Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/06/22 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Crystal Dangerfield listed on their roster now

Seems she is a hardship signing, so will likely be short-term.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/06/22 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

All these hardship signings are tryouts on some level, though. She's also literally the same age as Henderson. Could easily see them re-signing her if she ends up earning it during the hardship deal.

PostPosted: 05/06/22 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

All these hardship signings are tryouts on some level, though. She's also literally the same age as Henderson. Could easily see them re-signing her if she ends up earning it during the hardship deal.

And I am not near the fan of Henderson that some people are, so I wouldn't mind.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/11/22 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

And I am not near the fan of Henderson that some people are, so I wouldn't mind.

Less than a week later, and this post hasn't aged well. Shows what I know.

Anyway, Danielle Robinson and Alaina Coates are back, so Dangerfield is out.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/11/22 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So is it time to worry about the Fever as a franchise? To me, a franchise not selling season tickets for a season is a red flag. (Also, why are they playing in three different arenas this season?)

PostPosted: 05/11/22 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
So is it time to worry about the Fever as a franchise? To me, a franchise not selling season tickets for a season is a red flag. (Also, why are they playing in three different arenas this season?)

I have to believe those things are related. It's all very concerning.

PostPosted: 05/11/22 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
(Also, why are they playing in three different arenas this season?)

I don't know all the details but I believe there have been ongoing construction projects at their regular arena. It's been a multi-year and multi-step process and after this summer it's supposed to be completely done.

PostPosted: 05/12/22 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever should be bigtime discounting tickets with food coupons or giving tickets away! Just ask the Dream how a full arena feels for a change!! smh
If CRob is not great, might have to sign the other Crystal --- she did help win that game the other day!!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 05/13/22 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Huge red flag to me. Hopefully it's just because of the 3 arena business, but I'm not loving this for Indiana.

PostPosted: 05/14/22 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's clear their attendance has plummeted since Catch retired. During the commercial breaks, you would see fewer folks going up and down those escalators. I think that moving around doesn't help either, especially if any of those venues are less accessible or in neighborhoods some might consider dicey. Let's pry the can survive this.

On a separate note, I really hope Coates makes it somewhere - she's had a lot going on. The most recent parts I didn't know about.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/basketball/wnba/fever/2022/05/14/indiana-fever-alaina-coates-discusses-mental-health-therapy-turkey/9748464002/

Quote:
In a two-year span, she went from winning a national championship at South Carolina and being drafted second overall by the Chicago Sky in 2017, to missing her entire rookie season due to a right ankle injury and having her 55-year-old father, Gary, die from cardiac arrest on March 13, 2018 — just over two months before she made her WNBA debut.

Admittedly, Coates said she wasn't in the right head space when her pro career began, and while she tried to push through it, she eventually realized that keeping her foot on the gas pedal wasn't the answer.

"I took (my mental health) serious, but I didn't take it as serious as I should have," Coates said. "And at one point I was like, 'You know what? I think this is what I truly feel like I need to do to help get me back to where I used to be.' I was just very glad that I was able to recognize that because it was a lot. My dad passing and not really being able to see any of my WNBA career, and then how it's went since then. This is my fifth team in four years, so I was just like, 'Something's gotta change.' And I know that a big part of what could change starts with me."

It's really good to see more athletes - and people in general - acknowledge mental health challenges and actually do something about it!

PostPosted: 05/15/22 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately they are not standing in a perfect straight line, but this shows the listed 6'4" Nalyssa Smith and Queen Egbo next to listed 6'1" Lexie Hull and Emily Engstler. It looks like Smith appears to have less distance between her shoulders and the top of her head than Egbo (she has her arms up which exaggerates it) which is another reason for a roster to just list vertical reach that would take into account that and arm length. Although I don't think it will ever change from the current practice.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 05/16/22 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/basketball/wnba/fever/2022/05/15/indiana-fever-no-2-pick-nalyssa-smith-suffers-ankle-injury-loss/9730389002/

No. 2 pick NaLyssa Smith sprains ankle in Fever's loss to No. 1 pick Rhyne Howard, Dream

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/16/22 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Unfortunately they are not standing in a perfect straight line, but this shows the listed 6'4" Nalyssa Smith and Queen Egbo next to listed 6'1" Lexie Hull and Emily Engstler. It looks like Smith appears to have less distance between her shoulders and the top of her head than Egbo (she has her arms up which exaggerates it) which is another reason for a roster to just list vertical reach that would take into account that and arm length. Although I don't think it will ever change from the current practice.

Smith is not six feet four inches tall. We need to put that nonsense to rest.🙄

PostPosted: 05/18/22 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

speaking of Batman (from the LA thread), I've long thought that any team depending on K.Mitchell to be their Batman would struggle. She wants to always just go one on one. When she's on, she's fabulous. When she's off, she's terrible. It sets the tone, and any kind of 'team' ball goes by the by.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/18/22 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
speaking of Batman (from the LA thread), I've long thought that any team depending on K.Mitchell to be their Batman would struggle. She wants to always just go one on one. When she's on, she's fabulous. When she's off, she's terrible. It sets the tone, and any kind of 'team' ball goes by the by.

I've never been a fan of K.Mitchell(as a starter)......A small scoring guard who can't defend the 2....She would be great as a 6th Woman.

Last edited by zune69 on 05/18/22 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
bryan_february_

PostPosted: 05/18/22 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
She would be great as a 6th Woman.

I agree 100%.

PostPosted: 05/18/22 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Damn! That sounds like somebody else in TX. Yep!

PostPosted: 05/18/22 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bench players for those two volume scorers? You do realize that these ladies are receiving some FAT CHECKS to be bench players.😳

PostPosted: 05/19/22 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Bench players for those two volume scorers? You do realize that these ladies are receiving some FAT CHECKS to be bench players.😳

I meant 6th Woman would've been an idea role for her, before the contracts.

PostPosted: 05/20/22 9:15 pm    ::: Kelsey Mitchell Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Mitchell is averaging 19.7 points a game which is second in the WNBA. She seems to have a second gear that ignites her scoring potential. She scored 19 points in the fourth quarter at Connecticut.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/22/22 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Now Presenting: The #Fever2012 Championship team 🤩

At halftime, the squad shared stories from the title run as part of our 10th anniversary celebration

https://twitter.com/IndianaFever/status/1528484856300294146

PostPosted: 05/22/22 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Quote:

At halftime, the squad shared stories from the title run as part of our 10th anniversary celebration

Fun to watch!!

kb9kre

PostPosted: 05/25/22 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="threadkiller1201"]
Luuuc wrote:
Quote:

Fun to watch!![/quote

Too bad Katie Douglas couldn't join the shared stories.

Thank you to Luuuc.

kb9kre

PostPosted: 05/25/22 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three starts for Emily Engstler appears to have hastened improvement and increased efficiency in her game. She has been the 4 off of the bench for Nalyssa but has started with her injury. When Nalyssa returns hopefully Emily will receive extra minutes at 3 or 5 because both deserve starting minutes. Victoria and Queen Egbo are both playing well and deserve to start. It's great that Victoria is healthy after her injuries. Queen Egbo has impressed me with her athleticism. She can cover both guards and centers on defense.. Victoria and Emily have increased their scoring in Nalyssa's absense which should help when she returns.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/25/22 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marianne Stanley out as head coach

Carlos Knox takes over as interim head coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: