RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/15/21 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's only a reserved player if given a reserved qualifying offer (as explained in various places on that Her Hoop Stats site Wink ). Once given that qualifying offer, she could technically just sign it and she would've been re-signed with Atlanta. So as they've stated they absolutely won't be re-signing her, I presume they won't be sending out the qualifying offer and she would therefore become an unrestricted free agent. And then couldn't be traded for anything.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dan Padover is the new GM

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-names-dan-padover-as-general-manager-darius-taylor-as-assistant-general-manager/

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Move that makes a lot of sense. Took a long time to get there, but hiring the guy who's won GM of the Year both the last two seasons can't really be argued with. And it means that hiring Wright as head coach first was probably fine, given their links in Vegas. Assuming Padover was always the planned hire, Wright might well have essentially been his choice.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great hire for Atlanta, but I wonder why he wanted to move on from Vegas?

BamaEd

PostPosted: 10/25/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those are wonderful hires, worth the wait. I would have rather waited for the right hire rather than choose the wrong one just to get someone in there. Maybe this will entice Angel to want to come back to Atlanta to end her career? I think they realized with the GM fired and HC leaving right before the season, this would have been a lost season. Now though, they can plan on what players they want to keep, want to let go, want to get, need to draft. I hate that it meant 2021 was such a wash in their first season at the new arena, but hoping for good things in 2022.

root_thing

PostPosted: 10/25/21 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even though he won Executive of the Year twice, Padover would always be in Laimbeer's shadow if he stayed in Las Vegas. Bill brought Dan over from New York and is essentially his mentor. This is Padover's chance to be his own man without having to defer to someone of greater stature.

Padover's relationship with Tanisha Wright also extends back to New York as well as Las Vegas, so they start with a lot of familiarity and hopefully trust.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Between Vickie Johnson with the Wings, Tanisha Wright with the Dream, and now Dan Padover also with the Dream, it is genuinely interesting to me that people originating from the Aces organization have been able to branch out & go elsewhere, despite coming from a team that hasn't actually reached the highest level – winning a title. Laimbeer hasn't won a title since '08, but apparently his legacy as an influential figure in this League has continued to live on. Not saying any of those above are bad hires, since it's certainly too soon to tell. Not saying that Laimbeer sucks now or that any of it is weird/undeservedly happening either. Just noticing things out loud. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 10/26/21 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am HERE for the Danisha pairing!

I won't say it was worth the wait, but good work, Renee and the Northland Overlords!

~lw3

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 11/04/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Monique Billings has replaced Renee Montgomery, on the Hawks' halftime show?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 11/11/21 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Renee. Can't wait to see if this ruffles the feathers of the anti Renee crowd...

https://people.com/sports/renee-montgomery-wife-sirena-grace-detail-special-wedding/?amp=true

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/11/21 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would think it’s both possible and okay for someone to criticize Renee Montgomery The Business Owner and/or Renee Montgomery The TV Personality, while still being happy for Renee Montgomery The Person on what was surely an important personal accomplishment of hers. Congrats to her!

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 11/11/21 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I would think it’s both possible and okay for someone to criticize Renee Montgomery The Business Owner and/or Renee Montgomery The TV Personality, while still being happy for Renee Montgomery The Person on what was surely an important personal accomplishment of hers. Congrats to her!

Agreed. I was being glib there. It's just been a wild ride seeing how much heat she's gotten for everything.

Congrats to her.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/25/21 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving, Dream fans!
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QzOdfR5iWk8?feature=share" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/10/21 1:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still catching up on a few things, so a belated bravo from me to the Dream for this

https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1468716382632218628

PostPosted: 12/20/21 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soooo... do you offer Washington the #3 + Carter for the #1 if you're Atlanta? Otherwise, who do you pick if you keep the #3?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 12/20/21 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Atl is in a pretty good position

Probably draft Austin but either Austin or Hillmon could fit

They got a ton of cap so throw some hard to match contracts at Deshields and Hines-Allen (or Russell) and re-sign Sims, Billings and Dietrick on reasonable contracts

Carter/McDonald
Sims
Deshields/Dietrick
Hines-Allen/Billings
Ch. Parker/Austin

That is a decent starting point not a contender but enough to compete for the playoffs and young enough to build towards the future fill out the remaining spots with pick 14 and the waiver wire

Last edited by J-Spoon on 12/20/21 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/20/21 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Soooo... do you offer Washington the #3 + Carter for the #1 if you're Atlanta? Otherwise, who do you pick if you keep the #3?

Austin.

PostPosted: 12/20/21 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Austin.

Valid – although her shooting numbers have regressed a bit, and we're not even into the conference schedules yet. She also doesn't appear to have a 3PT shot, which Atlanta really needs. I'd feel a whole lot better about Austin as a prospect though if she would just make over 50% of her shots. Confused

Charli Collier had one at Texas, but Vickie Johnson in Dallas all but banned her from shooting out there. I'd love to see Collier get swapped for the #3 here; I think that'd be a fair trade for both sides. Doubt it happens though. Sad

pilight

PostPosted: 12/20/21 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

No!

Draft Shakira Austin

PostPosted: 12/20/21 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Austin.

Valid – although her shooting numbers have regressed a bit, and we're not even into the conference schedules yet. She also doesn't appear to have a 3PT shot, which Atlanta really needs. I'd feel a whole lot better about Austin as a prospect though if she would just make over 50% of her shots. Confused

Charli Collier had one at Texas, but Vickie Johnson in Dallas all but banned her from shooting out there. I'd love to see Collier get swapped for the #3 here; I think that'd be a fair trade for both sides. Doubt it happens though. Sad

If we gave Collier up for the #3 spot who would pick to replace her?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/20/21 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
If we gave Collier up for the #3 spot who would we pick to replace her?

Austin, as mentioned by those above. Seems like most everyone is high on her.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/21/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't actually seen enough of Austin to really have a 'feeling' about her. Her numbers aren't very impressive. Admittedly my 'rankings' are with fantasy game in mind rather than W potential, but I currently have her as #225 in the country in terms of her numbers. That's really really low for a top pick, especially considering her team to date has played quite a few weak teams. Their win today over SoFla is a good win of course, but even there her numbers aren't awe-inspiring.

Still I have to defer to those who have actually watched her play.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/21/21 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Austin's numbers are significantly down so far this year. Actually, a lot of players have seen a drop-off: Hillmon, Cunane, Joens are three others. Probably none as much as Austin. Shakira's numbers have always been all over the place. As a freshman, she had a lot of blocks. As a sophomore, her blocks total plunged but her points went way up. So, it's not primarily about the numbers. With Austin, it's the athleticism -- the fluid way she moves for a 6-5 player. She's also attempting to be a player with a complete game -- meaning passing, shooting, handling, etc. She isn't there yet by any means. However, Shakira seemingly took a big step forward last year. I haven't seen Austin yet this season, so I can't comment on why she's been struggling. Has her supporting cast changed? Are defenses focusing more on Austin? Or has she regressed on her own?

PostPosted: 12/21/21 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel McCoughtry's twitter feed has a series of videos of her and Chennedy Carter practicing, like this one...

https://twitter.com/angel_35/status/1473436355229368322

Quote:
Expecting great things out of this young kid!!

PostPosted: 12/23/21 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about #3 pick for Dearica Hamby?

Then you would have a lineup of
Carter/McDonald
Hayes (UFA)
McCoughtry (UFA)
Hamby (signed LVA $142K)
Parker (190K)

But Billings is pretty good and she’s a RFA, so maybe it would be better to pay her and keep the pick.

Hawkins is signed non-guaranteed at $144K. Relatively speaking, way too much for her. Let her go.

It’ll pain pilight to hear this, but they can probably let EWill go unless she’ll play off the bench for around 💯K. Sounds like she might be doing well in EuroLeague tho.

I was thinking money might be tight over at LVA if they pay Wilson max and Cambage mega-max, so maybe they’d consider a trade if the deal was right.

There seems to be this flow of LVA parts to ATL: GM, coach, likely McCoughtry. Hamby is also hanging out with McCoughtry in Georgia. 🤔

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: