RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Georgetown @ Marquette - 1/14/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/14/22 2:01 am    ::: Georgetown @ Marquette - 1/14/22 Reply Reply with quote

Milwaukee, WI - 8:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.flohoops.com/collections/tag/marquette-womens-basketball?view=live-and-upcoming (sub)

Live stats:
https://gomarquette.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/14/22 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has Georgetown lost all interest in WBB? They used to be respectable and noteworthy, but seem to have fallen completely off the radar screen.

Although, considering their past success and prominence, I guess the same could be said about MBB.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/14/22 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking like a let them play game so far. No fouls called on either team with 2:23 to go in the first quarter. Marquette is up 12-7.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/14/22 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

38-13 MARQ at the half

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/14/22 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
38-13 MARQ at the half

Or Karissa McLaughlin 18-Georgetown 13 😀

McLaughlin is Marquette’s only legitimate outside threat and she already has six three’s in the first half. She passed 1500 career points in this game also.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/14/22 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Has Georgetown lost all interest in WBB? They used to be respectable and noteworthy, but seem to have fallen completely off the radar screen.

Although, considering their past success and prominence, I guess the same could be said about MBB.

It boggles my mind that Georgetown has in their history recruited and kept two WNBA All-Stars, given their appalling facilities and general ennui towards things that are not MBB and idk, soccer maybe? My mind is boggled so hard it comes back down as dinm every time I think about it.

PostPosted: 01/14/22 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette wins 68-32. Marquette looked strong but it's hard to know in a game like this how much it was MU playing well and how much it was that Georgetown is just really not a very good team. Although this was also Georgetown's first game since December 13th so that probably didn't help them.

The third quarter was the only quarter Georgetown even got over double digits in scoring and they scored 5 and 4 points total in different quarters. GT had 5 assists compared to 26 for MU. MU only had 11 turnovers which is very good for them - they have had an issue with turnovers this season.

I expect a much more competitive game on Sunday when Marquette hosts Villanova who lost at DePaul tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: