RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Clemson @ #1 South Carolina - 11/17/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 1:49 pm    ::: Clemson @ #1 South Carolina - 11/17/21 Reply Reply with quote

Colonial Life Arena, Columbia, S.C. - 7:00 PM ET
TV: SECN+

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=d2563de8-8de5-4980-b83a-ea4d41132bd5

Audio:
https://tunein.com/radio/ESPN-1320-AM-s29684/

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=376024

Last edited by Conway Gamecock on 11/17/21 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/17/21 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clemson just lost to Columbia on Sunday. Yeah, Ivy League Columbia. The Ivy League that didn't even play at all last year. Columbia that doesn't have a player on the roster over 6'1".

And the game was played at Littlejohn Coliseum, no less. Although I suppose having 545 fans in a 9,000 seat arena doesn't actually create too much of a home court advantage anyhow. But then, shooting 24 of 69 and 1 for 12 from behind the arc is not much of a formula for success anywhere.

Clemson managed to shoot 3-17 and get outscored 22-9 in the 4th Q to pull out the home loss.

Even as an ACC fan, I expect this game to get really ugly really fast, and then go downhill from there.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/17/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Clemson just lost to Columbia on Sunday. Yeah, Ivy League Columbia. The Ivy League that didn't even play at all last year. Columbia that doesn't have a player on the roster over 6'1".

And the game was played at Littlejohn Coliseum, no less. Although I suppose having 545 fans in a 9,000 seat arena doesn't actually create too much of a home court advantage anyhow. But then, shooting 24 of 69 and 1 for 12 from behind the arc is not much of a formula for success anywhere.

Clemson managed to shoot 3-17 and get outscored 22-9 in the 4th Q to pull out the home loss.

Even as an ACC fan, I expect this game to get really ugly really fast, and then go downhill from there.

Hard to believe that Notre Dame lost to Clemson twice last season. Very unlikely to happen this year!

South Carolina's defense looked great against NC State. This is their penultimate tune-up before things get interesting again in the Bahamas. The Gamecocks opening game should be easy, but the next 2 should be much more challenging.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks playing listlessly and going through the motions for the 1st quarter. They barely lead 15-14 after the first 10 minutes of play.....

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/17/21 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

I guess I sold Clemson way too short, or way over-estimated SCar, because it's a 1 pt game in the second quarter.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A better start to the 2nd quarter. Gamecocks out-scored the Tigers 5-0 halfway through the period, and lead 20-14, but looks like it will be very much a low-scoring affair unless we explode offensively after halftime.........

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I guess I sold Clemson way too short, or way over-estimated SCar, because it's a 1 pt game in the second quarter.

No no, you were mostly right. It got ugly really fast. Yet to see just how downhill things get, though.......

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/17/21 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, Clemson did lose to Columbia, who is admittedly unbeaten this season, but this really has been a weird game to watch thus far.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks lead 27-17 at the half after out-scoring the Clemson Tigers 12-3 for the 2nd quarter. But it was ugly all around, with rampant fouling for both teams, and plenty of turnovers for the Gamecocks. They are on pace for 26 fouls and 26 turnovers unless they fix some things.

Henderson, Cardoso, and Amihere lead the Gamecocks with 6 points each.Amihere has 5 rebounds, and Cardoso has 3 blocks in the first half.

Boy......

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/17/21 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(Roar, Lions, Roar! - Congrats to my alma Columbia for beating anyone.)

Game = Yawn . . . .

Based on her first 2.5 games, Boston doesn't belong in any NPOY discussion. Yet.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/17/21 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clemson shooting a whopping 20%. (And 0 for 7 from the arc).

20 percent. Is that some kind of record for futility?

The Gamecocks should be ashamed they aren't winning by 40.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Starting the 3rd Quarter 5-5, and 2-2 from the 3, fixes a lot of things. Gamecocks jump out on Clemson 15-6, and now lead 42-23 with 6 minutes left in the period....

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks 7-13 from the 3-pt line already for the game. While their overall shooting has been poor in this game, their 3-pt. shooting has been decent.....

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/17/21 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meanwhile Clemson is 0-9 from the arc.

But hey, their overall shooting is all the way up to 25%, so they have that going for them.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks score only 27 points in the first half. They score 27 pts in the 3rd quarter alone, and now lead Clemson 54-32 through 3 periods. The Gamecocks shot 9-14 (.643) for the period, and 4-7 (.571) from the 3-pt. line.

At least all the rampant foul-calling has been spread evenly between both teams. Clemson already has one player fouled out, and two others with 4 fouls. If this continues, our superior team depth will start to factor, but if we keep scoring, it may not matter either way....

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/17/21 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gamecocks win over the Clemson Tigers 76-45 to improve to 3-0 on the season, and to tie up the rivalry series 33-33 all-time. Gamecocks out-scored the Tigers 49-28 in the 2nd half after struggling with turnovers and fouls in the first half. They only had 4 of their 17 turnovers after halftime, and 7 of their 20 fouls. South Carolina shot 19-32 (.594) from the field in the 2nd half, and 5-11 (.455) from behind the arc.

Destanni Henderson led the team with 16 pts on 5-10 shooting and 3-5 from the 3-pt. line, with 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and 1 steal. Zia Cooke scored 13 pts on 4-7 shooting and 2-3 from the 3 in only 17 minutes of foul-prone play.

Aliyah Boston - also saddled with fouls early - scored 11 pts on 5-9 shooting plus 1-2 from the 3 in 17 minutes of play, with 5 rebounds and 1 block. Laeticia Amihere added 10 pts on 3-7 shooting, with 6 boards, 2 blocks and 1 steal. Brea Beal added 8 pts on 3-5 shooting, 2-3 from the 3, with 3 assists, 2 rebounds, and 2 steals. Kamilla Cardoso added 6 pts on 1-3 shooting (4-4 at the FT line), with 3 rebounds and 3 blocks.

Freshmen Breezy Hall added 1 point from the charity stripe, but also played solid defense and added 6 rebounds to tie for the team lead. Sania Feagin came in for the final 2 minutes of the game, and scored 6 pts on 3-3 shooting. Starter Victaria Saxton took no shots and scored no points, but added 5 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 steal for the game.

Onward and upward. We have been starting games poorly with the turnovers, but clean things up after halftime. When we open a game on fire like we end them, then we'll see something special to see......

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/17/21 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Maybe they were just tuning up to lose *in* Columbia. Razz

If I recall, Clemson had a couple of notable transfers out, and I don't know what kind of class they brought in.

PostPosted: 11/18/21 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

If I recall, Clemson had a couple of notable transfers out, and I don't know what kind of class they brought in.

They have only 1 freshman on the roster and a bunch of transfers: https://virginiasports.com/sports/wbball/roster/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/19/21 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Clemson join UVA in the race to the bottom of the ACC? Who will win? Stay tuned this season for this exciting contest! /s

PostPosted: 11/20/21 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

They have only 1 freshman on the roster and a bunch of transfers: https://virginiasports.com/sports/wbball/roster/

Wrong team. Clemson has 5 freshman. https://clemsontigers.com/sports/w-basketball/roster/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/20/21 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Wrong team. Clemson has 5 freshman. https://clemsontigers.com/sports/w-basketball/roster/

Yeah, whoever wrote that is talking about UVA. And I have seen them. They are awful.

PostPosted: 11/20/21 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I have no idea why I was thinking Virginia. Embarassed Got my basement dwellers confused. Thanks for the correction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: