Fowles Atlanta regular max two years

Hines-Allen stays in Washington reg max 3 years

Quigley Seattle 150k

R. Allen Chicago 150K

Russell sign with Dallas reg max

Cambage (cored) traded to LA for N. Ogwumike
(Both Chiney and Toliver retire)

McCoughtry signs with Atl two year reg max
(Atl cuts Hawkins for extra cap and goes win now and later Angel, Tina, and Sylvia team up with Chennedy, McDonald and this years lottery pick to ship hunt in a two year window then retire allowing Atl to reload around Carter, McDonald and the lottery pick as Chennedy because a free agent)

Hayes signs with LA at 150K most of Toliver's money

January signs with Chicago for 1 year 90k

Bird retires goes into broadcasting

Coffey signs with Indy for decent money 150kish

Cunningham signs with Seattle for slightly more than vet minimum

Clarendon resigns with Minn

Talbot signs with NY for more than Cunningham makes in Seattle but less than Allen got in Chicago

Dolson signs with NY for 2 years at about 125k

Deshilds signs with Dallas for 100k

C. Williams signs with LA for just a little above vet minimum 1 year redemption deal

E. Williams signs one year deal with Minn

awhom111

PostPosted: 12/31/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A player who is not likely to be signed is Filipino center Jack Animam:
https://www.philstar.com/sports/2021/11/10/2140168/jack-enter-wnba-draft

In both top-level basketball leagues in the Philippines, you actually have to enter a draft to be able to play and there's no age exception, which probably explains some of the confusing terminology in the article. There is a Filipino group that is investing in getting the top players there opportunities to compete in the United States, but I think that she is the first woman that they have been tried to promote. Also, her listed height seems to change depending on the article.

She got injured after a few months in Serbia, but should at least be able to get another offer in Europe next season after playing pretty well. I am not sure if her camp has done any work on getting her paperwork for dual citizenship with Nigeria, but that would have made it much easier for her to play in the second division in Spain or something. I would say she should try to play in Australia's NBL1 instead of the United States during those months, but Luuuc probably deserves a break until after the Kai Sotto era.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/31/21 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
A player who is not likely to be signed is Filipino center Jack Animam:
https://www.philstar.com/sports/2021/11/10/2140168/jack-enter-wnba-draft

In both top-level basketball leagues in the Philippines, you actually have to enter a draft to be able to play and there's no age exception, which probably explains some of the confusing terminology in the article. There is a Filipino group that is investing in getting the top players there opportunities to compete in the United States, but I think that she is the first woman that they have been tried to promote. Also, her listed height seems to change depending on the article.

She got injured after a few months in Serbia, but should at least be able to get another offer in Europe next season after playing pretty well. I am not sure if her camp has done any work on getting her paperwork for dual citizenship with Nigeria, but that would have made it much easier for her to play in the second division in Spain or something. I would say she should try to play in Australia's NBL1 instead of the United States during those months, but Luuuc probably deserves a break until after the Kai Sotto era.

A Kai Sotto on the women's side as well? Bring it on! Smile

PostPosted: 01/01/22 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
These are just fun
meant to be crazy and out there and only vaguely realistic or not at all
don't take too serious

top 25

Stewart resigns with Seattle super max max years

J. Jones (Cored) stays with Conn super max max years

Wilson stay with LV max and max years

(pretty boring so far)

J. Loyd (Cored) traded to Chicago for Sloot in double super max sign and trade

Sloot see above

Copper (cored) stays in Chicago super max and max years

Charles Atlanta regular max two years

Fowles Atlanta regular max two years

Hines-Allen stays in Washington reg max 3 years

Quigley Seattle 150k

R. Allen Chicago 150K

Russell sign with Dallas reg max

Cambage (cored) traded to LA for N. Ogwumike
(Both Chiney and Toliver retire)

McCoughtry signs with Atl two year reg max
(Atl cuts Hawkins for extra cap and goes win now and later Angel, Tina, and Sylvia team up with Chennedy, McDonald and this years lottery pick to ship hunt in a two year window then retire allowing Atl to reload around Carter, McDonald and the lottery pick as Chennedy because a free agent)

Hayes signs with LA at 150K most of Toliver's money

January signs with Chicago for 1 year 90k

Bird retires goes into broadcasting

Coffey signs with Indy for decent money 150kish

Cunningham signs with Seattle for slightly more than vet minimum

Clarendon resigns with Minn

Talbot signs with NY for more than Cunningham makes in Seattle but less than Allen got in Chicago

Dolson signs with NY for 2 years at about 125k

Deshilds signs with Dallas for 100k

C. Williams signs with LA for just a little above vet minimum 1 year redemption deal

E. Williams signs one year deal with Minn

Even thou I would prefer to have C. Williams vs Diamond, either way, I like your vision!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/01/22 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Qualifying Offer Day Has Arrived!

Los Angeles:
Qualifying Offers to Te'a Cooper and Lauren Cox

Connecticut:
Qualifying Offers to Natisha Hiedeman, Stephanie Jones, and Beatrice Mompremier

Indiana:
Qualifying Offers to Victoria Vivians, Temi Fagbenle, Chelsey Perry, and Bernadett Határ

EDITED: Removing Cannon after Richyyy's post!

Last edited by lynxmania on 01/02/22 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/01/22 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Emma Cannon is no longer on the list, by the way. Because of details too stupid to go into, I didn't think the Fever had the right to give her a QO. So they may have changed their mind and decided I was right, or they could just be trying to work it out and she'll be added back in at some point.

PostPosted: 01/02/22 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chicago Sky have extended qualifying offers to Diamond DeShields and Lexie Brown. @Winsidr

https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1477670620103995392?s=21

PostPosted: 01/02/22 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

League admitted their mistake and Cannon is a UFA, just to clean that one up. Same will apply to Jillian Alleyne in Minnesota, for what that's worth.

PostPosted: 01/02/22 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given that teams like to do these all at the same time, i guess this means that Indiana does not plan a qualifying offer for Lindsay Allen.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/02/22 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Given that teams like to do these all at the same time, i guess this means that Indiana does not plan a qualifying offer for Lindsay Allen.

I noticed the same gap, but teams don't always do them all in one go so maybe it'll still come. Don't know why they wouldn't want her back, especially with Allemand talking about taking a break from the game and DRob a constant injury risk. Plus she's the sort of player who might get you a second-rounder from someone who's desperate for a ballhandler.

But it's Indiana. Nothing much would surprise me at this point.

PostPosted: 01/12/22 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kahleah Copper joining Jonquel Jones as confirmed core designations today. Doubt she's going to be the last.

PostPosted: 01/15/22 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, unless I missed something, the only cores are Jonquel, Copper, and Loyd. Interesting that Cambage didn't get cored. If we're looking for scenarios for eye-popping moves, this would be a place to look. This sets up the possibility of LVA letting Liz walk and replacing her with someone like Charles. Tina has the Laimbeer connection, but more interesting is how Hammon would react to coaching Cambage. Becky was an undersized unathletic player who had to scratch and claw for everything she achieved. Meanwhile, Liz is naturally gifted and at times seems interested in just about everything except basketball. On paper, it looks like they would mix like oil and water. So, it wouldn't surprise me if LVA moves on from Liz. If that happens, then Cambage gets to finally act on her dream of playing in LA. This could set off a chain reaction as the Sparks try to find a way to create cap space. Will Derek Fisher finally be motivated to trade Nneka?

The other situation that jumps out at me is the two Jones in CT. The Sun have 4 All-Star caliber front-court players and one starting guard. They probably can't afford to bring back January or perhaps they may simply want to upgrade. It would make sense to deal Brionna Jones, but she's actually on a relatively cheap contract. To get the full benefit of saving money from a trade, they'd achieve more by moving Jonquel. Yeah, it would be unthinkable to trade the reigning MVP. However, they did keep her sitting on the bench too much as a rookie even though she was already good. With Chiney injured during JJ's second year, Jones had a monster season -- setting the WNBA record for rebounds and garnering MVP votes. But the next year, Chiney reclaimed her starting job while Jonquel was stuck playing overseas to begin the season. Jones spent much of that year coming off the bench. I've always wondered if those two seasons of sitting too much might have led to some festering resentment. Again, if people are looking for a big surprise, there's a plausible narrative here.

PostPosted: 01/15/22 3:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JJ and Jones both have incredible overseas seasons right now. Jones has rally developed into a solid a d IMO still underrated center. So with JJ improvement from shooting the 3ball why would you want to trade Jones? It doesnt make sensor. They are a good combo

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 01/15/22 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The official FA list

https://www.wnba.com/free-agency-hub/

PostPosted: 01/15/22 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The official FA list

https://www.wnba.com/free-agency-hub/

Nia Coffey needs to be retained at all costs. I doubt she has even fully maximized her potential as yet.

PostPosted: 01/15/22 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
JJ and Jones both have incredible overseas seasons right now. Jones has rally developed into a solid a d IMO still underrated center. So with JJ improvement from shooting the 3ball why would you want to trade Jones? It doesnt make sensor. They are a good combo

Life is about choices. We don't always get to do what we want. The Sun's offense lacks balance. They keep falling short due to a lack of outside shooting even with JJ's improved 3-ball efficiency. She can't be spacing the floor both down low and outside at the same time. They need all five players to contribute. CT has to make a change but they don't have much cap space. In order to create enough cap space to get a significant player, someone good on the current roster has to go. The other choices are Bonner or Alyssa Thomas. Bonner is on the old side, and Thomas is an odd player who won't fit a lot of systems. Trading one of the Jones' is probably the most realistic option.

No one is saying it's going to happen. We're just looking at situations where a surprise move might occur like all the unexpected moves that took place last year. However, think about it. CT can both rebalance their roster and add to their depth by making a trade. For example, freeing up cap space would let them bring back Courtney Williams. That gives CT a more balanced starting five. In addition, a trade will bring back young players and draft picks to strengthen their bench. Hopefully, they will also find someone who can replace Bonner as she starts to decline. Yes, you're giving up a really good player, but you're also possibly fixing three problems at once.

PostPosted: 01/15/22 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Definitely a case that now is the right time to trade Brionna Jones. Assuming you keep AThomas, Bonner and JJones, you're going to struggle to re-sign BJones after this season anyway. She's shown significant improvement in recent seasons, is starring overseas, and her value might go backwards this season anyway if she spends it as a backup. If you can get young, cheap perimeter talent in return, there's absolutely an argument.

I wouldn't trade Jonquel unless she demands it, because those are the players who win you championships. You don't give up the stars unless you have to.

PostPosted: 01/15/22 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I wouldn't trade Jonquel unless she demands it, because those are the players who win you championships. You don't give up the stars unless you have to.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned years 1 and 3 where it seemed like Jonquel spent more time on the bench than necessary. I fully acknowledge that we've never heard JJ complain about it. However, if we're being speculative -- which was the point of this exercise -- that looks like a possible source of hidden discontent that might linger.

PostPosted: 01/15/22 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
So, unless I missed something, the only cores are Jonquel, Copper, and Loyd. Interesting that Cambage didn't get cored. If we're looking for scenarios for eye-popping moves, this would be a place to look. This sets up the possibility of LVA letting Liz walk and replacing her with someone like Charles. Tina has the Laimbeer connection, but more interesting is how Hammon would react to coaching Cambage. Becky was an undersized unathletic player who had to scratch and claw for everything she achieved. Meanwhile, Liz is naturally gifted and at times seems interested in just about everything except basketball. On paper, it looks like they would mix like oil and water. So, it wouldn't surprise me if LVA moves on from Liz. If that happens, then Cambage gets to finally act on her dream of playing in LA. This could set off a chain reaction as the Sparks try to find a way to create cap space. Will Derek Fisher finally be motivated to trade Nneka?

The other situation that jumps out at me is the two Jones in CT. The Sun have 4 All-Star caliber front-court players and one starting guard. They probably can't afford to bring back January or perhaps they may simply want to upgrade. It would make sense to deal Brionna Jones, but she's actually on a relatively cheap contract. To get the full benefit of saving money from a trade, they'd achieve more by moving Jonquel. Yeah, it would be unthinkable to trade the reigning MVP. However, they did keep her sitting on the bench too much as a rookie even though she was already good. With Chiney injured during JJ's second year, Jones had a monster season -- setting the WNBA record for rebounds and garnering MVP votes. But the next year, Chiney reclaimed her starting job while Jonquel was stuck playing overseas to begin the season. Jones spent much of that year coming off the bench. I've always wondered if those two seasons of sitting too much might have led to some festering resentment. Again, if people are looking for a big surprise, there's a plausible narrative here.

I sent Fisher a message on Twitter this morning suggesting....

LA: Moriah Jefferson
Charli Collier
Kayla Thornton
Chelsea Dungee
#6 draft pick

Dal: Nkeka O.
Kristi Toliver
Brittany Sykes
23'2nd Rd Pk

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/16/22 2:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are many top level UFA posts players that were not cored. So what teams are going break their bank open to recruit any of these free agents?🧐😀

PostPosted: 01/16/22 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wrote a round-up of the decisions made in the qualifying offer period - including cuts/qualifying offers/core moves etc. - and what they tell us about what might be coming.

https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/wnba-core-restricted-reserved-offer-takeaways
Quote:
Where Cambage would go now becomes an open question. She's long been linked to the glitz and glamour of Los Angeles, but right now the Sparks have minimal cap space and zero spots for new guaranteed contracts. So unless they can make some moves to open up room, it's a marriage that seems unlikely until 2023. Cambage also recently split from her Disrupt The Game agent Allison Galer, just to complicate things even further. Could this be the first free agent contract to be negotiated via OnlyFans DMs?

PostPosted: 01/16/22 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hollywood Liz has too much drama even for Hollywood!

PostPosted: 01/16/22 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Life is about choices. We don't always get to do what we want. The Sun's offense lacks balance. They keep falling short due to a lack of outside shooting even with JJ's improved 3-ball efficiency. She can't be spacing the floor both down low and outside at the same time. They need all five players to contribute. CT has to make a change but they don't have much cap space. In order to create enough cap space to get a significant player, someone good on the current roster has to go. The other choices are Bonner or Alyssa Thomas. Bonner is on the old side, and Thomas is an odd player who won't fit a lot of systems. Trading one of the Jones' is probably the most realistic option.

No one is saying it's going to happen. We're just looking at situations where a surprise move might occur like all the unexpected moves that took place last year. However, think about it. CT can both rebalance their roster and add to their depth by making a trade. For example, freeing up cap space would let them bring back Courtney Williams. That gives CT a more balanced starting five. In addition, a trade will bring back young players and draft picks to strengthen their bench. Hopefully, they will also find someone who can replace Bonner as she starts to decline. Yes, you're giving up a really good player, but you're also possibly fixing three problems at once.

Still not sure why the Sun need to make any dramatic change. They were an amazing team until they ran up against a team of destiny. They should go with the minimum change necessary and run it back.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/16/22 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Still not sure why the Sun need to make any dramatic change. They were an amazing team until they ran up against a team of destiny. They should go with the minimum change necessary and run it back.

Again my point was to identify situations where a surprise might occur -- just like last season. Obviously, if you could superficially refute an idea it wouldn't be a surprise. That said, some of us are skeptical about Chicago being "a team of destiny." Is it all just luck? Connecticut has won at least 21 games in 4 of the last 5 years. The one year they didn't was in the Wubble. That season, despite going 10-12 during the regular season, CT barely lost in the semi-finals. If anyone looked like a team of destiny that year, it was the Sun. But destiny didn't help them in a bad year, and destiny hasn't helped them in good years. So, maybe the Sun need to look harder at where they're falling short rather than waiting for the Gods or Fate to intervene.

There is also the hard reality of the salary cap. After signing JJ to a supemax contract, they won't have much to work with in terms of filling out their roster. They are still short a starting guard right now. And as Richyyy points out, they won't be able to afford Brionna Jones next year. So rather than let her walk away for free, it might make some sense to get value for her now.

PostPosted: 01/16/22 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel is at the Timberwolves game in Minny with Collier 👀👀

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: