Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/04/21 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Instead of listing a bunch of “accomplished” players and saying if they can’t make it in the WNBA then nobody can, why not look at each player individually to examine why they haven’t made it and see if any of these things apply to the player in comparison? Wouldn’t that be more useful?

Mack - okstateguy tried to warn us about her but myrtle chased him off. Seems like he’s owed an apology. Mack “accomplished” to fool a lot of us, but maybe she’ll be a good comeback candidate. Making a WNBA roster is tough egg to crack.

I wouldn't say I'm owed an apology, just differences of opinion. My opinion was just at a more advanced stage because I watched her play more. I know she has attempted and made a 3 in her Euro League, but every video I've seen(only a few) shows the same two post moves that make her game so predictable. All that said, it seems like she is at least attempting to improve her game, so she should definitely be in someone's training camp next year.

Thanks for being generous. I still actually do think she will in the long run be better than Collier, which was mainly my point. But she may also just have a good career in Europe. Hard to tell at this point. But I wish her the best.

- Amanda Gorman
okstateguy

PostPosted: 11/04/21 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I said from Day 1 that Mack would have trouble scoring at the next level without help. But on the right team, one would think she could at least score on putbacks and backdoor cuts. This is a player who averaged 19.8 ppg as a senior. The ball had to go through the net for her some of the time. Brianna Turner has been successful as a pro without much more than two offensive moves. What she does is score on runouts, putbacks, and backdoor cuts. While defenses are focused on Griner, Taurasi, and Diggins, Brianna sneaks around like an assassin. But the main reason Turner is on the floor is because of her defense and rebounding. Likewise, I see Mack as someone who can help a team on defense. If you watched her in college, Natasha not only averaged 4 blocks per game, but she also averaged 2 steals and tipped a lot of other balls that resulted in turnovers. Turner is an athletic 6-4 with a 6-11 wingspan and good anticipation. I find it hard to believe she can't be useful to a team somewhere. Don't be surprised if Mack returns to Chicago. The Sky probably can't afford Dolson, and Ndour-Falls is also out of contract. They'll need to restock their bench with inexpensive players. Mack is someone they liked enough to bring back mutiple times during the season.

My biggest concern is her drive. She doesn't have the best history of following through with goals and with staying committed. That hurt her last year against WNBA quality bigs(and likely what caused her to fall as far as she did). I could go into examples, but a prominent one played a big role in Gray's discontentment with the program. If she can stay hungry and learn how to speed her game up, she'll be in a WNBA rotation for sure. I'd like to see her in Atlanta myself.

PostPosted: 11/04/21 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes 'want to' and drive to improve obviously can be a big part of success. I didn't realize that might be a problem. It's hard for a coach to instill it if a player doesn't have it herself. The other thing about her that I wondered about was the fact that she went the JC route, which tends to indicate that academics might not be a priority. There could of course be multiple reasons for that...but it always makes me wonder a bit.

Randy

PostPosted: 11/04/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed - Mack sounds like a young E Will or Stokes. They've both stuck around a long time and Mack costs a lot less which may be important with so many teams lacking cap space.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/05/21 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she can do this consistently, could be looking at another Maya. Same work ethic anyway. That’s a sweet looking three point shot.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PcZ2xwBnyyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 11/05/21 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
root_thing wrote:
I said from Day 1 that Mack would have trouble scoring at the next level without help. But on the right team, one would think she could at least score on putbacks and backdoor cuts. This is a player who averaged 19.8 ppg as a senior. The ball had to go through the net for her some of the time. Brianna Turner has been successful as a pro without much more than two offensive moves. What she does is score on runouts, putbacks, and backdoor cuts. While defenses are focused on Griner, Taurasi, and Diggins, Brianna sneaks around like an assassin. But the main reason Turner is on the floor is because of her defense and rebounding. Likewise, I see Mack as someone who can help a team on defense. If you watched her in college, Natasha not only averaged 4 blocks per game, but she also averaged 2 steals and tipped a lot of other balls that resulted in turnovers. Turner is an athletic 6-4 with a 6-11 wingspan and good anticipation. I find it hard to believe she can't be useful to a team somewhere. Don't be surprised if Mack returns to Chicago. The Sky probably can't afford Dolson, and Ndour-Falls is also out of contract. They'll need to restock their bench with inexpensive players. Mack is someone they liked enough to bring back mutiple times during the season.

My biggest concern is her drive. She doesn't have the best history of following through with goals and with staying committed. That hurt her last year against WNBA quality bigs(and likely what caused her to fall as far as she did). I could go into examples, but a prominent one played a big role in Gray's discontentment with the program. If she can stay hungry and learn how to speed her game up, she'll be in a WNBA rotation for sure. I'd like to see her in Atlanta myself.

Fair point. I don't know much about Mack's personality or reputation off the court. I've seen one interview with her and she seemed like a goofy jokester. By the time we get to this level, every player has talent. It's just a matter of whether you have the determination and work ethic to squeeze everything out of your ability.

I just noticed a typo in my original post. I was referring to Mack and not Turner when I said "athletic 6-4 with a 6-11 wingspan."

PostPosted: 11/06/21 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If she can do this consistently, could be looking at another Maya. Same work ethic anyway. That’s a sweet looking three point shot.

I don't know about Maya, but she definitely knew what she needed to do to solidify her draft status this off-season, and it looks like she did it.

PostPosted: 11/06/21 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:

I don't know about Maya, but she definitely knew what she needed to do to solidify her draft status this off-season, and it looks like she did it.

yeah, nice looking shot. I hope she keeps showing us that without losing her efficiency in the post. But Maya's overall game was quite different.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/06/21 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:

yeah, nice looking shot. I hope she keeps showing us that without losing her efficiency in the post. But Maya's overall game was quite different.

Yep, Hillmon’s no Maya Moore, but with a 3PT shot, Hillmon is looking closer now to being her better UConn comparison of Napheesa Collier than ever.

Even if Hillmon doesn’t end up with a good 3PT% by the end of the season, I feel like she only has to take one or two of them per game to show pro scouts that she’s at least serious about integrating it into her overall game.

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/06/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yep, Hillmon’s no Maya Moore, but with a 3PT shot, Hillmon is looking closer now to being her better UConn comparison of Napheesa Collier than ever.

Even if Hillmon doesn’t end up with a good 3PT% by the end of the season, I feel like she only has to take one or two of them per game to show pro scouts that she’s at least serious about integrating it into her overall game.

Maybe Hines-Allen would be a better comparison. Collier shot a lot of short jumpers, especially cutting across the lane. Hillmon is (was?) much more of a post-up player. MHA started shooting mid-range jumpshots as a senior, then added 3's after turning pro. Hillmon is being ambitious by going straight to shooting 3's. Let's see if she can keep it up. I remember Kristine Anigwe started her senior year shooting 5-8 from 3pt range after five games, including 3-4 against Tulane. She got everybody all excited. Then Kristine fell off a cliff, shooting only 2-15 for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: 11/23/21 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here are some way-too-early season stats on some of the more generally recognizable prospects from this class. Red means surprisingly worse than before. Green means surprisingly better than before. All else is imo more or less what was to be expected – typically in a good way, but not always – for each individual prospect...

Sedona Prince, 6-7 C/F, Oregon: 5 GP, 12.0 PPG on 55.6% FG, 5.6 RPG, 1.2 ATO, 1.2 BPG.
For a player of her height, ironically none of these stats seem to stand out.

Ayoka Lee, 6-6 C, Kansas State: 6 GP, 26.3 PPG on 67.3% FG, 11.3 RPG, 3.5 BPG.
The Draft-eligible true junior is already working towards her Masters and might've taken the biggest jump out of anyone...

Shakira Austin, 6-5 C/F, Ole Miss: 5 GP, 13.2 PPG on 45% FG (0-3 3PT), 10.8 RPG, 1.4 BPG.
Not great stats against not great competition = Not a great start… still super early though!

Jessika Carter, 6-5 C/F, Mississippi State: N/A
She has taken a personal leave of absence from the program. Unknown when or if she'll return to the team.

Elissa Cunane, 6-5 C, NC State: 5 GP, 14.4 PPG on 50.9% FG (2-3 3PT), 6.6 RPG.
Very balanced attack out of the whole NC State team thus far. The shooting %s for their top 6-7 players are pretty to look at.

Olivia Nelson-Ododa, 6-5 F/C, UConn: 4 GP, 6.5 PPG on 64.7% FG, 6.5 RPG, 4.7 APG, 1.9 ATO, 2.5 BPG.
What I'd say she's becoming is a taller, more skilled, overall fancier version of Kiah Stokes.

Nyara Sabally, 6-5 F, Oregon: 2 GP, 22 PPG on 60.7% FG (2-2 3PT), 7.5 RPG, 3 APG, 1.5 ATO, 2 BPG.
Had one of the best games of her career earlier this week... Then sat out the next few games with a lingering knee issue.

NaLyssa Smith, 6-4 F, Baylor: 4 GP, 21.8 PPG on 58.9% FG (1-5 3PT), 12.0 RPG.
Her ATO is still ugly as all else (0.2), but she's staying the course thus far, despite a new coach. Was listed at 6-2 last season, fwiw...

Queen Egbo, 6-3 C/F, Baylor: 4 GP, 11.8 PPG on 72.4% FG (0-1 3PT), 7.3 RPG, 2 BPG.
With her dramatic increase in shot efficiency (was just 50% FG last season), she needs to put more shots up, period.

Naz Hillmon, 6-2 F/C, Michigan: 4 GP, 23.3 PPG on 70.2% FG (0-2 3PT), 9.3 RPG.
She & her teammates have been real banged up to start this season, so hopefully she continues to be able to put up big numbers for her team.

Rhyne Howard, 6-2 F/G, Kentucky: 4 GP, 20.0 PPG on 50.0% FG (39.1% 3PT), 8.3 RPG, 5.0 APG, 3.3 ATO, 3.5 SPG, 1.2 BPG.
The same scorer as before, but much more of a stat-stuffer this year than ever. Already has a triple-double. Ergo, still the consensus #1 overall pick.

Kierstan Bell, 6-1 F/G, FGCU: 5 GP, 26.6 PPG on 55.4% FG (34.1% 3PT), 9.6 RPG, 2 SPG, 1.6 BPG.
Another stat-stuffing Draft-eligible true junior – though her theoretical translation to the pros is a bit more unknown.

Rae Burrell, 6-1 F/G, Tennessee: N/A.
Injured during Tennessee's first game. Unknown when she'll be healthy enough to play again this season.

Lexie Hull, 6-1 F/G, Stanford: 4 GP, 11.3 PPG on 43.6% FG (46.2% 3PT), 6.5 RPG, 3.2 SPG.
If she has found her outside shooting touch for good, she may actually have a shot in the pros.

Ashley Joens, 6-1 F/G, Iowa State: 4 GP, 19.8 PPG on 42.1% FG (41.4% 3PT), 7.5 RPG.
Doing worse on 2s, but better on 3s so far compared to last season.

Evina Westbrook, 6-0 CG, UConn: 4 GP, 12.3 PPG on 53.8% FG (53.3% 3PT), 3.7 APG, 1.8 ATO.
Another really good start like last season, but we'll have to see whether or not she ends up fading again.

Taylor Mikesell, 5-11 SG, Ohio State: 4 GP, 15.7 PPG on 51.2% FG (59.2% 3PT).
She might've gotten her shooting ability back, which is key, but uhh… what else could she contribute if she loses it again?

Taylor Robertson, 5-11 SG, Oklahoma: 6 GP, 19.0 PPG on 44.0% FG (46.3% 3PT), 4.1 APG, 2.2 ATO.
One of my favorite prospects, and one of the best shooters in the country, period. She was listed at 5-7 last season though, fwiw...

Christyn Williams, 5-11 SG, UConn: 4 GP, 17.3 PPG on 54.5% FG (38.5% 3PT).
That 3PT% may single-handedly determine where this legit two-way prospect falls in the 1st round.

Veronica Burton, 5-9 PG, Northwestern: 4 GP, 18.3 PPG on 51.0% FG (52.6% 3PT), 6.5 APG, 3.2 ATO, 4 SPG.
She finished shooting 30% from 3 last season. To say her early shooting numbers are a pleasant surprise would be a vast understatement.

Nia Clouden, 5-8 CG, Michigan State: 6 GP, 18.2 PPG on 54.7% FG (48.1% 3PT), 5.3 APG, 1.8 ATO, 1 BPG.
Another guard prospect who understood the assignment of improving their shooting over the summer – perhaps.

Anastasia Hayes, 5-7 CG, Mississippi State: 4 GP, 16.3 PPG on 48% FG (23.1% 3PT), 3.7 APG, 1.6 ATO, 2 SPG.
Being an undersized scoring guard still without even an average 3PT shot doesn't bode well for her WNBA chances.

Destanni Henderson, 5-7 PG, South Carolina: 6 GP, 13.5 PPG on 45.8% FG (54.2% 3PT), 5.5 APG, 1.8 ATO.
She's been a steady, consistent leader the whole time she's been at SoCar. More of the same here in her senior season.

Jordan Lewis, 5-7 CG, Baylor: 4 GP, 15.8 PPG on 53.5% FG (39.1% 3PT), 4.2 APG, 1.8 ATO.
The Alabama transfer has shown to be a really good fit in Waco. Just turned in one of the best games of her college career vs. Maryland.

Khayla Pointer, 5-7 PG, LSU: 4 GP, 15.5 PPG on 44.2% FG (30.7% 3PT), 7.7 RPG, 6.7 APG, 1.8 ATO.
Like Rhyne Howard, she has a triple-double already. Under Kim Mulkey, she truly does it all – except of course for shooting the 3.

Last edited by Stormeo on 11/24/21 3:47 am; edited 2 times in total
root_thing

PostPosted: 11/23/21 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

NaLyssa Smith, 6-4 F, Baylor: 4 GP, 21.8 PPG on 58.9% FG (1-5 3PT), 12.0 RPG.Was listed at 6-2 last season, fwiw...

Laughing Laughing

Stormeo wrote:
Taylor Robertson, 5-11 SG, Oklahoma She was listed at 5-7 last season though, fwiw...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/23/21 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

NaLyssa Smith, 6-4 F, Baylor: 4 GP, 21.8 PPG on 58.9% FG (1-5 3PT), 12.0 RPG.Was listed at 6-2 last season, fwiw...

Laughing Laughing

Stormeo wrote:
Taylor Robertson, 5-11 SG, Oklahoma She was listed at 5-7 last season though, fwiw...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That sun down south makes everything grow taller.😂

PostPosted: 11/23/21 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

c williams strikes me as the type that will exceed expectations at the next level, like t. hayes.
almost like too much is expected of her at UConn and being a 3rd or 4th or 5th option will better suit her (kinda like her freshman year).

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/24/21 2:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I updated the above list with some extra names – including a couple true juniors previously confirmed to be eligible for this Draft. Their stats are just too gawdy not to put out there as potential early entrants.

snlMINAJ wrote:
c williams strikes me as the type that will exceed expectations at the next level, like t. hayes.
almost like too much is expected of her at UConn and being a 3rd or 4th or 5th option will better suit her (kinda like her freshman year).

As long as it doesn't take ten years as a pro for Williams to develop a consistent 3PT shot like it did Hayes...

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/24/21 2:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You might want to add Sabally and Prince to the list. They are only using their second years of eligibility, but we all know about their missed seasons because of injuries. Sabally even voted herself most likely to drop out. In the video below, she admits that she wouldn't be in school if she didn't have to.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0qLq1l-SrDE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 11/24/21 3:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
You might want to add Sabally and Prince to the list. They are only using their second years of eligibility, but we all know about their missed seasons because of injuries. Sabally even voted herself most likely to drop out. In the video below, she admits that she wouldn't be in school if she didn't have to.

Short answer: Ok.

Long answer: 😩 It seems Nyara wasn't as motivated to graduate in three years as her sister was. She could've been 2021 Draft-eligible, but instead she returned to an injury-ridden Ducks team and got bit by the bug herself – she's missed the past three games with a sore knee stemming from the Ducks' very first game. Ya know who else had a sore knee this past year? Chiney O., who only appeared in 7 games the whole season. At this point I don't know what team out there is gonna take Nyara Sabally seriously as a prospect if they can't trust that she'll ever be healthy enough for them. I mean shit, Satou herself has had quite a few absences in her first two seasons, and none of them even involved injuries as serious as ACL tears (god forbid it then happens to her). Teams could conclude it runs in the family. On top of that, Nyara only averaged about 13 PPG last season, so she wasn't exactly setting things ablaze upon her return – which was expected, but still. She did have a 30-point outburst vs. Oklahoma earlier this week, but then of course that was the last game she appeared in. I would understand if they were resting her for the middle game of a 3-in-a-row gauntlet, but I don't think she should be that sore unless it were something more troublesome. Confused

As for Sedona Prince, it would seem that no one would gaf about her if she weren't 6-7. Statistically, she's putting up incredibly pedestrian numbers despite being a former Top-5 recruit who's technically a senior. If we're being honest, I'm not convinced she's completely committed to basketball, or at least focused on improving herself. She generated a lot of attention for exposing the double standards at the NCAA Tourney last season that it feels like she took off with it. I see so many darn Snapchat posts from her (not because I follow her, but because she's just one of the more recognizable personalities, I guess) – darn near against my will at this point – that it makes me wonder. Flash forward to now where it seems she was able to bring her gf with her to the Ducks' holiday tournament in the Bahamas (which, is that a thing that's really allowed?), and they were winning money at a Bahamian casino – another thing I didn't know was a thing. Mad

Anyway, this rant of mine has gone on far too long now, but the point is, I didn't put either Oregon player up, not because I as a Husky have a long grievance with the school (I know, seems sus), but rather, for different reasons, I'm not taking either player seriously as prospects at this point. That said, upon your request to humor you & possibly others, *sigh* I'll go ahead and add them to the list. 🙃

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/24/21 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Long answer: 😩 It seems Nyara wasn't as motivated to graduate in three years as her sister was. She could've been 2021 Draft-eligible, but instead she returned to an injury-ridden Ducks team and got bit by the bug herself – she's missed the past three games with a sore knee stemming from the Ducks' very first game. Ya know who else had a sore knee this past year? Chiney O., who only appeared in 7 games the whole season. At this point I don't know what team out there is gonna take Nyara Sabally seriously as a prospect if they can't trust that she'll ever be healthy enough for them. I mean shit, Satou herself has had quite a few absences in her first two seasons, and none of them even involved injuries as serious as ACL tears (god forbid it then happens to her). Teams could conclude it runs in the family. On top of that, Nyara only averaged about 13 PPG last season, so she wasn't exactly setting things ablaze upon her return – which was expected, but still. She did have a 30-point outburst vs. Oklahoma earlier this week, but then of course that was the last game she appeared in. I would understand if they were resting her for the middle game of a 3-in-a-row gauntlet, but I don't think she should be that sore unless it were something more troublesome. Confused

As for Sedona Prince, it would seem that no one would gaf about her if she weren't 6-7. Statistically, she's putting up incredibly pedestrian numbers despite being a former Top-5 recruit who's technically a senior. If we're being honest, I'm not convinced she's completely committed to basketball, or at least focused on improving herself. She generated a lot of attention for exposing the double standards at the NCAA Tourney last season that it feels like she took off with it. I see so many darn Snapchat posts from her (not because I follow her, but because she's just one of the more recognizable personalities, I guess) – darn near against my will at this point – that it makes me wonder. Flash forward to now where it seems she was able to bring her gf with her to the Ducks' holiday tournament in the Bahamas (which, is that a thing that's really allowed?), and they were winning money at a Bahamian casino – another thing I didn't know was a thing. Mad

Anyway, this rant of mine has gone on far too long now, but the point is, I didn't put either Oregon player up, not because I as a Husky have a long grievance with the school (I know, seems sus), but rather, for different reasons, I'm not taking either player seriously as prospects at this point. That said, upon your request to humor you & possibly others, *sigh* I'll go ahead and add them to the list. 🙃

I agree with a lot of what you said, and I've made similar observations myself in earlier posts. However, there are other people on your list that I don't take seriously as prospects either -- like the two Taylors. I figure Sabally and Prince at least meet the minimum requirement of looking like professional-level athletes.

PostPosted: 11/24/21 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everything about Veronica Burton reminds me of Jasmine Thomas. Her offensive game is a little unorthodox, but effective; and she's an all-world defender - being well on her way to her 3rd Big Ten Defensive PoY. She's going to get drafted a lot higher than a lot of people expect.

PostPosted: 11/24/21 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Everything about Veronica Burton reminds me of Jasmine Thomas. Her offensive game is a little unorthodox, but effective; and she's an all-world defender - being well on her way to her 3rd Big Ten Defensive PoY. She's going to get drafted a lot higher than a lot of people expect.

I agree, and I hope so. The fact that she was included on the Americup team this summer is a good sign for her draft prospects. Lindsay Pulliam has gotten more headlines as she led the team in scoring two years ago when Northwestern was regular season Big Ten Co-Champs. But by early last season, Burton had emerged as the team's best and most consistent player, on both ends of the court.

(Fun fact: Burton's on my fantasy team btw as she essentially led the nation in steals per game last year.)

PostPosted: 11/24/21 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

I agree, and I hope so. The fact that she was included on the Americup team this summer is a good sign for her draft prospects. Lindsay Pulliam has gotten more headlines as she led the team in scoring two years ago when Northwestern was regular season Big Ten Co-Champs. But by early last season, Burton had emerged as the team's best and most consistent player, on both ends of the court.

(Fun fact: Burton's on my fantasy team btw as she essentially led the nation in steals per game last year.)

Co-sign this as well

It's gonna be interesting who will be the first PG off the board between these 3;

Veronica Burton --- Evina Westbrook --- Nia Clouden

Shades

PostPosted: 11/25/21 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0qLq1l-SrDE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmm… this looks familiar.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=99469&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=9

Shades

PostPosted: 11/25/21 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
The fact that she was included on the Americup team this summer is a good sign for her draft prospects.

That would be super impressive during a normal AmeriCup year. This year was all college students. I’m sure she’ll get drafted, but making a team is a whole different ballgame. Opportunities for even the top rookies are scarce, as you may have seen this year.

Anybody recall the MVP the AmeriCup tournament?
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMp3uMlIyjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/25/21 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Hmm… this looks familiar.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=99469&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=9

LOL. You want credit, you can have it. No one cares. I was simply backing up a statement, and I didn't remember where I originally saw the video. So, I Googled. Maybe you can sue Google for making that video available without your pemission.

PostPosted: 11/25/21 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
The fact that she was included on the Americup team this summer is a good sign for her draft prospects.

That would be super impressive during a normal AmeriCup year. This year was all college students.
Anybody recall the MVP the AmeriCup tournament?
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMp3uMlIyjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is my point exactly. She was selected over a number of her highly qualified peers -- who also hope to be drafted -- to be on this roster.

Yes, Howard was MVP. She will clearly be a lottery pick and very few have suggested otherwise.. so what is your point?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 10 of 40

Jump to: