RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SARS Coronavirus 2 vaccine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/12/21 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/covid-vaccine-mandates-push-holdouts-get-shot-detox-rcna4859

Quote:
Then, she recommends adding in one cup of borax, a cleaning agent that’s been banned as a food additive by the Food and Drug Administration, to “take nanotechnologies out of you.”

PostPosted: 11/19/21 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a practicing doctor (ER and out of the hospital) and a PhD biologist talking about the vaccines but they get into some long haul stuff. I think they both mention blood clots in people under 50, the doctor has seen them in some of his patients. The biologist talks about a large UK study that had a brain scan in it. They did the initial scans before the pandemic. Then they came back during the pandemic and re-scanned and they noticed some negative things in the "grey matter" among people who had been infected, particularly in the area that deals with smell and taste. One of the long haul symptoms is referred to as "brain fog".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pp-nPZETLTo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/19/21 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
This is a practicing doctor (ER and out of the hospital) and a PhD biologist talking about the vaccines but they get into some long haul stuff. I think they both mention blood clots in people under 50, the doctor has seen them in some of his patients. The biologist talks about a large UK study that had a brain scan in it. They did the initial scans before the pandemic. Then they came back during the pandemic and re-scanned and they noticed some negative things in the "grey matter" among people who had been infected, particularly in the area that deals with smell and taste. One of the long haul symptoms is referred to as "brain fog".

I posted a link to an NPR article about long COVID in the pandemic thread.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/04/21 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got a booster shot today! Happy.

PostPosted: 12/05/21 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Congratulations!!!!

Hopefully you have no side effects and it protects you as it should!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/05/21 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Congratulations!!!!

Hopefully you have no side effects and it protects you as it should!

Thank you! Nothing other than some mild arm soreness, slight fatigue, and a headache this morning -- on par with the last doses. I'm lucky.

PostPosted: 12/06/21 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good on you, u-post!

Over a year and a half into this, I'm facing a puzzling situation. Like many of us, March '20 was a time of high anxiety as we shut down, and feared the potential outcomes. I know my husband and I decided that we should leave vital secret things (account passwords, etc.) in a sealed envelope. The very real possibility that one of us could end up in the hospital, with the other one unable to visit, and the sick one being unconscious, etc., loomed on the horizon.

Weeks. Months....even a year passed before I *knew* anybody directly affected by Covid. Now, a year and 9 months later, everybody around us, it seems, has it or their loved one does, etc. To say we have become a little bit desensitized to it all is an understatement.

I think my hubby may have it. Multiple people in his office have come down with it, been out sick, etc. Most of them, like us, have been fully vaccinated (3 jabs, total). Friday, he came home complaining of a sore throat. The whole weekend he spent in bed, for the most part. Coughing, hacking, etc. No fever at any point. I sez, "You wanna go to urgent care and get tested?". He sez, "Why? My symptoms are bearable." I call my Dr. Office Saturday morning - I asked what they recommended in the way of protocol when one *thinks* they might have Covid. They said to visit urgent care or see them Monday morning, but didn't convey any sense of urgency, especially since there were no severe symptoms.

I'm puzzled....what should *I* do? I don't wear a mask in the house, and I've felt no symptoms. Can I be contagious to others, even if I'm asymptomatic and vaxxed? After all this time, and all the protocols offered for this version or that iteration.....I don't know what the best thing to do might be.

PostPosted: 12/06/21 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, you could be a carrier of the virus and pass it to others.

Per the CDC...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/care-for-someone.html

Your doctor's office should be able to give you info, and most areas have some sort of an information line you can call.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/06/21 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh Howee! Wishing you and your husband strength and health. <3 <3

PostPosted: 12/06/21 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee, tell your husband to stop being an idiot, and both of you get tested. You can buy them at the drugstore these days. (The tests, not the husband. Although my local Rite Aid sells an alternative, apparently...)

(now with spelling variations)
Howee

PostPosted: 12/06/21 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, Froz, and the kind wishes, u_p.

Queenie wrote:
Howee, tell your husband to stop being an idiot, and both of you get tested. You can buy them at the drugstore these days. (The tests, not the husband. Although my local Rite Aid sells an alternative, apparently...)

I dunno....I've seen some good *husband material* at the odd drug store, here 'n there. Laughing Razz
I told him he's being just like the "dumb" Trumpers he always rants about, who thumbed their nose at protocols. He went to work today, driving people to appointments, etc. He vows he kept his distance and mask in place. Rolling Eyes

He says some co-workers have confided in HIM they've tested positive, but not the boss....What?? Like you oughtta be ashamed and secretive, and hide it?? He is seeing his doc on Wed....maybe he'll set him straight.

PostPosted: 12/07/21 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even with a mask, the confined spaces of a car or van are going to expose other people to the virus. If he's only been sick for 3 days, he's still contagious. You both need to get tested asap.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/07/21 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NBA players that want to play in Canada will need to be fully vaccinated by 1/15/2022. It the player has a medical contraindication keeping them from getting the vaccine, they have to quarantine IN CANADA for 14 days.

Possibly not a big deal during the season for a player to stay home (other than pissing off your teammates), but it could get interesting come playoff time. I don't follow the NBA, so I have no idea if Toronto is playoff material or not. I'm thinking that if the star player on my team doesn't get to play a game 7 in Canada because he is not fully vaccinated, I'm gonna be PISSED!!!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2021/12/07/unvaccinated-nba-players-wont-allowed-travel-canada/6419758001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/08/21 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least Pfizer's preliminary results vs omicron are hopeful.

Quote:
Preliminary laboratory studies demonstrate that three doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine neutralize the Omicron variant (B.1.1.529 lineage) while two doses show significantly reduced neutralization titers.

Data indicate that a third dose of BNT162b2 increases the neutralizing antibody titers by 25-fold compared to two doses against the Omicron variant; titers after the booster dose are comparable to titers observed after two doses against the wild-type virus which are associated with high levels of protection.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-provide-update-omicron-variant

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 12/09/21 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Over a year and a half into this, I'm facing a puzzling situation.

Weeks. Months....even a year passed before I *knew* anybody directly affected by Covid. Now, a year and 9 months later, everybody around us, it seems, has it or their loved one does, etc.

I call my Dr. Office Saturday morning - I asked what they recommended in the way of protocol when one *thinks* they might have Covid. They said to visit urgent care or see them Monday morning, but didn't convey any sense of urgency, especially since there were no severe symptoms.

I'm puzzled....what should *I* do?

Thank you, Howee, for the honest sharing of the confusion that I think is a co-pandemic to the actual virus. I think, once COVID truly touches you, the flaws in our approach that result in such confusion become painfully clear. Thus I have many answers to the questions of how our public health response to the pandemic could and should have been different and better. I'll save that for some other time though.

There is no question that COVID, obviously DELTA, is rampaging in Pennsylvania. It was always questionable how much of the population there was actually vaccinated and mrs. jammer was back there in October and said that there is very little mask wearing. My sister said she never sees anyone wearing masks. And, as I said in the other thread about COVID 2021-22, even people who got vaccinated in the early part of last year have effectively lost so much of their immunity from the vaccine as to be at great risk of becoming very ill. And, I know this group may be boosted, but a LOT of people have not gotten a booster shot and are hesitant to do so.

So I need to share and I thank my lucky stars for this place and you all. You don't have to respond. I know I'm being heard by friends and that's enough. I can't share too much with my own sister because at this point in her life she can't really handle a lot and, her son, my closest nephew, just started a job a few months ago, has really got his head on straight now it seems, and this has the potential to throw him off the rails. This isn't something I can really share with people on the ground in my life either. It's just too much and would create too much of a response at a time when we're just trying to survive this and help others make good decisions so that they can survive it.

Like you, Howee, we basically knew no one, other than a co-worker of mrs jammer who had even had COVID and she quickly recovered. Until now.

So mrs jammer is one of eight siblings, four girls and four boys. About three weeks ago her youngest brother, a professor in the English Dept at Robert Morris, had some stomach issues for about five days we think. He lives with two other brothers in Aliquippa and another brother lives with the oldest sister across town. Suddenly all of them have colds and maybe and maybe some fever. Then it just escalates.

No one is vaccinated and many mistakes are made. Howee, you said you're a PhD and we know that you are as informed as any of us about COVID and what to do, etc. So take your confusion and drop it deep into the working class mindset. The area where my home town is is one of the most unsophisticated and unworldly places in this country. They're going to think all the wrong things, do everything wrong, and stubbornly resist any good advice you give them.

So it's a catastrophe in this family. Although mrs jammer is painfully aware and impacted by her many siblings' shortcomings, she loves them very very strongly, like an addiction. She has gone home 2-3 times a year every year she's been in California. So, coming at this age for us, mid-60s, this has every potential to ruin or destroy the rest of her life and mine as well.

So her brother Jay died a week ago today. Pulmonary embolism. Essentially the blood clots caused by COVID. Her other three brothers are in the hospital. Finally. Her youngest brother, the teacher, cyclist, super-fit, perfectly healthy just weeks ago, has had a 'large' stroke, can't speak, paralyzed on the right side and he doesn't appear at this time to mentally aware of much.

Next youngest brother has COVID pneumonia and sounds absolutely horrible. His vitals are all pretty good but, listening to him, it's very hard to imagine him coming through this. And the oldest brother, a Vietnam vet, is actually faring the best so far. Still loads of attitude. He's in the VA hospital.

Oldest sister is at home alone. Very hard to determine her status. Kind of nuts. If she wasn't so crazy she would have called 911 and it is very likely IMO that Jay would still be alive. None of these people have family doctors or doctors at all other than the vet who sees VA doctors once in a while.

And now, mrs jammer's younger sister, and HER husband, who live about 20 miles from Aliquippa, have tested positive.

Quote:
FrozenLVFan: Even with a mask, the confined spaces of a car or van are going to expose other people to the virus. If he's only been sick for 3 days, he's still contagious. You both need to get tested asap.

And this comes back to one of the biggest of the many mistakes that have been made by confused people totally not up to the challenges of this disease combined with their own... shortcomings like know-it-all stubbornness, etc. There was a real hesitancy to call 911 in both households. That has no doubt been a devastating and deadly mistake. I told her sister and her husband do NOT go in that house, do NOT transport the boys to the hospital yourselves. I told them to call 911 and watch the ambulance drive away and then go straight home.

But they didn't listen to me and now they have COVID. Unvaccinated. And she is, out of the whole family, the only one with pre-existing conditions that rise to the level of being called co-morbidities.

So they drove the two younger brothers to the ER where after about seven or so hours they were sent home with a positive COVID diagnosis and apparently, at that time, vitals that did not indicate a need to be admitted. That is a notoriously shitty hospital and being sent home, as sick as they both were, only added to the hesitancy of the family to call 911 throughout the next critical days.

A full week later they finally did call 911 and three ambulances transported the three surviving brothers to three different hospitals. Thankfully none were sent to the hospital that had initially turned them away.

Now six of the eight siblings are either sick with or, in one case, has passed away, due to complications of the coronavirus. Only mrs jammer and her sister in Florida are, so far, not infected.

When I was 17 there was a tragedy in my family. It's the kind of family tragedy that probably only happens once in someone's life and certainly not at all to most families. But you think that sort of thing is behind you. But this is that tragedy multiplied. Even my sister, who doesn't know the half of it, says it's worse. Because of how many there are. Because of the incredible mistakes that are STILL being made. And because it is happening in slow motion... and there is this awareness that it will continue to be such an ongoing, slow-moving, tragedy.

It doesn't seem like people in Aliquippa are aware of how COVID is sitting down in their neck of the woods and what kind of a threat it is there. I think people everywhere are over it, and was assuming, as everyone was from Biden to Bill Maher, that we were done with this thing. Aliquippa plays for the state championship today. I know there was probably a caravan of busses heading up to Hershey.

I just don't know guys.

PostPosted: 12/09/21 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am so, so sorry to hear what your family is going through. There are just no words for this, but I will send positive thoughts your way.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/09/21 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

COVID seems like something that isn't going away anytime soon for various reasons. Most recently my Grandmother (vaccinated and boosted), has been in the hospital with COVID since early November with a lingering fever and fatigue.

My close friend and coworker has been hospitalized since September. He got COVID last summer and was out of work for 6 weeks. After getting both shots of the vaccine, he was once again out of work, this time for two months. He got COVID again in September and I've barely heard from him. Granted, his health wasn't great before COVID, but still worrisome.

Another coworker has been out of work now for a second week after getting boosted. The worst has been my best friend's fiance who got Bell's Palsy after receiving the first vaccination. His progress has been very slow in recovery but at least he's able to function now.

I can see the hesitation in getting the vaccine even more now considering the fact that it does appear to slowly fade in it's protection. And now there's the possibility of needing a fourth shot by the Spring.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Howee

PostPosted: 12/09/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good lord, jammer....that's one of the most hellacious stories I've heard, in regard to a family being so utterly ravaged.

I know, as toad stated, there are flaws and defects within the vaccine that are unavoidable....but they're NOT a universal experience. I know many vaccinated people, and not one has told me of any ill effects.

WHY, in the name of all that is precious, do people in this category (jammer's family, et. al.) have to die because of superstitions their gottdam political leaders cultivated????

May there be hope for your surviving inlaws, and I certainly wish you both a full measure of consolation and positive energies.

jammerbirdi wrote:
Howee, you said you're a PhD and we know that you are as informed as any of us about COVID and what to do, etc.
(Ummm, ya....I never said that, cuz....I'm NOT. Razz Laughing )

PostPosted: 12/12/21 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

....I forgot to post the end result of my initial concern: my husband's covid test returned a negative result. Yay!

Jammer, I/we might all be interested to learn how your in-laws are faring, if there's any change in their health status.

PostPosted: 12/12/21 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I am so, so sorry to hear what your family is going through. There are just no words for this, but I will send positive thoughts your way.

Thank you, Frozen. It's truly like a biblical punishment. I can't say more on that but I'd like to. Just thank you.

PostPosted: 12/12/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
....I forgot to post the end result of my initial concern: my husband's covid test returned a negative result. Yay!

Jammer, I/we might all be interested to learn how your in-laws are faring, if there's any change in their health status.

Happy for the negative covid test. I've been feeling viral and testing but it's all negative. Got my Pfizer shot last Thursday. We'd been dragging our feet.

Um. You mentioned no one you know having ill effects from the vaccine. Well, you know me. But I guess I only shared this with Luuuc on DMs but that J&J... I had a very bad time after that shot. ER twice. Thought I was going to die. Bullet proof before it digestively and now bulletproof again. But starting about ten days after that shot and continuing for probably three months or so, I thought I was done for. Long story. It's over. I just don't think that shot was for me. So far now after the Pfizer I feel great.

Wow. What can I say to answer your question?

So the youngest (I'll use the family nicknames) Nane, the Robert Morris professor with the large stroke. So the stroke is basically the lesser of the problems now. The COVID is the real issue now. They were having to up his oxygen and are giving him almost too much, 60 liters per minute of 100% pure oxygen. So we got a phone call asking us to prepare to make a decision as to whether to ventilate him should his oxygen needs continue to escalate.

Going on a ventilator with COVID because of a sky high need for oxygen is... well I think we all know what is so often the outcome of that. But with a large stroke? The doctor we spoke with was gently spoonfeeding us reality in between the lines. So we had to make a tough decision there and Nane is probably not going to make it.

The other two brothers. They may be coming home. IDK. That's a scary thought because there's no one to take care of them but when you consider the alternative? Being sent home, as I'm continually reminding everyone, indicates that they are at least not so ill with COVID that they are at risk of imminent death. So we should be happy about that.

The younger sister and her husband who didn't listen to me when I told them both not to go into the house with the boys and not to transport them themselves to the hospital? She's in the hospital herself now. Had to be transported when her son found her "unresponsive" in the bathroom. And that happened very fast once she became symptomatic. Bam. And her husband is good and sick at home. Couldn't even follow his wife to the hospital. I can't imagine that. How horrible. Oh, and their 27 year old son is now also sick.

So that's now eight sick with one fatality so far and another just a matter of time.

You all know how I am always telling everyone what they should do. So I had no input in Jay's situation and nothing I said or was saying would have had any impact on him dying.

But all of the rest? I was telling EVERYONE what to do every step of the way. EVERYTHING. And I still am. Had they just listened to me, the boys would have been transported by ambulance ONE WEEK before they eventually were. And no doubt all three of them. So they would have gotten better treatment, the oldest, at 72, the Vietnam vet, would have gotten monoclonal antibodies a week ago. The boys would have been better monitored and likely given some therapeutics like remdesivir and steroids.

OH... they caught a pulmonary embolism in the oldest brother *in time* at the VA hospital and put him on a heparin drip which probably saved his life.

But if Nane was in the hospital a week before he finally got admitted they might have caught the blood clot that gave him the stroke. You know?

The oldest sister seems to be getting past it. (You better believe I'm typing shit and deleting it as fast as I'm typing it.)

I'm trashed. I can't say a lot of what I'm thinking. Families are dangerous. I chose to spend my life with mrs. jammer. Her family not so much. But let's just take the younger boys. I think 60 and 61? I've known them since they were 13 and 14. So no matter whether I like people or dislike them, they ARE family to me as well. And I am pretty much shocked at how this is hitting me. It's home, it's family.

So this is epic and that's certainly not lost on us. You know? Last year at this time here in LA we were getting these kinds of stories on the news about entire families being laid low by COVID. This is one of them but God forbid that it would ever get to the news.

People aren't very smart. And they're bullheaded. And then they pay a very very steep price for being who they are. Don't drive them to the hospital. Call 911. Now you're in the hospital yourself and your son is sick with COVID. I mean, I've been saying, "If people had just listened to me..." my whole life. But it is unchartered territory to know that people are sick and dying because they didn't listen to me. And to see and to know the damage this is having on mrs jammer. It puts your brain into like a fog. Like a natural defense mechanism.

I wrote a short elegant OBIT for Jay, it was just perfect, sent it along and what ended up in the paper is an absolute atrocity. The sister and her husband dicked around with it, then ASKED the Aliquippa funeral home to "tweak it" and then that fucking moronic newspaper publishes it with the most obvious errors imaginable.

Anyway. Thank you for asking, Howee. I hope you don't regret it. This is very slow moving once people get to the hospitalization stage. I'll keep you guys posted when something changes.

PostPosted: 12/12/21 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jammer, sorry to hear what is going on with your family. I can't imagine the difficulty that you're experiencing.

DivaORcat16

PostPosted: 12/12/21 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am also sorry to hear of you and your extended family's situation. Positive thoughts for you, and hope things improve swiftly.

On a personal note, my son had COVID recently in October. Late 20's, healthy otherwise, unvaccinated, had it like a living hell for a week. Was off work for a couple of weeks. He got tested, no contact tracing, no follow-up calls, no paperwork sent with test results. They told him at the clinic he tested positive. The Delta variant was rampant in our county at the time. His employer was more worried about him coming back to work than if he was well. He thinks he was exposed at work. Almost entire staff was fully vaccinated and masks were required at all times in building. Multiple co-workers complaining of headaches and not feeling well days before. NO ONE was told to get tested or stay home. He's just now getting some taste and smell back.

My daughter and her boyfriend in Bay area of California both were slightly sick for a few days around same time as son and us, both tested positive. Both unvaccinated, mid-20's and healthy otherwise. Also both just getting taste and smell back.

Husband and I, slight head pressure, loss of balance for us both same time as son. I thought it was just a ocular migraine coming on or allergies- very mild. Just a slight wooly head feel for a few days, no other symptoms. Both unvaccinated with multiple comorbidities each.

81 year old father had lunch with us and our son day before son started getting sick. Dad had same symptoms as us. Didn't slow him down at all. Vaccinated with booster.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 12/13/21 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you, Ref and Diva. Best of health to you and everyone here.

Very good day of news. The two brothers who are faring the best continue to do well. Neither are on any oxygen at all. I think for any who was as sick as they were and now this far into COVID to be off oxygen means their odds are very very good.

Just got off the phone with Nane’s nurse and he says that Nane is doing pretty good. Supplemental oxygen level being govern is still where it was but it’s not getting worse and they’re actually going to be reducing it.

So it’s all good. I don’t have any information on the sister, I’m assuming she’s still in the hospital but her husband was able to get down to Aliquippa and feed the cats.

PostPosted: 12/13/21 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
....but her husband was able to get down to Aliquippa and feed the cats.

What has become of the eldest sister?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: