RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will UConn finish first in the Big East?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 15 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/17/21 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
Queenie - will you be at the Marquette-Seton Hall game on Sunday? Marquette's offense actualy decided to show up in their last game but it's been missing a lot this season so far Smile. And this one is actually on TV so that's cool.

Husband will. For my sins, I’ll be at St. John’s watching them play DePaul.

Smile. Hope St. John's can pull the upset.

No idea how Marquette will do at Seton Hall. For their games I just hope they can stay under 20 turnovers and have their offense show up Smile.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/22/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette beat Cincinnati today to close out their non-conference part of their schedule. It sure was ugly though as MU struggled again with turnovers having 24 in this game. Grad transfer Karissa McLaughlin went down in the first half clutching her ankle and came back out on the bench after half-time wearing a boot. It's her left ankle which she had hut when she was at Purdue. She's really the only legitimate 3 point threat Marquette has. Nirel Lougbo got into the game today - she missed all of last season and this was the first game she was in uniform for this season - last time she played was the BE Tourney in March 2020.

Marquette's first game after the Christmas break is at UCONN - I don't think it will be pretty for MU.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/09/22 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCONN is back in action today for the first time in 21 days as they host Creighton who is off to a 5-0 start in Big East play.

The other 3 BE games originally scheduled for today are all canceled due to Covid issues:

Xavier at Seton Hall
Butler at St. John's
Villanova at Georgetown

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/23/22 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also put this in the Covid thread - this is an important game for league standings (although it wouldn't surprise me to see UCONN go undefeated in league play again).

UCONN at DePaul originally scheduled to be on 12/31 and canceled due to UCONN's Covid issues has been rescheduled to this Wed. 1/26 at 8P EST at Wintrust Arena - TV yet to be determined.

https://twitter.com/BIGEASTWBB/status/1485425003780841472

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/30/22 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aneesah Morrow is having an incredible freshman campaign for DePaul. She set a Big East record with 27 rebounds today. Some other accolades from the DePaul game recap:

-Morrow came into the game leading the nation in double-doubles, rebounds and offensive rebounds per game and was second in field goals, third in points and fifth in steals. She now has 15 consecutive double-doubles and 8 on the season.
-The 6-1 freshman has 139 points and 89 rebounds in her last five games---an average of 27.8 points and 17.8 rebounds.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/30/22 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt the conference would do it, but you could make a statistical argument for Morrow not just for Big East FOY and POY, but for DPOY. I'm terrified and impressed by her at the same time.

PostPosted: 01/30/22 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I doubt the conference would do it, but you could make a statistical argument for Morrow not just for Big East FOY and POY, but for DPOY. I'm terrified and impressed by her at the same time.

I hadn't thought of her as DPOY also. But I had considered her for BE FOY and POY. She's obviously the no brainer for BE FOY. She's going to be terrorizing the league for years to come now.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/04/22 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No surprise that UCONN is at the top of the Big East standings right now at 9-0 - the crazy thing to me is that Creighton is in second at 11-3 having played 5 more BE games than UCONN. UCONN just lost a game to Butler today due to weather/travel issues and lost a number of other games due to Covid issues. At this point I feel like the BE isn't going to reschedule most of those gams so it seems likely UCONN is going to end up with a lot less BE games than most other BE teams.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/05/22 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
No surprise that UCONN is at the top of the Big East standings right now at 9-0 - the crazy thing to me is that Creighton is in second at 11-3 having played 5 more BE games than UCONN. UCONN just lost a game to Butler today due to weather/travel issues and lost a number of other games due to Covid issues. At this point I feel like the BE isn't going to reschedule most of those gams so it seems likely UCONN is going to end up with a lot less BE games than most other BE teams.

We have two windows to make up 1 BE game in each and like you, I feel like it won't happen.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/05/22 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Aneesah Morrow is having an incredible freshman campaign for DePaul. She set a Big East record with 27 rebounds today. Some other accolades from the DePaul game recap:

-Morrow came into the game leading the nation in double-doubles, rebounds and offensive rebounds per game and was second in field goals, third in points and fifth in steals. She now has 15 consecutive double-doubles and 8 on the season.
-The 6-1 freshman has 139 points and 89 rebounds in her last five games---an average of 27.8 points and 17.8 rebounds.

Could she break Courtney Paris' records - single season high rebounds (539), or consecutive double-doubles (112)....?

PostPosted: 02/06/22 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Could she break Courtney Paris' records - single season high rebounds (539), or consecutive double-doubles (112)....?

Single season high is at least at the edge of plausibility. If she plays the bare minimum of remaining games (7 regular season, first round of the Big East tournament, one postseason game) she'd need to average 24.23 rebounds. A more realistic number of games, adding two in the Big East tournament and one more in the postseason, puts the required average at 19.81. Deeper runs would make the number even more viable (and if she's on pace in the earlier games, her team's probably on pace for a deeper run).

Come back to me her junior year regarding the double-double streak.

PostPosted: 02/06/22 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Come back to me her junior year regarding the double-double streak.

Yeah, I think that record will last long after Morrow's gone from the game. It's pretty incredible.

PostPosted: 02/07/22 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

We have two windows to make up 1 BE game in each and like you, I feel like it won't happen.

I was wrong - no big surprise there 😀. The BE announced today MU will travel to UCONN on Wed 2/23 to make up their game from late December.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/20/22 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So does Morrow get Big East POY and FOY or just FOY?

PostPosted: 02/21/22 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I think she should get Big East POY and FOY. But not sure what will happen. BE FOY is obviously a foregone conclusion at this point.

Doesn't the BE POY award have to go to a UCONN player though Smile??? If the smiley face doesn't give that away for everyone, I'm totally kidding with that last comment...

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/21/22 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Definitely BECFOY and NFOY. She may be runner-up to Maddy Siegrist for BECPOY, depending on how DePaul and Villanova end up.
HomerCecil

PostPosted: 02/22/22 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, Xavier dismissed its top two leading scorers, Nia Clark and Kae Satterfield. They had been suspended for a game or two and then just vanished from the roster.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/xaviersports/2022/02/21/xavier-womens-basketball-dismisses-2-players-violating-team-rules/6884842001/

The rebuild restarts again, I guess.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/22/22 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oooof. I don't remember off the top of my head how many years Satterfield had left, but I think Clark's a sophomore? Her defense was really impressive in the STJ game.

PostPosted: 02/22/22 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Oooof. I don't remember off the top of my head how many years Satterfield had left, but I think Clark's a sophomore? Her defense was really impressive in the STJ game.

It looks like this was Clark’s fourth year of school - freshman at Miami of Ohio, sat out a transfer year then played these last two years at Xavier. Satterfield was in her third year of school.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/27/22 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I dunno, but....41 pts/ 18 reb today vs. Creighton? This kid is beyond amazing!

PostPosted: 02/27/22 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I go to look at the bracket tonight for the BET and see a number of seeds aren't listed there. They have to wait until Tuesday for a rescheduled Xavier-Seton Hall game to determine all the seeds.

Here's the seeds that have been determined:

1. UCONN
2. Villanova
3. Creighton
4. DePaul
5. Marquette
6. Seton Hall
7. St. John's
8. Providence
9. ???
10. ???
11. Butler

So Tuesday's game between Xavier and Seton Hall will determine between Xavier and Georgetown who is the 9 seed and who is the 10 seed.

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2022/2/27/womens-basketball-bigeastwbb-minute-nine-teams-close-out-the-regular-season.aspx

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 02/28/22 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel pretty confident that you can pencil in Georgetown as the 9 seed. Smile

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 03/01/22 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seton Hall beat Xavier in Cincinnati, 74-53. Georgetown will be the 9 seed and Xavier the 10.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/04/22 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is the Big East Tournament on TV anywhere?

Where is it being played?

pilight

PostPosted: 03/04/22 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're playing at Mohegan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: