RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Online Resources and Streaming Services
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/20/21 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like these two corps were playing a big game of chicken, both hoping the other would cave on their asking price. Ultimately Disney/ESPN has more power here because I'd imagine YouTube would lose more customers/profit by not carrying those channels than simply having to raise the monthly price by $5.

I was going to switch from Hulu to YouTube last week since the Hulu price is going up $5 next month, but now I need to compare packages again. Does anyone have Sling and only Sling?

PostPosted: 12/20/21 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
I’ve seen some message board action re: YouTubeTV getting ESPN back!

I was out shopping and let out a woo hoo when I saw the email saying a deal had been reached 😀. ESPN is back on my lineup

Hmmm. For real??

I just bought YouTube Live a couple of weeks ago, with zero foreknowledge of the ESPN dustup. I was REALLY torqued when I went to watch the Stanford/TN lineup and discovered this (I don't watch much TV otherwise). I immediately went to a free week of Hulu Live TV just to have access to the games this weekend.

BUTTTT....if YT-Live has the ESPNs back, I'm good with that. I can't seem to find any way to get Pac 12 games easily, but OR has feeds for their home games, at least.

Just an FYI as long as the games aren't on Pac-12 Network the games will be streamed from the home schools (Only Pac-12 Teams) site for free, that's why a lot of non-conference home Pac-12 games have been streamed, but once Pac-12 play starts most of the games will be on Pac-12 Network, so unfortunately you will only get like a free 5 minute trial before it asks you to sign in.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/20/21 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Seems like these two corps were playing a big game of chicken, both hoping the other would cave on their asking price. Ultimately Disney/ESPN has more power here because I'd imagine YouTube would lose more customers/profit by not carrying those channels than simply having to raise the monthly price by $5.

I was going to switch from Hulu to YouTube last week since the Hulu price is going up $5 next month, but now I need to compare packages again. Does anyone have Sling and only Sling?

We had Sling when we first got rid of cable but then switched to YouTubeTV. The DVR for YTTV is much better and we liked YTTV overall a lot better than Sling.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/20/21 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

We had Sling when we first got rid of cable but then switched to YouTubeTV. The DVR for YTTV is much better and we liked YTTV overall a lot better than Sling.

I'm glad it was only a day or 2 because honestly, I really like YouTube TV. They are usually very responsive whenever I have an issue and quick to credit my account for a week or 2. I get all the channels I want, it's less expensive than all those other providers and my family can all use it no matter where they are.

taropatch

PostPosted: 12/30/21 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone know how to get Sec Network Plus without doing FuboTV?
I have Hulu and ESPN+ but can't find any add-ons that would do the job?
Willing to subscribe to Sec Network + as a standalone but its not possible (or is it?)

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/30/21 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Willing to subscribe to Sec Network + as a standalone but its not possible (or is it?)

Try the ESPN app.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/30/21 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
taropatch wrote:

Try the ESPN app.

https://www.secsports.com/article/23926730

Q: ESPN+ is a paid subscription. Do I have to pay separately to access SEC Network+?
A: No. SEC Network+ is complementary to SEC Network and part of your subscription with your cable, satellite, or streaming provider. Q: If a game is on ESPN+ or SEC Network+, can I watch it on TV? A: SEC Network+ and ESPN+ are not television channels, but they are available via the ESPN App on your TV through connected streaming services and devices.

I believe this means that SEC+ is only available if you already have SEC.

taropatch

PostPosted: 12/30/21 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
taropatch wrote:

Try the ESPN app.

Q: ESPN+ is a paid subscription. Do I have to pay separately to access SEC Network+?
A: No. SEC Network+ is complementary to SEC Network and part of your subscription with your cable, satellite, or streaming provider. Q: If a game is on ESPN+ or SEC Network+, can I watch it on TV? A: SEC Network+ and ESPN+ are not television channels, but they are available via the ESPN App on your TV through connected streaming services and devices.

Yes, my ESPN+ showed the LSU-Georgia game with a SEC Network+ annotation. When I clicked on it, nothing happens. So as you said, I need SEC. How do I get that?

Not familiar with ESPN App. Is it for phones? Is it a streaming service?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/31/21 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
taropatch wrote:

Try the ESPN app.

Yes, my ESPN+ showed the LSU-Georgia game with a SEC Network+ annotation. When I clicked on it, nothing happens. So as you said, I need SEC. How do I get that?

The ESPN App is for mobile devices. If you’re already using a non-mobile device to view your ESPN+ you’re getting all of the same streaming you would with the App on a phone or tablet.

It looks like you need to have one of these to get SEC.

“SEC Network authenticated subscribers of AT&T TV, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH Network, fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Optimum, Sling TV, Spectrum TV, Suddenlink, Verizon Fios, Xfinity TV, YouTube TV, Vidgo, members of the NCTC, as well as those with access to SEC Network through TV connected devices, can watch the game via SEC Network+.”

Any of these options are going to cost quite a bit to get SEC/SEC+. You could upgrade your Hulu to Hulu+ and drop your separate ESPN+ sub since that’s included in Hulu+. Another alternative is Sling Orange with the added Sports Package for $46/mo.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/31/21 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
taropatch wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
taropatch wrote:

Try the ESPN app.

The ESPN App is for mobile devices. If you’re already using a non-mobile device to view your ESPN+ you’re getting all of the same streaming you would with the App on a phone or tablet.

It looks like you need to have one of these to get SEC.

“SEC Network authenticated subscribers of AT&T TV, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH Network, fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Optimum, Sling TV, Spectrum TV, Suddenlink, Verizon Fios, Xfinity TV, YouTube TV, Vidgo, members of the NCTC, as well as those with access to SEC Network through TV connected devices, can watch the game via SEC Network+.”

Any of these options are going to cost quite a bit to get SEC/SEC+. You could upgrade your Hulu to Hulu+ and drop your separate ESPN+ sub since that’s included in Hulu+. Another alternative is Sling Orange with the added Sports Package for $46/mo.

I watched that game last night (LSU/GA). I currently have Sling Orange and Vidgo. My Sling expires on 1/3/22. I'm going to go with Vidgo for a while and see what I miss out on vs. what I get (BTN and a Fox network channel (I think it's from NYC) that lets me watch NFL games that I typically only get OTA when the weather between here and South Bend is absolutely perfect - which is pretty much never).

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
taropatch

PostPosted: 12/31/21 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzone and ExRef, thank you for your responses.

Since I already have Hulu Live TV, I called support and they said I should have access to the conference networks. Don't know what happened. Anyway, if I have problems getting conference networks, might switch over to Vidgo.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/31/21 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
mzone and ExRef, thank you for your responses.

Since I already have Hulu Live TV, I called support and they said I should have access to the conference networks. Don't know what happened. Anyway, if I have problems getting conference networks, might switch over to Vidgo.

I have Hulu Live TV, also. To watch a game on SEC+, I usually go to espn.com/watch and stream it that way. (I usually watch games on my laptop, for reference.) The first time you do it it prompts you to sign in with your TV provider, at which point you choose Hulu.

If you have a Smart TV / Firestick / Roku, you can also download the ESPN app and get to the SEC+ games that way. Sometimes but not always the SEC+ games show up in the Hulu app. I'm not sure why I can't find them there sometimes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: