80%
 80%  [ 16 ]
Dream
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wheeler has given the dream 0 besides me ball as Carter packed to LA these past two games.

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The Sparks need to do a better job of getting Liz quality shots and establishing her early in the game. There needs to be an offensive pecking order and it has to start with Liz/Nneka.
LA will not make the playoffs if Canada/Sykes are taking the same amount of shots as Liz/Nneka.

Agree with this. It looked like Cambage spent a lot of time calling for the ball and not getting it. Not sure I would blame Canada's stature on that.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

grats to Hotlanta.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney? That was the play Fisher drew up? Confused

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
grats to Hotlanta.

x2

And 3500 in a 3500 arena feels sooo much better than 3500 in an NBA sized arena

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Sykes pretty awful in this game.

Sykes and Carter each played like they thought tonight was going to be their "revenge" game. And they were both very, very wrong.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Chiney? That was the play Fisher drew up? :?

I knew when Chiney came out for the final possession instead of Cambage, when all they needed was two to tie, that they were going to lose. Basically, what that told me was that Fisher didn't believe that he could run a play to get a quality post up in sixteen seconds, and he was counting on somebody to get to the basket on some sort of dive cut or play action, or was maybe even hoping for somebody to get free for an elbow jumper. Blech.

Last edited by Silky Johnson on 05/11/22 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
SPD

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream hang on - winning 77 to 75 over the Sparks. I picked the Sparks to win in the poll, but Howard's efforts were awesome to bring about the win!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
grats to Hotlanta.

x2

And 3500 in a 3500 arena feels sooo much better than 3500 in an NBA sized arena

3,138, but yeah. I didn't even realize the capacity was that low but it looked like a great full house.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:
The Sparks need to do a better job of getting Liz quality shots and establishing her early in the game. There needs to be an offensive pecking order and it has to start with Liz/Nneka.
LA will not make the playoffs if Canada/Sykes are taking the same amount of shots as Liz/Nneka.

Agree with this. It looked like Cambage spent a lot of time calling for the ball and not getting it. Not sure I would blame Canada's stature on that.

When Canada is guarded by bigger defenders she has a tendency to make a low percentage of post-entry passes. But that's still no for not getting Cambage the ball when she's calling for it.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

How the biggest mismatch on the court was not in the game on that final play was beyond baffling…..hate her or not give her the damn ball on the block Nemo.

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Chiney? That was the play Fisher drew up? :?

How the biggest mismatch on the court was not in the game on that final play was beyond baffling…..hate her or not give her the damn ball on the block Nemo.

At a minimum, they should have run a post-up for Cambage, just to give Nneka a clean look.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/11/22 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to say this, though: as the self-proclaimed biggest Cambage fan on the board, and a lover of pivot play, in general, it chafes me how lazy Liz is at going after rebounds. Like, I feel like she could easily average another five rebounds a game, if she simply made an attempt to aggressively pursue the ball.

Or, if you're not going to go after the rebound yourself, at least put more of an effort into boxing out.

Milks26

PostPosted: 05/11/22 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Sykes pretty awful in this game.

Sykes and Carter each played like they thought tonight was going to be their "revenge" game. And they were both very, very wrong.

Agreed.

Way, way to early but Atl looking good.

PostPosted: 05/11/22 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks often struggle in Atlanta.

Dream defense looks good. The offense needs work.

Rhyne Howard has hit nine threes, the most of any WNBA player through their first two games.

PostPosted: 05/11/22 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I have to say this, though: as the self-proclaimed biggest Cambage fan on the board, and a lover of pivot play, in general, it chafes me how lazy Liz is at going after rebounds. Like, I feel like she could easily average another five rebounds a game, if she simply made an attempt to aggressively pursue the ball.

Or, if you're not going to go after the rebound yourself, at least put more of an effort into boxing out.

Lack of effort is a common complaint about Cambage

PostPosted: 05/11/22 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I guess, but it only actually bothers me when she's not going after rebounds.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/11/22 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

I guess, but it only actually bothers me when she's not going after rebounds.

I put it largely down to conditioning. That season in Dallas was about as fit as she has ever looked, but it feels like it has been a constant decline since then.
I might be completely wrong of course.

PostPosted: 05/11/22 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

100%!! That was our biggest advantage. If nothing else, get Liz in there as a decoy to cause the defense to sag inwards to get a better shot on the perimeter. Our lack of consistent three point threats and playing together has been rough. I am hoping Toliver and KLS came help with the former.
DTP

PostPosted: 05/12/22 3:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just echoing what pretty much all of you have said, its amazing how poor LA is at feeding the post considering their #1 & 2 options are post players. You have to get Liz the ball but more importantly, get Nneka the ball. A lot of the time the guards aren't even looking inside and when they do its really bad entry passes. Canada & Sykes leading the team in shot attempts is something opposing teams will live with every single night.

Maybe things improve with Tolliver & KLS simply because there will be more spacing to open things up most inside but its something they have got to figure out. How Liz wasn't in the last possession is crazy to me too.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/12/22 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once Toliver comes back someone's minutes are going to decrease. Carter already looks like she's not trying to fit in with the team aspect so if it's her *Fireworks* could begin .

PostPosted: 05/12/22 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Just echoing what pretty much all of you have said, its amazing how poor LA is at feeding the post considering their #1 & 2 options are post players. You have to get Liz the ball but more importantly, get Nneka the ball. A lot of the time the guards aren't even looking inside and when they do its really bad entry passes. Canada & Sykes leading the team in shot attempts is something opposing teams will live with every single night.

It's not even the shot attempts, it's the touches: either Nneka or Cambage should touch the ball on every possession. They should be the ones that the offense runs through, and they should be the ones making the decisions, to either score, or get their teammates a good shot. When I want to see a guard dribble for twenty seconds, before taking a contested shot... I mean, I know what channels the men's games come on...

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 05/12/22 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Once Toliver comes back someone's minutes are going to decrease. Carter already looks like she's not trying to fit in with the team aspect so if it's her *Fireworks* could begin .

You may be right, but I hope not. Carter has a lot of talent but I feel like she was trying to go too hard and force the issue too much (0-7). Trying to take it to her old team. Though based upon the horrible shooting nights, the same could be said for Sykes (3-12), Wheeler (2-10), and Coffey (1-9). I am hoping that vets Nneka and Kristi will be able to reel her in. I am hoping that Kristi's coaching experience will help her get through to Carter.

I agree the rotation is going to change a lot when we get Toliver and Samuelson back. Once the latter gets back, I think either Atwell or Walker are gone, since they currently have 13 players. Once we get our full roster, I think we start Canada-Toliver-Sykes-N.Ogwumike-Cambage. Regular subs will be Carter, Brown, Samuelson, and C. Ogwumike. Likely out of the regular rotation will be Burrell, Nelson-Ododa, and whoever is left between Atwell and Walker.
DTP

PostPosted: 05/12/22 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DTP wrote:

It's not even the shot attempts, it's the touches: either Nneka or Cambage should touch the ball on every possession. They should be the ones that the offense runs through, and they should be the ones making the decisions, to either score, or get their teammates a good shot. When I want to see a guard dribble for twenty seconds, before taking a contested shot... I mean, I know what channels the men's games come on...

Well said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: