RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#9 Connecticut @ Oregon - 1/17/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Te-Hina is giving Oregon much needed fire paopao-er.

Stanford should be afraid, very afraid.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Other than having better guards, better bigs, better offense, better defense, and a better bench, Oregon doesn't have much.
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
linkster wrote:
But when was the last time a team had three HS No 1 recruits all out on injury at the same time.

"Oh no, we've almost run out of #1 recruits" is not going to engender much sympathy from the rest of the WCBB world

especially from Oregon who spent most of the last few months without three starters, the highest ranked being #11.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Other than having better guards, better bigs, better offense, better defense, and a better bench, Oregon doesn't have much.

Yet Graves is doing OK with what he has. Sign of a good coach. MVP, MVP!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only ONO and Ducharme show any ability to make a creative offensive move. Westbrook does so in some games, but not in this one. Muhl, Juhasz and Edwards are offensively effete.

Too bad UConn doesn't have Poffenbarger, Makurat and/or McClean.

Routs are interesting, nevertheless.
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well that sucked the life out of the arena. Hope she's OK.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Better than this UCONN team isn't necessarily much, imo.

However, in this down year, in which there is no team that will be regarded historically noteworthy, they could have a very good year.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Man...UCONN is pathetic.

Well, they're kind of defanged presently.

They are pathetically fanged......

I sure hope UConn is the 2 seed in SCar's region. I'll enjoy reading how you and your fellow Gamecock fans keep Dawn calm by explaining she should be pleased to have a weak E8 opponent. Very Happy

linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Better than this UCONN team isn't necessarily much, imo.

However, in this down year, in which there is no team that will be regarded historically noteworthy, they could have a very good year.

Oregon looked like garbage when Sabbally, Rogers & Pao Pao were out.

It is a weird year.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2-1 says ESPN keeps the camera on Geno at the end in case he flips off Graves like Barnes did the other day. Very Happy

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can I be the first to say it??

I'm just unimpressed with Connecticut....

Cool

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After Sabally left the court, the announcers mentioned her name twice, and analyzed UConn's injuries 4 times.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/17/22 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Man...UCONN is pathetic.

Well, they're kind of defanged presently.

They are pathetically fanged......

I sure hope UConn is the 2 seed in SCar's region. I'll enjoy reading how you and your fellow Gamecock fans keep Dawn calm by explaining she should be pleased to have a weak E8 opponent. Very Happy

Calm down there, young fella.

So what, you're no longer focused on that day in February? You're all over the room......

Tally24

PostPosted: 01/17/22 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lost a close family member after the WNBA finals, so I took a hiatus from most social media.

Curious as to what I was missing. Clearly, nothing of value on the court or in the forum. 💀
linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/22 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:
linkster wrote:
But when was the last time a team had three HS No 1 recruits all out on injury at the same time.

"Oh no, we've almost run out of #1 recruits" is not going to engender much sympathy from the rest of the WCBB world

Exactly. How good is Geno when the talent level between teams is similar?

Duke went to a FF with only 8 players on the roster. Not a #1 recruit in sight.

Frankly I prefer having a lot of the talent and then beating the crap out of everyone. You can try going to the FF with 8 players and no elite recruits but the list of those that do it make a thin book.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/22 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
linkster wrote:

especially from Oregon who spent most of the last few months without three starters, the highest ranked being #11.

Funny but I would think that a team who is just coming out of injury hell would be sympathetic to a team experiencing the same? But then it's UConn so F__K them, right?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/17/22 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I should more affirmatively acknowledge ONO for one of the best and most aggressive offensive games of her career, and not only that but against a very difficult defense for her. Scoring, rebounding, assisting, blocking with only one TO and two fouls.
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/17/22 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I should more affirmatively acknowledge ONO for one of the best and most aggressive offensive games of her career, and not only that but against a very difficult defense for her. Scoring, rebounding, assisting, blocking with only one TO and two fouls.

agree. She is definitely looking better this year, and also as the year goes on.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/17/22 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delightful game....sorta. While I obviously relish the outcome, I can't say it was uber-amazing or anything; way too many turnovers, etc., and large chunks of sloppy play at times. CT is diminished, and OR is still figuring out their chemistry.

MISS PRINCE - Finally playing as needed/expected. Cool Rogers is clearly a huge asset, making up for the loss of Shelly to NE. PaoPao's return is more than huge, and God help Nyarra....(that slo-mo on her fall reminded me of the hyper-extension that nailed Bueckers).

I know Kelly is keen on Hurst, and she was awesome during the pre-season -- I think she oughtta be getting more of the minutes that go to Scherr and Parrish. And Pinto. She's the reigning NJCAA POY, and she'd be a starter on 90% of all D1 teams. I hope she gets a lot more time.

linkster wrote:
Some posters remind me of the photographers at the climax of King Kong who once they knew their flashbulbs iritated the animal they poured it on in order to get Kong really riled up. All to give them scarier shots. They thought those chrome steel belts and chains would let them tease. Twisted Evil

I see your pot kicked in nicely. Razz

pilight wrote:
linkster wrote:

Yaa. This^^. A winning dynasty doth lead to a sense of entitlement in some. Wink

PostPosted: 01/17/22 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:
linkster wrote:

Exactly. How good is Geno when the talent level between teams is similar?

Duke went to a FF with only 8 players on the roster. Not a #1 recruit in sight.

Frankly I prefer having a lot of the talent and then beating the crap out of everyone. You can try going to the FF with 8 players and no elite recruits but the list of those that do it make a thin book.

Muffett won her last NC with a 3, 10, 11, 21 and 24 Hoopgurlz-rated recruits starting lineup (the 3 being a transfer). I can imagine the weeping and anguish if UConn was forced to go slumming with a 3rd rate roster like that. 😆

She made a lot of FFs without ever having a single #1 recruit, much less three at the same time. Turner and Diggins were her highest rated, iirc.

Evidently Muffett coached better than she recruited.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/17/22 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
linkster wrote:

Funny but I would think that a team who is just coming out of injury hell would be sympathetic to a team experiencing the same? But then it's UConn so F__K them, right?
no

Missing the point as usual, Sunshine. How many top five rankees are still on the Connie’s roster? Many on this forum have followed women’s basketball for DECADES. We have the seen Coaches do more with less. Geno ain’t getting it done.

CompSci87

PostPosted: 01/17/22 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Te-Hina is giving Oregon much needed fire paopao-er.

Stanford should be afraid, very afraid.

Well, Stanford already beat Oregon once this year. Prince was out for that game, though. I'm sure Stanford will be fearless but take the Ducks very seriously in the rematch.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/18/22 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
We have the seen Coaches do more with less. Geno ain’t getting it done.

As long as he can keep recruiting (and the players stay healthy), he shouldn’t have to worry about doing more with less.

Didn’t he get a commitment from Ayanna Patterson? That’s just not fair.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 01/18/22 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Good point. She played about as well as can be expected.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 01/18/22 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
After Sabally left the court, the announcers mentioned her name twice, and analyzed UConn's injuries 4 times.

Thereby adding more evidence to Muffet's criticism of UConn bias at ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: