2. Fever
3. Dream
4. Wings

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 12/19/21 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, fate hates the Fever.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/19/21 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it were up to me, the lottery would go in inverse order of when the team last had the #1 pick. This year:

1: Indiana has never had the #1 pick
2: Washington last had the #1 pick in 1999
3: Atlanta last had the #1 pick in 2009
4: Dallas had the #1 pick in 2021

PostPosted: 12/19/21 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Man, fate hates the Fever.

100% agree. Watch PUMatty & the other few remaining Fever fans disappear from the board knowing their team got screwed yet again (perhaps once they’ve said their piece for the final time).

Lord, the Mystics needed Rhyne Howard the least out of all the Lottery teams – although, depending on how their free agency goes, and how EDD’s *gestures open-endedly* situation goes, the Mystics may actually need a PF before a SF. Though I wouldn’t hold my breath on that.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/19/21 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There does seem to be something of a split between Howard and Smith as the #1 pick. So maybe it's good for Indiana - no decision to really make if you just take whichever one is left. And decision-making hasn't been their friend in recent times.

PostPosted: 12/19/21 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those who want to see the actual balls come out of the machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgxzyX0Uhj0

PostPosted: 12/19/21 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unbelievable.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 12/19/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
For those who want to see the actual balls come out of the machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgxzyX0Uhj0

Oh, Richyyy, there you go again, making life SO much more difficult for the conspiracy theorists here and elsewhere. Smile

PostPosted: 12/19/21 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
There does seem to be something of a split between Howard and Smith as the #1 pick. So maybe it's good for Indiana - no decision to really make if you just take whichever one is left. And decision-making hasn't been their friend in recent times.

You’re assuming they’re not gonna reach for someone so far off the board that Reed Richards couldn’t make the stretch.

PostPosted: 12/19/21 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched a bunch of Alabama games last season to watch Jasmine Walker. Catchings did the color commentary on most of them, and she barely spoke about Walker. However, she kept raving about Jordan Lewis. Just be forewarned. Wink

PostPosted: 12/19/21 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

You’re assuming they’re not gonna reach for someone so far off the board that Reed Richards couldn’t make the stretch.

As a long time Marvel Comics reader thanks for that reference. 💜😂

PostPosted: 12/19/21 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I watched a bunch of Alabama games last season to watch Jasmine Walker. Catchings did the color commentary on most of them, and she barely spoke about Walker. However, she kept raving about Jordan Lewis. Just be forewarned. Wink

Are you saying catchings looks for engines versus talent ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 12/20/21 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever should have gotten the #1 pick, the lottery needs the draft to go from worst on up. Washington Has pretty much gotten 2 #1 picks in Tina and Elena now they get another. Sorry Fever fans y’all deserved better.

PostPosted: 12/20/21 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not getting all the love for Howard, who's a talented headcase. Someone who puts her hands on her hips and glares at her teammates when something goes wrong is not someone I'd want on my team. Nikki Fargas flat-out called her lazy on a recent broadcast, which isn't exactly a revelation, but it was the first time I'd heard an announcer say it in the middle of a nationally televised game. Not exactly the type of player I'd expect Catchings to draft either, regardless of the lottery order.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/20/21 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Although, how much of Howard’s downsides is 100% her own self/personality vs. the way she’s been coached throughout her time at Kentucky?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/20/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Although, how much of Howard’s downsides is 100% her own self/personality vs. the way she’s been coached throughout her time at Kentucky?

I've wondered this. I see her as the type of player who will show a bit more intrinsic motivation once she gets to the W. I admit that might be too optimistic -- time will tell.

PostPosted: 12/20/21 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'm not getting all the love for Howard, who's a talented headcase. Someone who puts her hands on her hips and glares at her teammates when something goes wrong is not someone I'd want on my team. Nikki Fargas flat-out called her lazy on a recent broadcast, which isn't exactly a revelation, but it was the first time I'd heard an announcer say it in the middle of a nationally televised game. Not exactly the type of player I'd expect Catchings to draft either, regardless of the lottery order.

That's not actually what Fargas said. Nikki explained that she was using the word "lazy" in a positive way. Fargas meant that Howard makes things look effortless. Not saying I agree or disagree. Just clarifying that Fargas was not bashing Howard.

PostPosted: 12/20/21 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

That's not actually what Fargas said. Nikki explained that she was using the word "lazy" in a positive way. Fargas meant that Howard makes things look effortless. Not saying I agree or disagree. Just clarifying that Fargas was not bashing Howard.

I thought that was hurried back-pedaling, but if I was wrong, I stand corrected.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/20/21 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
root_thing wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

I thought that was hurried back-pedaling, but if I was wrong, I stand corrected.

Did you deliberately leave out the part about her describing Candace Parker in the same way?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VLaU4k7a1Dg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GEF34

PostPosted: 12/20/21 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
root_thing wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

If the video Shades posted is the comments your referring to, I don't see how that could be back-pedaling when she starts out with say she is "LT".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: