RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pac-12 2021-2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: 11/14/21 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
What do you need talented players for when the game plan is to grab, shove, claw, and pull while the coach tries to convince the refs to stop calling fouls? And how many elite players want to play in that kind of system?

Sounds "nice!" Confused Very Happy

pilight

PostPosted: 11/15/21 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FWIW Colorado is the #1 team in RPI

PostPosted: 11/15/21 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

In the PAC or the nation? Shocked

PostPosted: 11/15/21 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

In the PAC or the nation? Shocked

In the nation!

PostPosted: 11/16/21 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Saylor Poffenbarger is in transfer portal out of UCONN. I believe she enrolled early last season played a bit and sustained injury.

!!!! Shocked

Continuing the recent tradition of some big recruits jumping ship. Any guesses on where she'll land?

someone elsewhere suggested her bf plays football for Oregon so that may or may not be a clue. It's smart of her really - she sees the writing on the wall. Let's see... do I want to warm the bench my whole career in order to have a national championship, or do I want to go somewhere I can actually play...and hopefully still have at least a shot at a championship? I really wonder how anyone who is not a top 10 recruit ever bothers to go to UConn.

Although I don't necessarily see an easy path to playing time for Poffenbarger if she were to land at Oregon either. Her direct competition would be Sydney Parrish, who profiles as a similar player to Poffenbarger (6-2 tall guard), was also a highly-rated recruit, and is already starting for the Ducks. Poffenbarger may also have to compete with Oregon's highly rated recruiting class next year for minutes as well, depending on how easy their transition into college goes. Now granted: Parrish hasn't wowed thus far, and really, Poffenbarger would still have a better shot at cracking Oregon's rotation and at least get a chance at impressing than she ever got at UConn.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/16/21 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Now granted: Parrish hasn't wowed thus far, and really, Poffenbarger would still have a better shot at cracking Oregon's rotation and at least get a chance at impressing than she ever got at UConn.

No, not spectacular, but VERY solid in 2 (cupcake) games: in over 50 min on the floor, produced 7 steals and only 1 TO. Only 17 pts in that time, but she does have some 3s in her pocket. Quite decent for a sophomore, imo.

Yeah, that *dilemma* at UConn is probably more acute than anywhere else she might wanna go. I'm thinking the > #10-ranked players may harbor hope they can develop into something awesome with the extraordinary coaching....?

PostPosted: 11/20/21 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

P12 not very impressive today. Washington gave Louisville a little bit but it never really felt in danger. Missouri State made USC look like a D2 school. Neither Oregon schools looked overwhelming in their wins. Cal struggled with UCSD. Kinda ugly all around.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/21/21 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
P12 not very impressive today. Washington gave Louisville a little bit but it never really felt in danger. Missouri State made USC look like a D2 school. Neither Oregon schools looked overwhelming in their wins. Cal struggled with UCSD. Kinda ugly all around.

Counterpoints: Louisville losing to Washington would've been shocking, Missouri State is an elite mid-major program with plenty of ancient and recent Big Dance history (meanwhile, when was the last time USC was truly relevant?), Oklahoma has multiple 2022 Draft prospects on it and appears to be back on the up & up while Oregon is of course still figuring out (successfully, it appears) how to win without their injured guard talent, Oregon State still won their game by 30+, and wasn't Cal who is currently 4-0 and being led by a freshman PG supposed to be this year's last-place team again anyway?

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 11/21/21 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal's starting point guard out with an ankle injury....

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/21/21 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:

Curry, or someone else?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/22/21 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
CalwbbFan wrote:

Curry, or someone else?

CalwbbFan was referring to Leilani McIntosh, I believe. Possibly as a response to me saying that Cal is being led by a freshman PG in Jayda Curry – to which I say, teams can have more than one PG out there at a time; it doesn't have to be one designated player. At any rate, if Curry wasn't a PG before, she's one now with McIntosh out.

And ever since I replied with those counterpoints above, Oregon has now lost two straight games. Laughing They weren't gonna be favored against SoCar yesterday no matter how healthy they were coming into the matchup, but today's loss to South Florida (even if the Bulls are a great team) was a slight surprise. Fine by me – the Ducks can eternally go quack themselves!

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/22/21 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing How do you REALLY feel about the Ducks?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/22/21 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Laughing How do you REALLY feel about the Ducks?

Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing And how I REALLY feel is how I'll ALWAYS feel! Mr. Green

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/25/21 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about those Cougs! Since they have little height and no bench and now they're missing a starting big, it's kind of miraculous they can beat anybody, but here they are giving it to Miami Shocked The coach said they will play the 5'10" Charlisse at the 4. I expect NC State will beat them by 30, but hey they're showing some heart anyway.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/26/21 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rough day for the P12 with Stanford & UCLA losing

PostPosted: 12/01/21 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon State wins an uninspired game against Pacific 76-72. Teams were tied going into last quarter. Pacific outscored OSU 29-6 in fast break points and 17-0 in points off TOs. Pacific was able to inbound the ball after OSU scores and still get fast break scores. This without OSU pressing.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/01/21 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Oregon State wins an uninspired game against Pacific 76-72.

At least Oregon State won their game tonight, unlike their quacky rivals down the I-5.

Oregon & Oregon State are ultimately struggling because both teams currently are, for different reasons, missing that oh-so-crucial PG talent that can sometimes separate the good teams from the truly elite teams. Good ballhandling, decision-making, and leadership in general go a long way to winning particularly the close games.

Still, I think both teams will be fine come March. And even if they won't be, each of them will still have a boatload of talent coming their way next fall.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/01/21 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

At least Oregon State won their game tonight, unlike their quacky rivals down the I-5.

Oregon & Oregon State are ultimately struggling because both teams currently are, for different reasons, missing that oh-so-crucial PG talent that can sometimes separate the good teams from the truly elite teams. Good ballhandling, decision-making, and leadership in general go a long way to winning particularly the close games.

Still, I think both teams will be fine come March. And even if they won't be, each of them will still have a boatload of talent coming their way next fall.

Even though Oregon actually lost today, I'd rather they stay ranked than OSU. Like, at least they can point to the absence of their best players as a reason for ... underwhelming.

PostPosted: 12/01/21 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Even though Oregon actually lost today, I'd rather they stay ranked than OSU. Like, at least they can point to the absence of their best players as a reason for ... underwhelming.

There are legitimate arguments to be had for both teams dropping out of the rankings. But it's not like they can't play their way back into the rankings later on when they'll have plenty of opportunities to within their respective conference schedules.

I don't see any particular top Pac-12 team falling off a cliff here, especially considering how these teams have been recruiting recently. Even if it ends up being a down year, I'm guessing things will pick back up next season.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/01/21 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a wise observer once said: "Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
And they will. Cool

PostPosted: 12/06/21 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
As a wise observer once said: "Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
And they will. Cool

....just not YET. Razz

A drop off a cliff in the newest poll - off the Top 25, while Colorado ranks above them now. What is the (basketball) universe coming to? Shocked

PostPosted: 12/30/21 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome to Conference play in a covid year! Out of the 12 total games originally scheduled for this coming opening weekend, only two as of now are taking place on time: Cal at WSU 12/31 at 7:00p PT, and Stanford at WSU 1/2 at 12:00p PT. Colorado and Utah are the latest programs to have covid issues, in addition to UCLA, USC, and Washington.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 12/31/21 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m surprised we didn’t try to get the Arizona schools to Oregon…..

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/31/21 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
I’m surprised we didn’t try to get the Arizona schools to Oregon…..

I thought Stormeo had the right idea. Why not have the Oregon schools play each other. Ditto for the Arizonas. Get those rivalry games out of the way and open up later dates for makeups.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 12/31/21 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m just sad that I’m practically 10 minutes from the Idaho border, and I’m STILL 10 hours away driving from Pullman. Rude.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: