RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Where Are They Now? - Paige Sauer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 11/12/21 5:42 pm    ::: Where Are They Now? - Paige Sauer Reply Reply with quote

The LA Sparks drafted her out of UConn in 2000 and played 12 games for them. She went on to play for the Cleveland Rockers in 2001 and '02.

Quote:
Paige Sauer joined Xebec in January 2021 and serves as a Vice President of Asset Management. Ms. Sauer is responsible for the overseeing property-level asset management for the portfolio of stabilized assets owned by Xebec and by Xebec Logistics Trust, LP, including stabilized properties held through its joint ventures. In this capacity, Ms. Sauer coordinates with all of Xebec’s local market third party-property managers. From 2009 until joining Xebec in January 2021, Ms. Sauer served in a similar capacity for Xebec affiliated entities.

https://xebecrealty.com/leadership/paige-sauer/

PostPosted: 11/13/21 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Threads like this make me chuckle, because I spend most of my time, during the WNBA offseason, on message boards where I'm literally the only WNBA fan, and I get remarked upon (and occasionally teased) for how much I "looove" women's basketball. And then, I pop back onto rebkell, and I see a thread titled, "Where Are They Now? - Paige Sauer," and I realize that I will never, ever love women's basketball that much.

Like, maybe it's because I don't watch high school or college ball, so I don't follow these players as they grow from girls into women, and become invested in them, in that way but, I mean... I was a Monarchs fan from Day the First until Day the Last: I can't imagine sitting around on a random Friday, thinking to myself, "Damn, I wonder what Cindy Blodgett is up to, these days?" Like, not never.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/13/21 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the record, Blodgett is Director of Athletics & PE Department Head at Lincoln School in Providence, RI.

PostPosted: 11/13/21 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
For the record, Blodgett is Director of Athletics & PE Department Head at Lincoln School in Providence, RI.

Laughing

Of course you knew that!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/13/21 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paige was part of that terrific trio of Shea Ralph and Stacy Hansmeyer, the rewards reaped from the national title in 1995. All three were quick off the bench their frosh year as UCONn started Rita Williams, Amy Duran, Nykesha Sales, Carla Berube, and Kara Wolters. Geno even played Wolters and Sauer together and Paige had a good outing against a strong Georgia which Featured laKeisha Frett, Tracy Henderson, and Kendra Holland. Paige looked to have great upside; her frosh season I believe was better than Wolters.

Even when Kelley Schumacher arrived the following year, Paige maintained top position in the post.

But her junior year the TASSK force arrived. I think Paige still started but Cash, Williams and Jones brought different energy to the position and showed strong upside.

Her final year, Paige started the season in the post but eventually was supplanted in the starting lineup by Schumacher who had developed as a solid rim protector. Eventually the post rotation was almost exclusively, Schumacher, Cash, Jones, and Williams. Paige and her buddy Hansmeyer would get mop up duty (Ralph had sustained numerous injuries and had earned extra year of eligibility). Still, Sauer did get a national championship her final season.

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/13/21 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Threads like this make me chuckle, because I spend most of my time, during the WNBA offseason, on message boards where I'm literally the only WNBA fan, and I get remarked upon (and occasionally teased) for how much I "looove" women's basketball. And then, I pop back onto rebkell, and I see a thread titled, "Where Are They Now? - Paige Sauer," and I realize that I will never, ever love women's basketball that much.

Like, maybe it's because I don't watch high school or college ball, so I don't follow these players as they grow from girls into women, and become invested in them, in that way but, I mean... I was a Monarchs fan from Day the First until Day the Last: I can't imagine sitting around on a random Friday, thinking to myself, "Damn, I wonder what Cindy Blodgett is up to, these days?" Like, not never.

I'm glad pilight came up with the answer, because the last I had heard of Cindy Blodgett, she was pissing away every last bit of fondness the people of Maine had for her. (Which, as far as I am concerned, she can keep doing.)

Sometimes WATN threads come up not because people go looking for them, but because people find stuff randomly.

PostPosted: 11/14/21 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the WATN threads just because they show what players do after their life in basketball. Many seem to be doing interesting things, outside of the usual career paths like coaching, or being a WBB TV analyst. I wasn't even around when a lot of these players were playing and never heard of many of them.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 11/14/21 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, StevenHW, for posting this information. I always find it interesting to learn what successful athletes do when their playing days are over. Obviously some continue in sports in various ways, but it's terrific to read about those whose lives go in new directions.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: