5. Seattle Storm (5-3): PR(7)
6. Chicago Sky (4-3): PR(3)
7. Dallas Wings (5-3): PR(6)
8. Los Angeles Sparks (4-6): PR(9)
9. Indiana Fever (3-7): PR(10)
10. Minnesota Lynx (2-7): PR(11)
11. Phoenix Mercury (2-6): PR(Cool
12. New York Liberty (1-7): PR(12)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: