RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PG4ever

PostPosted: 11/26/21 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poffenbarger to Arkansas and the SEC.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 11/26/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Ursin transferred from Baylor, everything I read said "grad transfer" but on the Tulane roster it lists her as a "redshirt" senior. What's up with that?

may_b

PostPosted: 11/26/21 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
When Ursin transferred from Baylor, everything I read said "grad transfer" but on the Tulane roster it lists her as a "redshirt" senior. What's up with that?

Moon's social media lists her as an alum, and she has graduation pictures. Somewhere I also read that she chose Tulane for their school of nursing.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/26/21 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saylor Poffenbarger and Jersey Wolfenbarger on that same team? That's a mouthful.

PostPosted: 11/26/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Saylor Poffenbarger and Jersey Wolfenbarger on that same team? That's a mouthful.
I was thinking the exact same thing but couldn't bring myself to make the comment. Maybe they call them the Barger sisters...or just refer to them as Poff and Wolf.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/28/21 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
I was thinking the exact same thing but couldn't bring myself to make the comment. Maybe they call them the Barger sisters...or just refer to them as Poff and Wolf.

I dunno either, but Saylor is a very nice get for Mike Neighbors.

PostPosted: 11/28/21 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/CamBehindTheCam/status/1465018148374159365?t=mvjcje0sAKKUFuY32fOLRg&s=19

The fifth-place game between South Dakota State and Charlotte has been canceled for today, in Estero Beach Florida. The Twitter link references a medical emergency.

We do know that Tylee Irwin has been out for SDSU, due to a wrenched muscle in her back, and yesterday, Myah Selland dove for a loose ball in the third quarter and supposedly separated her shoulder.

Last edited by Hoopsmom on 11/28/21 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/28/21 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This may have been discussed before, but it was news to me. Watching the Duke-Troy game, I saw that Duke has a starter, Elizabeth Balogun, who is not only on her third school, but her third school within a single conference. She started at GaTech for a year, then spent two years at Louisville, and now is playing at Duke.

Wonder how many more years and schools she has yet to go in the new paradigm.

Well, she has upgraded her degree. Good for her on that.

Wow, how times have changed. Rapidly.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/28/21 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
This may have been discussed before, but it was news to me. Watching the Duke-Troy game, I saw that Duke has a starter, Elizabeth Balogun, who is not only on her third school, but her third school within a single conference. She started at GaTech for a year, then spent two years at Louisville, and now is playing at Duke.

Balogun left GaTech in the wake of the MaChelle Joseph controversy, and she had her PT reduced significantly at Louisville in the latter part of last season. If she can get a Duke degree after leaving two less than ideal situations, kudos to her.

Question: How long is the extra-year-for-COVID-disruptions rule in effect? Does it cover only players who were enrolled when the rule was enacted? That year? Until COVID is under control?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/28/21 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
https://twitter.com/CamBehindTheCam/status/1465018148374159365?t=mvjcje0sAKKUFuY32fOLRg&s=19

The third-place game between South Dakota State and Charlotte has been canceled for today, in Estero Beach Florida. The Twitter link references a medical emergency.

We do know that Tylee Irwin has been out for SDSU, due to a wrenched muscle in her back, and yesterday, Myah Selland dove for a loose ball in the third quarter and supposedly separated her shoulder.

I saw Debbie Antonelli tweeted, “Prayers for @Coach_AJ program.”

Last edited by mzonefan on 11/28/21 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 11/28/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:

The fifth-place game between South Dakota State and Charlotte has been canceled for today, in Estero Beach Florida. The Twitter link references a medical emergency.

I saw Debbie Antonelli tweeted, “ Prayers for @Coach_AJ program.”

On their fan message board, somebody wrote that they heard it is a family member of a player. Still not a lot of details, and who knows how much is going through the rumor mill and what is real.

leeshajo

PostPosted: 11/29/21 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This has to be the quietest, best kept no news is not good news situation I have been around. There is nothing leaking in SDSU news/twitter etc. Just listened to the Jackrabbit football radio show thinking they would address it. They did not. Also AJ didn't do his weekly YouTube show today. Or at least not posted yet. Whatever and whoever it involves this can't be good.

PostPosted: 11/30/21 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Balogun left GaTech in the wake of the MaChelle Joseph controversy, and she had her PT reduced significantly at Louisville in the latter part of last season. If she can get a Duke degree after leaving two less than ideal situations, kudos to her.

Question: How long is the extra-year-for-COVID-disruptions rule in effect? Does it cover only players who were enrolled when the rule was enacted? That year? Until COVID is under control?

As of right now it only applies to anyone that played in the 2020-2021 season. Which is part of the reason you saw some players leave high school early to play the 2nd half of last season because they weren't losing a season, when they would have in any other year if they played in games.

So far I haven't heard of anything for this season (2021-2022), so the freshmen this year will only have the "normal" 5 years to play 4 year.

okstateguy

PostPosted: 11/30/21 3:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

leeshajo wrote:
This has to be the quietest, best kept no news is not good news situation I have been around. There is nothing leaking in SDSU news/twitter etc. Just listened to the Jackrabbit football radio show thinking they would address it. They did not. Also AJ didn't do his weekly YouTube show today. Or at least not posted yet. Whatever and whoever it involves this can't be good.

Quoting directly from their fan board:
"Tragically, the family member didn’t make it. Heartbreaking to say the least. Pray for the players, staff, and family members. Had to be a very difficult situation for everyone down there. This is going to be a tough time moving forward for everyone in the SDSU women’s basketball family."

Absolutely no mention of which player is the relative, what the situation was outside of urgent and sudden, or why it's going to be so tough for the entire basketball family. There is a family represented on both staff and team, so my mind immediately wandered to them, but speculation isn't going to accomplish anything positive for this team as they deal with the situation

PostPosted: 11/30/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the family wants to keep this quiet, that's their business. Fans don't need any more information than that the death involved a family member.

okstateguy

PostPosted: 11/30/21 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
If the family wants to keep this quiet, that's their business. Fans don't need any more information than that the death involved a family member.

One of the sources who shared the original news stated that their would be no annoucements unless the player made it first. I know SDSU fans are probably frustrated, but I enjoy the fact that the university isn't even going to give room for speculation until the player is ready to make it public. Has to be healthier for players to be in full control of their grief

PostPosted: 12/02/21 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Yeah I'm checking out about her transfer but there doesn't seem to be much discussion beyond her name similarity with Jersey. I am not familiar with Saylor. I was wondering what she brings to the table.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/02/21 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Yeah I'm checking out about her transfer but there doesn't seem to be much discussion beyond her name similarity with Jersey. I am not familiar with Saylor. I was wondering what she brings to the table.

I guess we'll find out when she finally gets to play. She was a top recruit but didn't see much floor time with Geno. Typical.

PostPosted: 12/02/21 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I guess we'll find out when she finally gets to play. She was a top recruit but didn't see much floor time with Geno. Typical.

I suppose you are right. I wonder sometimes how Geno can find a way to utilize all those top recruits he gets year after year. Seems like to me some kids would get shortchanged. But that could be a problem at any top echelon school like UCONN and South Carolina. I don't know if Tennessee still has those issues as much as they did during the Summitt years.
Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 12/02/21 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

One of the sources who shared the original news stated that their would be no annoucements unless the player made it first. I know SDSU fans are probably frustrated, but I enjoy the fact that the university isn't even going to give room for speculation until the player is ready to make it public. Has to be healthier for players to be in full control of their grief

The player in question’s father was down in Florida at the tournament with them, and passed away suddenly. At some point, her name will probably come out, but it really doesn’t matter. She is a basketball player, but first she is a daughter, and a friend to a lot of the girls in the basketball community.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/08/21 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ashley Chevalier, sophomore guard out of Texas enters portal. She sites mental health issues as the reason. In a social media text indicating her transfer she thanks previous head Coach Karen Aston and staff for their faith in her but doesn’t mention Vic and company. In the game against A&M she watched JoAnne Taylor get minutes as the backup pg toFrosh Rory Harmon;minutes that in the past were Chevaliers. Ashley is out of The Los Angeles area.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.hookem.com/amp/6421163001

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/08/21 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alyza Winston, 5’7 JR Guard for Michigan State, is in the portal. 2nd leading scorer on the team at 12.2 ppg.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/08/21 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Raoul's website has 5 pages of portal entrants for this school year. A lot of them haven't found/announced destinations yet, so we'll presumably be hearing about more transfers later this month.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/08/21 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Raoul's website has 5 pages of portal entrants for this school year. A lot of them haven't found/announced destinations yet, so we'll presumably be hearing about more transfers later this month.

5 pages, but bear in mind players are going to have two entries on the list, since he's charting both transfers in and transfers out. Still, yeah, that's a lot of motion coming into a rough approximation of semester break.

PostPosted: 12/08/21 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He usually just puts transfers out on that list. On the transfer out notice, he puts the new school if it has been announced. But this is the time when players are going to transfer midyear, because the semester has just ended. They can try to get a waiver, or they can start at their new school now and be ready to play next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 6 of 34

Jump to: