J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/21/22 2:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This could be a fun starting line up in Atl

Carter
Riq. Williams
McCoughtry
Charles
Cambage

and all of the free agents have a relationship with the coach, the GM or both.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/21/22 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They already have Parker at near max for two more years guaranteed. Doesn’t make much sense to have her coming off the bench.

Am I the only one that likes Billings as a starter? I think she’s earned it.

If McCoughtry goes elsewhere, I could see DeShields sliding into that spot, since it sounds like agent says she wants a starting spot. I suppose you could start DeShields at SG, but I think Hayes deserves to stay if she wants.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
scullyfu

PostPosted: 01/21/22 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I like Liz a lot but I don't see Washington or NY wanting to disrupt what they've got to take her on. She's high risk, medium reward. NY could be interesting but I just don't see her fitting well with that roster.

Especially now with Sandy running NY. She’s more than familiar with Liz & her antics. And then there’s that little matter of Liz basically trashing the Opals & who’s their hc? None other than Sandy. Yeah, I agree with you, NY is probably not a landing spot for Liz. And it may not be her choice.

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1484571969236447246

Quote:
The Seattle Storm didn’t core Breanna Stewart. She has reportedly met with the New York Liberty. This is getting interesting. #WNBAFreeAgency

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agent WNBA superstar Breanna Stewart - in move that could end Seattle Storm tenure - met with New York Liberty this week in LA and it included owners Joe and Clara Tsai, full front office staff, business leads and head coach Sandy Brondello, league sources told @YahooSports.

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/1484570364625575937?s=21

Liberty fans now get to writing pages on pages in your thread on why this is going to happen for sure! Wink Laughing

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
Free agent WNBA superstar Breanna Stewart - in move that could end Seattle Storm tenure - met with New York Liberty this week in LA and it included owners Joe and Clara Tsai, full front office staff, business leads and head coach Sandy Brondello, league sources told @YahooSports.

Liberty fans now get to writing pages on pages in your thread on why this is going to happen for sure! Wink Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing It wouldn't be the Liberty thread if it's not at least twice as long as the next longest team thread.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing It wouldn't be the Liberty thread if it's not at least twice as long as the next longest team thread.

I hate to come for my Liberty friends, but tis true! 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though, would Stewart really leave Seattle?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

We love the Liberty fans and their passion!

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Maybe she's just gauging a direction of the franchise before she decides to return home after sue retires. Can't imagine Bird wanting to play her final year without stewie.

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Maybe she's just gauging a direction of the franchise before she decides to return home after sue retires. Can't imagine Bird wanting to play her final year without stewie.

Dolson is now meeting with Seattle too! So maybe Bird will enjoy that replacement!

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

X___

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Dolson is now meeting with Seattle too! So maybe Bird will enjoy that replacement!

Uhh I don’t think that would be an incentive for Bird 😂😂😂

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/21/22 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

A simple of exchange one UConn legend for another -- what's the difference? Laughing

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/21/22 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

A simple of exchange one UConn legend for another -- what's the difference? Laughing

They are both gold medalists?!? Laughing

PostPosted: 01/21/22 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y’all are hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/21/22 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

They are both gold medalists?!? Laughing

*cues national anthem*

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/21/22 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if New York management was still in LA when Cambage came to New York. Wink

WNBA 09 wrote:

Stewart checking out NY for next year makes some sense. That's what Chelsea Gray did after visiting LVA -- went back to LA, then jumped the following season.

PostPosted: 01/21/22 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Who TF is Baybay?

LMMFAO🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Randy

PostPosted: 01/21/22 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I wonder if New York management was still in LA when Cambage came to New York. Wink

WNBA 09 wrote:

Stewart checking out NY for next year makes some sense. That's what Chelsea Gray did after visiting LVA -- went back to LA, then jumped the following season.

Doesn't really make sense. If Seattle gets wind that Stewart actually might leave next year, they will core her (in 2023) for 2 more years.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/21/22 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
root_thing wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:

Doesn't really make sense. If Seattle gets wind that Stewart actually might leave next year, they will core her (in 2023) for 2 more years.

That cant happen if Loyd signs for multiple years though. They probably talked with her and gave her room to check the market a bit. Just like the Sparks did with Nneka and with Gray.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/21/22 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Randy wrote:
root_thing wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:

That cant happen if Loyd signs for multiple years though. They probably talked with her and gave her room to check the market a bit. Just like the Sparks did with Nneka and with Gray.

But that's just it. They didn't give her room to check the market a bit. They left her unsigned with no options if that "checking the market" makes her want to sign elsewhere. They may think she is just looking a bit, but she can do whatever she wants.

It's mind-boggling. When you have the best player in the world, you don't take any chances.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/21/22 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is "checking the market" even mean for Stewart? Any team in the league will pay her the absolute max, no questions asked. Does Seattle thing she's gonna shop around and find out teams only want to offer her the vet minimum?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/21/22 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
But that's just it. They didn't give her room to check the market a bit. They left her unsigned with no options if that "checking the market" makes her want to sign elsewhere. They may think she is just looking a bit, but she can do whatever she wants.

It's mind-boggling. When you have the best player in the world, you don't take any chances.

You risk losing her for nothing, but what if coring her would've pissed her off? Maybe then you make it more likely she asks out. I agree it's going to look like a major error if they lose arguably the best player in the world for nothing when they could've protected her, but there's often more to these decisions that we don't know about.

Also always the chance that she pulls a Bonner even if she wants out, demanding the supermax but elsewhere. Then Seattle would get the sign-and-trade that might've been forced anyway even if they cored her.

PostPosted: 01/21/22 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Also always the chance that she pulls a Bonner even if she wants out, demanding the supermax but elsewhere. Then Seattle would get the sign-and-trade that might've been forced anyway even if they cored her.

Stewie probably doesn't need the money, but I can see her doing it to help out Seattle. I don't think she'd want to leave on totally bad terms. The Storm would get something equivalent to three 1st Round picks, and they'd have all that cap space to pursue another star player. Has anyone spotted Cambage in Seattle yet? Wink

PostPosted: 01/21/22 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Stewart is looking at the rosters for NY and Seattle thinking she can play on a team with Ionescu, Laney, old teammates Howard, and Whitcomb vs an out of the door Bird and Loyd. Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21

Jump to: