RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 North Carolina St @ #6 Indiana - 12/02/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/02/21 1:49 am    ::: #2 North Carolina St @ #6 Indiana - 12/02/21 Reply Reply with quote

Bloomington, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Debbie Antonelli, Angel Gray)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/52492e18-da04-4959-b6b9-3a143555d6ef (tvpli)

Audio:
https://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/listen/player.asp?station=whcc_fm

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=374367

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/02/21 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
singinerd54

PostPosted: 12/02/21 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN and ESPN2 have women's games on, at the same primetime slot, featuring four Top 12, and through one quarter, they're averaging 11 points each Sad These are opportunities missed for attracting new fans.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/02/21 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
ESPN and ESPN2 have women's games on, at the same primetime slot, featuring four Top 12, and through one quarter, they're averaging 11 points each Sad These are opportunities missed for attracting new fans.

I pray new fans aren’t watching these two games right now. Bad basketball on both channels . These teams look very tired a lot of bricks and turnovers so far tbh.

PostPosted: 12/02/21 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, goodie, we got 24 points combined in second quarter!! Maybe there's hope for someone getting to 50! Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 12/02/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

38-34 NCSU end of third

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/02/21 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The talent gap between womens college basketball and the WNBA has become light years in width. Yet the college game has better viewership hmmmm….time to tap into this market Kathy 👀

PostPosted: 12/02/21 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana does not have a single player that can create their own shot effectively meaning not throwing up a prayer. Berger is their closest and she’s not that efficient being a shooter. I would not pick this team as a title contender regardless of the ranking . More of a best option to be upset in the tourney . NC state likes these dog fights without offense and tough defense . Kind of resembling South Carolina Circa Alysa Jenkins and Tiffany Mitchell .

PostPosted: 12/02/21 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The talent gap between womens college basketball and the WNBA has become light years in width. Yet the college game has better viewership hmmmm….time to tap into this market Kathy 👀

A lot of college WBB fan support comes from fans of the school, carried over from football or other sports or general loyalty to an Alma Mater or "State U" or a conference. WNBA doesn't have that. Plus college WBB is at least played during basketball season. Rolling Eyes

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/02/21 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

++++++++1.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/02/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

A lot of college WBB fan support comes from fans of the school, carried over from football or other sports or general loyalty to an Alma Mater or "State U" or a conference. WNBA doesn't have that. Plus college WBB is at least played during basketball season. Rolling Eyes

I will agree with the first point, but for me, at least, the second point is actually a mark in the WNBA's favor. There's less competition for my eyeballs in the summer. But I've said before that my experience as a basketball fan is completely ass-backwards, as I started as a WNBA fan and got into WCBB to deal with the long cold offseason.

PostPosted: 12/02/21 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I will agree with the first point, but for me, at least, the second point is actually a mark in the WNBA's favor. There's less competition for my eyeballs in the summer. But I've said before that my experience as a basketball fan is completely ass-backwards, as I started as a WNBA fan and got into WCBB to deal with the long cold offseason.

+1

PostPosted: 12/02/21 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that depends quite a bit on where you live. No one up here is going to spend Sun afternoon watching the WNBA during one of the few months of the year when you can go outside without getting frostbite.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/02/21 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I think that depends quite a bit on where you live. No one up here is going to spend Sun afternoon watching the WNBA during one of the few months of the year when you can go outside without getting frostbite.

Hmm never thought of this tbh . I live in Texas and I’m guessing your up north ? So maybe that’s something they should
Consider when scheduling seriously. Down south Sunday funday to my family means dallas wings and wings and shots after the game Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad Laughing

PostPosted: 12/02/21 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

++++++++1.

Stormeoooo ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Tbh my vision has changed on WCBB instead of having favorite teams I watch favorite players who have W potential. That’s what I follow versus a team bc there’s not one team in WCBB that will have Starting 5 of WNBA players THAT LAST more than 5 years in the league and you know this Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool

PostPosted: 12/02/21 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
But I've said before that my experience as a basketball fan is completely ass-backwards, as I started as a WNBA fan and got into WCBB to deal with the long cold offseason.

Same! Though strangely I didn't even think of wcbb until nearly a decade after Little Ole Me started following the Storm – then it dawned on me one day that the local university that I always rooted for had a wcbb team. Embarassed As an aside for further context: When I started watching the (West Coast) Huskies, they were only just entering the Kevin McGuff mini-era, so I had never known them to be a terrible team – until 2017. And after those first few years of highs, I'm realizing I'm still sort of navigating how to follow wcbb in general with my one team experiencing so many lows. (And no, I'm not gonna start following more than one wcbb team and risk having to tirelessly keep up more spreadsheet pages as you Queenie have previously expressed. Razz )

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tbh my vision has changed on WCBB instead of having favorite teams I watch favorite players who have W potential.

Same again!! My interest in watching wcbb teams is really low this year, because the one team I root for still sucks donkey @ss, and there's only so much else I can get excited about regarding other teams that are good every year but that I'll never become a fan of. 🙃

WNBA 09 wrote:
That’s what I follow versus a team bc there’s not one team in WCBB that will have Starting 5 of WNBA players THAT LAST more than 5 years in the league and you know this Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool

...+1. I can immediately recall how poorly the UConn Stewart-Jefferson-Tuck Top-3 trio of 2016 aged, mostly with the latter two career-wise but really all three of them as it strictly relates to injuries. Confused

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/02/21 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back to this original topic: NC State seems to have several players I can imagine getting drafted into the W this year and maybe even doing well, but because they're so balanced & do everything by committee, no one's putting up big numbers to really get excited about. Confused Maybe Cunane, but even then. Obviously it suits them considering how big-time the Wolfpack have been in recent years, but it's sorta frustrating for us prospect watchers looking for 'hidden standouts' (oxymoron alert Laughing ) and wanting to see individual players be put in a position where they have to take over a game in order to win it.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/03/21 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Queenie wrote:
But I've said before that my experience as a basketball fan is completely ass-backwards, as I started as a WNBA fan and got into WCBB to deal with the long cold offseason.

Same! Though strangely I didn't even think of wcbb until nearly a decade after Little Ole Me started following the Storm – then it dawned on me one day that the local university that I always rooted for had a wcbb team. Embarassed As an aside for further context: When I started watching the (West Coast) Huskies, they were only just entering the Kevin McGuff mini-era, so I had never known them to be a terrible team – until 2017. And after those first few years of highs, I'm realizing I'm still sort of navigating how to follow wcbb in general with my one team experiencing so many lows. (And no, I'm not gonna start following more than one wcbb team and risk having to tirelessly keep up more spreadsheet pages as you Queenie have previously expressed. Razz )

To be fair, the spreadsheet is partly because my husband is a combination of a social butterfly and a former salesman, and partly the fault of Tony Bozzella's assertive (aggressive? proactive?) befriending of said husband. I mean, we never really have a day when we can't see a game... it just gets complicated when there are multiple games we want to see and suddenly we're trying to calculate an Uber from Queens to South Orange (which: don't).

PostPosted: 12/03/21 2:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Uber

Never used Uber. Is it less expensive than a taxi in a city with lots of taxis?
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/03/21 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

++++++++1.

Stormeoooo ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Tbh my vision has changed on WCBB instead of having favorite teams I watch favorite players who have W potential. That’s what I follow versus a team bc there’s not one team in WCBB that will have Starting 5 of WNBA players THAT LAST more than 5 years in the league and you know this Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool

I'm not sure I understand the point of this. There's no college football team that starts 22 future pros, either. That doesn't stop that doesn't stop it from being great, exciting football or 80,000 fans from packing stadiums across the country every Fall Saturday.

By the way, as to your "test", in 2019 the entire ND starting 5 was drafted by the NBA and is still playing, most starting (Jackie Young, Arike Ogunbowale, Marina Mabrey, Brianna Turner and Jessica Shepard), so it does happen, albeit rarely. If Shepard doesn't make 5 it will be because of injuries, not ability.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/03/21 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Uber

Never used Uber. Is it less expensive than a taxi in a city with lots of taxis?

Yes, although we didn't take the next step of figuring out what a black cab would cost to cross state lines; that might have been negotiable to something under $130, but it was at that point we determined we didn't really want to do the double-header that badly.

PostPosted: 12/03/21 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

++++++++1.

I'm not sure I understand the point of this. There's no college football team that starts 22 future pros, either. That doesn't stop that doesn't stop it from being great, exciting football or 80,000 fans from packing stadiums across the country every Fall Saturday.

By the way, as to your "test", in 2019 the entire ND starting 5 was drafted by the NBA and is still playing, most starting (Jackie Young, Arike Ogunbowale, Marina Mabrey, Brianna Turner and Jessica Shepard), so it does happen, albeit rarely. If Shepard doesn't make 5 it will be because of injuries, not ability.

Thanks its my vision appreciate the comment Cool

PostPosted: 12/03/21 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

++++++++1.

Thanks its my vision appreciate the comment Cool

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: