RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/08/21 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Alyza Winston, 5’7 JR Guard for Michigan State, is in the portal. 2nd leading scorer on the team at 12.2 ppg.

I was really surprised by this.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/08/21 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
He usually just puts transfers out on that list. On the transfer out notice, he puts the new school if it has been announced. But this is the time when players are going to transfer midyear, because the semester has just ended. They can try to get a waiver, or they can start at their new school now and be ready to play next year.

I think he's trying out a new format this year. Conveniently, there's a player transferring from Miami to Mercer, which currently puts her two entries next to each other for an easy comparison. https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-transfers-d-i-2021-22/3/ at the moment.

(I mean, I'm a spreadsheeter at heart so I would simply have made it a table with the player's name, her old school, her new destination/post-basketball destiny, maybe put a separate column for division, and made them all sortable, but that's just me. I love and appreciate what Raoul does.)

PostPosted: 12/08/21 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s good to know, because I would struggle looking through trying to find that information about transfers in before. I agree with you, I am a spreadsheet person as well.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/09/21 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
Jessika Carter (Mississippi State) announced she is taking time away from basketball.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2021/10/28/jessika-carter-mississippi-state-womens-basketball-arrest/6181879001/

Best of luck getting her shit together. She’s probably at a time and place in her life where she can access support systems to help her figure things out.

Jessika recently posted about her two serious suicide attempts. I hope she has all the help she needs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXNFzDfr_1u/?utm_medium=copy_link
https://twitter.com/Theo_DeRosa/status/1468406667004067840

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 12/09/21 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Princeton's Abby Meyers and her 18 ppg are in the portal. Shocked

PostPosted: 12/09/21 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

I think she'll be a grad transfer. Not that it matters with the new transfer rules. Wonder if North Carolina will be in the mix.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/10/21 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

I saw her in the FGCU game, where she certainly was Princeton's premier player, so it can't be about riding the bench. She's certainly aware of what prestige her degree will carry with it....most curious.

PostPosted: 12/10/21 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lola Bunny's blog reports that UConn's offense and defense surreptitiously transferred to Vanderbilt along with Shea Ralph. So far, only the defense has matriculated.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/10/21 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

I saw her in the FGCU game, where she certainly was Princeton's premier player, so it can't be about riding the bench. She's certainly aware of what prestige her degree will carry with it....most curious.

She had to take a year off from Princeton due to an "academic violation" and when she came back Banghart was gone and Berube was the HC. She's only been enrolled there 2 1/2 years now even though she's listed as a senior, so I doubt she's leaving with a Princeton degree. Lots of turmoil for her. Hopefully her next school will be a better fit.

Durantula

PostPosted: 12/10/21 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Howee wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

She had to take a year off from Princeton due to an "academic violation" and when she came back Banghart was gone and Berube was the HC. She's only been enrolled there 2 1/2 years now even though she's listed as a senior, so I doubt she's leaving with a Princeton degree. Lots of turmoil for her. Hopefully her next school will be a better fit.

I would imagine the year she left Princeton that she took her gen eds at a community college or something, classes that were transferable. I would think she is leaving with her degree but also even if she wanted to stay I don't think the Ivy League allows post graduates? Isn't that why for the past year plus now a lot more Ivy grads have transferred out of the conference to use their remaining year of eligibility afforded by COVID. Who would spend 3 years at Princeton and leave without a degree? It would be foolish. Athletes are taking summer classes a lot so that gives her more room for completion too

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/10/21 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Howee wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

I would imagine the year she left Princeton that she took her gen eds at a community college or something, classes that were transferable. I would think she is leaving with her degree but also even if she wanted to stay I don't think the Ivy League allows post graduates? Isn't that why for the past year plus now a lot more Ivy grads have transferred out of the conference to use their remaining year of eligibility afforded by COVID. Who would spend 3 years at Princeton and leave without a degree? It would be foolish. Athletes are taking summer classes a lot so that gives her more room for completion too

I can't find it now but she wrote something about working and traveling during that year, and how she had issues rehabbing from a knee injury while she was traveling. Princeton cancelled its season last year due to the pandemic, so she's actually missed nearly 2 1/2 years of playing ball due to the suspension, season cancellation, and knee injury.

The Ivy League doesn't allow redshirts or grad student to play athletics, but they granted a special COVID exemption this year for last year's seniors to play this season.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30881880/ivy-league-allowing-one-waiver-grad-students-play-2021-22-due-pandemic

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/11/21 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Myers is currently playing in the Princeton/Seton Hall game. Is it possible she's finishing this season with Princeton, getting her bachelor's in the spring, then hoping to play as a grad transfer next year at a new school? It could be she announced it now just to get her name out there earlier than the rest of the crowd. (PG4ever, is that what you were speculating earlier?)

PostPosted: 12/11/21 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Myers is currently playing in the Princeton/Seton Hall game. Is it possible she's finishing this season with Princeton, getting her bachelor's in the spring, then hoping to play as a grad transfer next year at a new school? It could be she announced it now just to get her name out there earlier than the rest of the crowd. (PG4ever, is that what you were speculating earlier?)

This seems like the most reasonable explaination. Jalyn Bush anounced she was transferrring to California from Harvard last season before the Ivy season was cancelled, but she was still with the team. I didn't realize post-grads aren't eligible...does that mean that everyone who is not a 5th year senior or a true freshman will be forced to transfer to fulfill thier eligibility? Because if so, that's at least the league's entire Top 10 in scoring. That's a lot of self-imposed loss of talent.

PostPosted: 12/11/21 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is anyone aware if Delaware has put out a statement on the extent of Jasmine Dickey's injury? I want her to be healthy for her own sake of course, but she is also on my fantasy team. Sad

PostPosted: 12/11/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Nyara Sabally and Endyia Rogers may be back soon for Oregon. Rogers, sooner than Sabally.

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/basketball/graves-provides-injury-updates-ahead-of-home-stand

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/11/21 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

From what I understand, being in the transfer portal doesn't automatically mean you are finished with your currently school, it just allows you to talk to other schools. In most cases when someone enters the portal they are done with their current school and there has been a parting of ways, but it seems like in this case and has been with a few other grad transfers I believe, they are entering to open up their options and seeing what's available with their blessing of their current coach who is allowing them to do both.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 12/12/21 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

No. I was just assuming she'd be a grad transfer because she's leaving Princeton and it's mid-year. If I'm leaving Princeton mid-year, it's because I'm taking that degree with me. Seems strange to me that she'd announce this early just to get her name out there for next year, but you might be right.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 12/12/21 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

No. I was just assuming she'd be a grad transfer because she's leaving Princeton and it's mid-year. If I'm leaving Princeton mid-year, it's because I'm taking that degree with me. Seems strange to me that she'd announce this early just to get her name out there for next year, but you might be right.

The One-Time Transfer doesn't apply to mid-season transfers (right? RIGHT?!?!?), so there would be no reason to leave Princeton mid-year unless she just doesn't want to play anywhere for the rest of the season and have a fresh start at a new school next year? If I'm wrong about that than, well, shit, there's really no regulation on this is there?

PostPosted: 12/13/21 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mir McLean in the portal from UCONN…..

PostPosted: 12/13/21 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Completely understand why she would do this because she gets no playing time, but what a shame from a fan point of view.

UConn has now lost a top 25 soph (McLean) and a top 25 frosh (Saylor Poffenbarger) primarily, one can assume, because they never got any playing time from Geno. Yet, both players may be needed the next two seasons after UConn loses several top starters/rotation players to graduation and if (unfortunately) the four currently injured starters/rotation players don't recover to pre-injury form.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/13/21 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Completely understand why she would do this because she gets no playing time, but what a shame from a fan point of view.

UConn has now lost a top 25 soph (McLean) and a top 25 frosh (Saylor Poffenbarger) primarily, one can assume, because they never got any playing time from Geno. Yet, both players may be needed the next two seasons after UConn loses several top starters/rotation players to graduation and if (unfortunately) the four currently injured starters/rotation players don't recover to pre-injury form.

Forget about future seasons, she's needed now considering she is currently about 8th on the depth chart among uninjured players. I know Geno uses a tight rotation but he's running out of spare bodies in case, god forbid, someone else goes down.

PostPosted: 12/13/21 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rumor has it she had a hard time remembering plays which kept her from seeing the court….Sounds possibly true bc she had the talent above most on the current UCONN squad . I kept waiting for her to be the next swin cash then boom she’s benched forever.

PostPosted: 12/13/21 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rumor has it she had a hard time remembering plays which kept her from seeing the court…

That seems like it would be a bit of a problem, yes.

PostPosted: 12/13/21 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rumor has it she had a hard time remembering plays which kept her from seeing the court…

That seems like it would be a bit of a problem, yes.

Well then find a teacher who works with people with learning disabilities or a psychologist, or someone else who can work with her on memorization or visualization techniques or whatever it takes.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 12/14/21 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder if Vandy is one of McLean's possible destinations, whether there would be mutual interest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 7 of 34

Jump to: