Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/21/22 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/womensbball247/status/1484654214592843779?s=21

Quote:
Sources also mentioned Sun guard Briann January is headed to the PNW to join the Storm #wnbafreeagency #wnbatwitter  #wnba

https://twitter.com/womensbball247/status/1484654952568049667?s=21

Quote:
Hearing UFA Nia Coffey is heading to the Dream! Similar player to Billings so interested in how that will work out. #wnbafreeagency #wnba #wnbatwitter 

PostPosted: 01/21/22 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn’t compare Billings and Coffey. Coffey is shorter, more of a three. Unless Coffey signed for minimum, joining ATL could be a sign that McCoughtry isn’t coming back there. I wonder where she could be headed?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Cooper2009

PostPosted: 01/21/22 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
https://twitter.com/womensbball247/status/1484654214592843779?s=21

Quote:
Sources also mentioned Sun guard Briann January is headed to the PNW to join the Storm #wnbafreeagency #wnbatwitter  #wnba

https://twitter.com/womensbball247/status/1484654952568049667?s=21

Quote:
Hearing UFA Nia Coffey is heading to the Dream! Similar player to Billings so interested in how that will work out. #wnbafreeagency #wnba #wnbatwitter 

Mmm I don’t like the Coffey signing..u just signed a project with Walker who’s similar yet different.. they need a star 3/4 to mentor these two otherwise they’re making crazy decisions rn

PostPosted: 01/21/22 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolson has added Seattle to her free agency tour. She's also trying to improve her skills.

Quote:
Dolson has been spending the offseason stateside, focused on her development. She opted not to travel overseas and has been working with trainers on aspects of her game that were underutilized in 2021, specifically her skill as a traditional big on the block.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2022/1/17/22888051/stefanie-dolson-testing-the-waters-of-free-agency

PostPosted: 01/22/22 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1484987590033883137

Dream working to keep Hayes

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/22/22 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Dolson has added Seattle to her free agency tour. She's also trying to improve her skills.

Quote:
Dolson has been spending the offseason stateside, focused on her development. She opted not to travel overseas and has been working with trainers on aspects of her game that were underutilized in 2021, specifically her skill as a traditional big on the block.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2022/1/17/22888051/stefanie-dolson-testing-the-waters-of-free-agency

When has Dolson ever been a good low post player? She loves taking long distance jump shots. She has two left feet and two left hands whenever she tries to post another big close to the basket.😖

PostPosted: 01/22/22 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Quote:

When has Dolson ever been a good low post player? She loves taking long distance jump shots. She has two left feet and two left hands whenever she tries to post another big close to the basket.😖

So we're all in agreement then, that working on her low post game is something she needed to do.

PostPosted: 01/22/22 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1485047048961286145?s=21

Quote:
Kiah Stokes is headed to the Atlanta Dream. The 6’3 center played for the Las Vegas Aces last season after five years with the New York Liberty.

PostPosted: 01/22/22 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stokes and Coffey not exactly the big signings I was expecting from Atl with a fistful of cap space but depending on how much they spent on Stokes and Coffey they probably still have a max or two in their pocket.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 01/22/22 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1484571969236447246

Quote:
The Seattle Storm didn’t core Breanna Stewart. She has reportedly met with the New York Liberty. This is getting interesting. #WNBAFreeAgency

Laughing Laughing Laughing YES!!!

I love it... I hate coring so much... This would be a MAJOR MOVE, if she left.
THIS IS THE FREE AGENCY FUN THIS LEAGUE IS MISSING.

(Sorry Storm fans...just having a little fun in this post)

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/23/22 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/khristina/status/1485385132022317058?s=21

Quote:
WNBA All-Star Courtney Williams is expected to finalize a deal to return to the @ConnecticutSun, sources tell @GrlsTlkSportsTV.

In 2019, Williams played an instrumental role in leading the team to the WNBA finals.

PostPosted: 01/23/22 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
https://twitter.com/khristina/status/1485385132022317058?s=21

Quote:
WNBA All-Star Courtney Williams is expected to finalize a deal to return to the @ConnecticutSun, sources tell @GrlsTlkSportsTV.

In 2019, Williams played an instrumental role in leading the team to the WNBA finals.

Assuming they give supermax to Jonquel, the most Courtney can sign for is slightly under $96k. That requires CT to fill the three remaining slots with players making the absolute minimum. Of course, everything changes if they move one of the big four frontcourt players.

PostPosted: 01/23/22 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Technically they could create slightly more than that by cutting Charles/Carrington, but realistically - so assuming they'd like to keep those two, Hiedeman and their first-round pick - they'd only have $78,472 left. Seems very unlikely CWilliams would take that, or anything close to it. Surely some other move coming.

PostPosted: 01/23/22 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting.

Who got her traded from CT in the first place?

Glad she's getting another chance.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/23/22 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Interesting.

Who got her traded from CT in the first place?

Glad she's getting another chance.

Her wanting to play closer to home and being rather insistent on it. Whereupon the wubble happened, so I guess she learned the value of the old adage "be careful what you wish for".

PostPosted: 01/23/22 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1484571969236447246

Quote:
The Seattle Storm didn’t core Breanna Stewart. She has reportedly met with the New York Liberty. This is getting interesting. #WNBAFreeAgency

Laughing Laughing Laughing YES!!!

I love it... I hate coring so much... This would be a MAJOR MOVE, if she left.
THIS IS THE FREE AGENCY FUN THIS LEAGUE IS MISSING.

(Sorry Storm fans...just having a little fun in this post)

Not certain how it works, but if she’s let it be known she’s talking and people think it’s just to get an idea for next year, won’t Seattle go ahead and core her then. Moes her time to jump ship! The Storm have had an embarrassment of riches for far too long. It’s time for the Storm to have some down time.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/23/22 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're sort of at the midway point for pre-free-agency negotiations. So far for me, a couple of predicted things are happening as well as a couple of surprises:

Expected
1. After not being cored, it looks like LVA and Liz Cambage are on course to part ways. Making the long trip to America and showing up at WNBA cities looks like a recruiting tour -- unless Liz just happens to be sightseeing or shopping for new lingerie to spice up her OnlyFans pictures.

2. With the rumored signing of Courtney Williams, it's fairly certain that CT will be trading one of their All-Star frontcourt players. That's unless CW is accepting a really, really cheap contract.

Unexpected
1. The widespread interest in Stefanie Dolson. I suppose we actually don't know who initiated these meetings. Maybe it was Dolson and her agent. If a team has even mild interest in Stefanie, I suppose it makes sense to take a meeting. We don't know if she is their Plan A or Plan B or even Plan C or D. It will be interesting to see where Dolson lands and how much she gets paid.

2. I've been surprised by the radio silence regarding Tina Charles. I thought she'd be a major source of rumors during this free agency period, but so far nada.

PostPosted: 01/24/22 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone heard some good rumors about potential signings?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
wnbafan

PostPosted: 01/25/22 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I really don't want Cambage to sign with Washington.

Totally agree.

PostPosted: 01/25/22 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Totally agree.

Yeah, but you agree because you like the Mystics. I don't want her to go to Washington, because I don't like the Mystics.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 01/25/22 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage has such an odd reputation. Everybody says she's a great player but nobody wants her on their team.

PostPosted: 01/25/22 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Cambage has such an odd reputation. Everybody says she's a great player but nobody wants her on their team.

I've been thinking about this.

I think the conundrum with Liz is that she's the type of player you need to build a team around and the momentum of her time in the W has never allowed a team to truly do this. She's always parachuted into existing teams like a silver bullet but hasn't always been a perfect fit.

She's a special talent and a top tier player. I think Vegas was as close as we've seen to her being a cohesive fit on a team but her 2021 issues bombed any chemistry they had with her. So she often ends up being a chaotic neutral on these teams.

Which is why it's hard to figure out which current team/roster would truly benefit from her. I think any team with her is going to be good and a playoff team but she's also not really a plug and play type player.

adamj95

PostPosted: 01/25/22 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
pilight wrote:

I've been thinking about this.

I think the conundrum with Liz is that she's the type of player you need to build a team around and the momentum of her time in the W has never allowed a team to truly do this. She's always parachuted into existing teams like a silver bullet but hasn't always been a perfect fit.

She's a special talent and a top tier player. I think Vegas was as close as we've seen to her being a cohesive fit on a team but her 2021 issues bombed any chemistry they had with her. So she often ends up being a chaotic neutral on these teams.

Which is why it's hard to figure out which current team/roster would truly benefit from her. I think any team with her is going to be good and a playoff team but she's also not really a plug and play type player.

Plus you never know when Cambage will decide she doesn’t want to show up because the wind blew a certain way. Great talent for sure, but unreliable and indecisive.

PostPosted: 01/25/22 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kysre Gondrezick cleared waivers. I wonder if a team with budget problems might consider adding her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
wnbafan

PostPosted: 01/26/22 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Totally agree.

Yeah, but you agree because you like the Mystics. I don't want her to go to Washington, because I don't like the Mystics.

Laughing Laughing True, I think she would totally disrupt the chemistry.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 6 of 21

Jump to: