RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#14 Iowa St @ Louisiana St - 12/02/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/02/21 1:17 am    ::: #14 Iowa St @ Louisiana St - 12/02/21 Reply Reply with quote

Baton Rouge, LA - 9:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Courtney Lyle, Carolyn Peck)

Video stream:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=d5013264-5d7a-4092-8daf-a6e2e34d45a2 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://lsusports.net/live/

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=374768

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog

PostPosted: 12/02/21 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I recall, they picked LSU to finish 7th in the conference. I'm guessing that pissed Kim off. Poking the old Bear is never a good thing, if you're on the other side. So we'll see how her Bayou Tiger team plays tonight and whether they were categorized correctly.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/02/21 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ISU has been playing well so far but I worry their depth has become quite limited by injuries so I'm curious to see how this plays out. Freshman guard Danae Fritz, Butler transfer G/F Nyamer Diew, and Junior guard Maggie Espenmiller-McGraw (who played fantastic as a freshman but was injured most of last season) will all be unavailable tonight. Those three account for who ISU was hoping would cover ~90% the bench minutes at the 1 through 4 positions. (Though Fritz started the first few games, she appears to have been beat out by A. Joens the younger for that role.)

It's a shame because coming into the season, the biggest personnel question for ISU was what their rotation/minutes distribution at the 5 would look like. Yet now they have like four centers available:
-Kane (steady and experienced junior but won't wow anyone offensively)
-Jordao (SF transfer)
-Vick (freshman with some potential but needs time to develop)
-Zingaro (RS freshman)

But are very thin at guard:
-Joens x2, Donarski, Ryan (their four starters)
-Maddie Frederick (RS junior who hasn't ever been relied on to play significant minutes)
-Mary Kate King (freshman walk-on)

This could be a problem considering that ISU likes play a 4-out or even a 5-out at times. (I'm classifying Ashley Joens as a guard in this telling, even though they also post her up a lot.)
So my questions are:
Will the four starting guards continue to each play 38+ minutes?
Or, will Maddie Frederick see more minutes?
Or, will ISU try an offense with two true posts?

edit: For reference, here is ISU's minutes distribution for their game against UMass in the championship game of the Gulf Coast Showcase on Nov. 28:
Guards
Donarski 40min
Aub. Joens 40min
Ryan 40min
Ash. Joens 39min
Frederick 1min
--
Centers
Kane 27min
Jordao 13min

PostPosted: 12/02/21 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the information!

mred

PostPosted: 12/02/21 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

edit: For reference, here is ISU's minutes distribution for their game against UMass in the championship game of the Gulf Coast Showcase on Nov. 28:
Guards
Donarski 40min
Aub. Joens 40min
Ryan 40min
Ash. Joens 39min
Frederick 1min
--
Centers
Kane 27min
Jordao 13min

And the only reason Ashley missed a minute (more like 90 seconds) was because she picked up her second foul late in Q2 and sat the rest of the half

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/02/21 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last time I remember LSU getting this much interest and getting ESPN air time was circa Seimone And Sylvia ! Along with Pokey….it’s actually refreshing to see Kim build this story and her team . I’m sure their will be a lot of ups and downs but Kim knows how to get players. The SEC Will hate the control she has over the state of Texas next season and for the foreseeable future . It’s really Satiyah Messer and I’m sure I spelled that wrong but I know what I know!! That’s why she was brought from Baylor to LSU. She was really the MIP hire for Mulkey and once again I know what I know….without her I would not be this confident in or interested in LSU’s resurgence . Exclamation Exclamation Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: 12/02/21 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are those fluorescent butterflies?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/02/21 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Are those fluorescent butterflies?

Me hearing and seeing the stat
showing this was LSU first top 15 win since January 2021 like that’s not the year I’m living has ended my night Laughing Laughing Laughing

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: