RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

O/T - Wash State football HC & 4 AC fired for no vaccine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 10/28/21 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
millions of controlled scientific studies

I disbelieve that you have read millions of controlled scientific studies about COVID

PostPosted: 10/28/21 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Men's sports, football, and general Covid pontificating. Three subjects that definitely do not belong in a NCAA Women's Basketball forum.

And yet, somehow better here than in Area 51 where… some people are.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 10/28/21 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And, again: Covid is nothing like the flu. I had a mild Covid case and felt sicker when I had the flu many years ago before I started getting the annual immunization.

Here's the GREAT BIG DIFFERENCE between Covid and the flu: Nobody recovers fast from Covid, even from mild cases. It takes MONTHS. For a mild case. This does not happen with the flu.

Republicans won't believe anything until it happens to them. There are a LOT more Republican tombstones due to Covid than Democrat. Yes, refusing to believe science can cost you your life. You're free...until you die.

I will keep repeating this until it gets through some thick skin knuckleheads around here. I have ALL the data on my side. All you have is some false sense of freedom until you have a tombstone. You have no data.

It's like the flu as it is also a virus and never going away. I'm a libertarian. My data comes from John Hopkins. I've missed your data source.

LOL. Yes, the flu and Covid are both viruses. That is the ONLY thing at all similar about them. My data comes from millions of controlled scientific studies PLUS my own personal experience with having both. They are NOTHING alike. At all. I don't care what personal political idiocy you subscribe to. Your views on the virus are flat out wrong. Just like your selfish hero Rand Paul, who circulating freely while knowing he carried the virus, forcing dozens of lawmakers to isolate because THEY cared about people beyond themselves.

Again I repeat that 20 months AFTER having Covid, I still have stamina issues. Nothing like that happens with the flu. And I had a mild case...in which I had to crawl to the bathroom 10 feet away.

You have the freedom to spread your ignorance anywhere you wish. You are not free from being called an idiot for doing so.

I point was simple, they are both viruses. I never said they were the same or one was better than the other. Because they are both viruses, they will never go away and we have to learn to live with it. I told you were I've gotten my data from. You seem to care about name calling instead of focuses on the facts that I have mentioned.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/28/21 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And, again: Covid is nothing like the flu. I had a mild Covid case and felt sicker when I had the flu many years ago before I started getting the annual immunization.

Here's the GREAT BIG DIFFERENCE between Covid and the flu: Nobody recovers fast from Covid, even from mild cases. It takes MONTHS. For a mild case. This does not happen with the flu.

Republicans won't believe anything until it happens to them. There are a LOT more Republican tombstones due to Covid than Democrat. Yes, refusing to believe science can cost you your life. You're free...until you die.

I will keep repeating this until it gets through some thick skin knuckleheads around here. I have ALL the data on my side. All you have is some false sense of freedom until you have a tombstone. You have no data.

It's like the flu as it is also a virus and never going away. I'm a libertarian. My data comes from John Hopkins. I've missed your data source.

LOL. Yes, the flu and Covid are both viruses. That is the ONLY thing at all similar about them. My data comes from millions of controlled scientific studies PLUS my own personal experience with having both. They are NOTHING alike. At all. I don't care what personal political idiocy you subscribe to. Your views on the virus are flat out wrong. Just like your selfish hero Rand Paul, who circulating freely while knowing he carried the virus, forcing dozens of lawmakers to isolate because THEY cared about people beyond themselves.

Again I repeat that 20 months AFTER having Covid, I still have stamina issues. Nothing like that happens with the flu. And I had a mild case...in which I had to crawl to the bathroom 10 feet away.

You have the freedom to spread your ignorance anywhere you wish. You are not free from being called an idiot for doing so.

I point was simple, they are both viruses. I never said they were the same or one was better than the other. Because they are both viruses, they will never go away and we have to learn to live with it. I told you were I've gotten my data from. You seem to care about name calling instead of focuses on the facts that I have mentioned.

You said "it's like the flu." That is completely incorrect and ignorant. They are both viruses. Period. That is the only thing they have in common. FACT. No amount of double talk or walking it back will change what you said. You and Rand Paul have more in common than Covid and the flu. You are both supremely ignorant.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 10/28/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Obviously, everyone brings their own experience to bear as opinions are formed. But. Not all have the same experience. I know an elderly couple who didn't even know they had covid til they went to their doctor for head colds. Now they're fine, with no residual effects.

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Really? I mean, it may *feel good* to vent one's frustration (again, framed in one's own experience) but calling names is counterproductive against any 'change' in opinions, and mostly just mean-spirited.

PostPosted: 10/28/21 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="readyAIMfire53"][quote="bucks4now"]
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And, again:

You said "it's like the flu." That is completely incorrect and ignorant. They are both viruses. Period. That is the only thing they have in common. FACT. No amount of double talk or walking it back will change what you said. You and Rand Paul have more in common than Covid and the flu. You are both supremely ignorant.

Covid 19 is a virus and it is never going away. It's just like the flu and we have to learn to live with it.

It's like the flu as it is also a virus and never going away

I point was simple, they are both viruses. I never said they were the same or one was better than the other. Because they are both viruses, they will never go away and we have to learn to live with it

Here are the quotes from this thread and my comparing Covid and the flu. I only said they are both viruses and we have to live with them. For whatever your reasoning you have added more to my statements. Throughout this back and forth, I have been respectful to you and if you don't want to return that respect, that is your choice but I will continue to be respectful to you like I have alway been on this site with everyone else.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/30/21 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="bucks4now"][quote="readyAIMfire53"]
bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And, again:

Covid 19 is a virus and it is never going away. It's just like the flu and we have to learn to live with it.

I point was simple, they are both viruses. I never said they were the same or one was better than the other. Because they are both viruses, they will never go away and we have to learn to live with it

Here are the quotes from this thread and my comparing Covid and the flu. I only said they are both viruses and we have to live with them. For whatever your reasoning you have added more to my statements. Throughout this back and forth, I have been respectful to you and if you don't want to return that respect, that is your choice but I will continue to be respectful to you like I have alway been on this site with everyone else.

Ahem. Polio is a virus. One that we don't live with because EVERYONE got vaccinated. I am lucky I came along after the vaccinations were widely available so did not have to live with the social restrictions of my older cousins. I know plenty of older folks who either lost use of limbs after getting polio or couldn't frequent pools and other public spaces. The after effects of Covid are still not all known.

It is hard to remain respectful when people are causing the death or lifetime disability of other people due to ignorance. Is ignorance really something to be proud of???

~rAf
bucks4now

PostPosted: 10/31/21 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="readyAIMfire53"][quote="bucks4now"]
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And, again:

Ahem. Polio is a virus. One that we don't live with because EVERYONE got vaccinated. I am lucky I came along after the vaccinations were widely available so did not have to live with the social restrictions of my older cousins. I know plenty of older folks who either lost use of limbs after getting polio or couldn't frequent pools and other public spaces. The after effects of Covid are still not all known.

It is hard to remain respectful when people are causing the death or lifetime disability of other people due to ignorance. Is ignorance really something to be proud of???

okay, the Covid vaccine had emergency FDA approval and Polio does not. Many people rightfully so, are skeptical of the Covid vaccine.

Secondly, one person has a history of being disrespectful and one does not.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/31/21 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vaccine mandates are nothing new. We all had to have vaccinations before we could start school. I even had to have a smallpox vaccination. Next.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: