RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

North Carolina A&T @ #1 South Carolina - 11/29/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/29/21 3:20 pm    ::: North Carolina A&T @ #1 South Carolina - 11/29/21 Reply Reply with quote

Colonial Life Arena, Columbia, S.C. - 7:00 PM ET

TV: SECN

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=acd9c7e6-c8f8-48f9-98ac-bfc479ce6317

Audio:
https://tunein.com/radio/1075-The-Game-s21471/

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=376026

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/29/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks lead 16-10 after the 1st Quarter. Another slow start for the Gamecocks. They had 5 turnovers in the 1st Qtr., and gave up their 6th in the 1st minute of the 2nd Qtr. Sigh......

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/29/21 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once again, the Gamecocks start out a little bit slow in the 1st Qtr., then turn it all the way up to #11 on the volume knob in the 2nd Qtr. They've also had 1st halves that were a bit slow, then kicked it into gear after the halftime. But tonight they've decided to start in the 2nd period. The Gamecocks had 5 turnovers in the 1st Period, and a 6th in the first minute of the 2nd, but have had no more the rest of the way.

The Gamecocks lead 40-15 at the halftime, after out-scoring A&T 24-5 in the 2nd period alone. Aliyah Boston was a machine for the Gamecocks, leading the way with 20 1st half points on 9-9 shooting, with 9 rebounds, 3 blocks and 1 steal....

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 11/29/21 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aliyah Boston with a beautiful game, she’s looking amazing.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/29/21 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks win 79-42. Boston with 29 pts on 13-13 shooting, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals. Amihere with 9 pts on 3-9 shooting (1-1 from the 3-pt. line - she's now 2-2 from there on the season), 1 block and 1 steal. Cardoso with 8 pts on 4-6 shooting, with 5 boards, and 1 block. Cooke also with 8 pts on 2-11 shooting - she had an off-night from behind the arc, shooting 0-6 there. Henderson had 7 pts on 3-4 shooting, and Wesolek had 6 pts on 3-4 shooting. Feagin finally missed her first field goal attempt - she actually missed two of them, and had 3 pts on 1-3 shooting plus a free throw, with 2 rebounds and 2 assists.

Hall and Rivers also struggled tonight as the youngsters: Hall did hit on a 3-pointer and had 4 pts and 3 rebounds, but also had 4 turnovers and 2 fouls, and Rivers went scoreless on 0-5 shooting, with 4 fouls and 2 turnovers. She did have 4 rebounds and 3 assists......

Next game is Kansas St. this Friday. The next 4 are Kansas St., Maryland, Duke, and Stanford. So much for the respite.....

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/30/21 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We watched the last quarter of this while waiting for Monday night football. Honestly, I was not unimpressed by NCAT. They never stopped fighting even when down by a LOT. They do have some good players, most notably their PG, who is fast and sure-handed, and the girl with the puffs. Of course, since it was on the SEC network, Nikki Fargas and the other commentator never stopped raving about Dawn and the Gamecocks long enough for me to learn anything about NCAT, but I thought they put up a good fight for a team that far down.

PostPosted: 11/30/21 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
We watched the last quarter of this while waiting for Monday night football. Honestly, I was not unimpressed by NCAT. They never stopped fighting even when down by a LOT. They do have some good players, most notably their PG, who is fast and sure-handed, and the girl with the puffs. Of course, since it was on the SEC network, Nikki Fargas and the other commentator never stopped raving about Dawn and the Gamecocks long enough for me to learn anything about NCAT, but I thought they put up a good fight for a team that far down.

I was a little surprised by NC AT in that they came into the game 0-5. They are a small college program certainly, so not trying to make them out as some national-level program, but they went 14-3 last season in a Covid-stunted season, and won their conference. They lost to NC State 79-58 in the 1st RD. of the NCAAT.

In 2019-20, they went 19-10 with losses to - again - NC State, UGA, Miami, and beat Clemson. They fell in the 1st RD of their conference tournament to NC Central 56-54, a team that had their number that season, as they lost to them all 3 times they played them in very tight games. But there wasn't any NCAAT that season anyways.

So, even though I considered them towards "cupcake" status on the schedule, I didn't consider them AS MUCH of a cupcake as they could be, as it looks like they are a pretty well-put-together program that's having some substantial success in recent years.

They haven't shirked playing tough OOC opponents either, setting our game aside. They've played UNC, Kansas St., and Elon who was undefeated until they lost to the Gamecocks in their previous game. So yeah, despite the Aggies' record, they are a team that will compete.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: