RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 10/25/21 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
I am pleased as punch with my team right now!

For several years, at the end of the season, the coaches have said we really didn't need to make too many adjustments. But each year, we ended up falling short: injuries, falling apart in the clutch or a bone headed play. This year it all came together!

I'll leave it to those of you who follow WCBB and know more about the positions than I do (which doesn't take much). I enjoy reading that stuff! Very Happy

Why does that phrase remind me so much of the late former Vice President and U.S. Senator Hubert Humphrey? Laughing

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

For several years, at the end of the season, the coaches have said we really didn't need to make too many adjustments. But each year, we ended up falling short: injuries, falling apart in the clutch or a bone headed play. This year it all came together!

I'll leave it to those of you who follow WCBB and know more about the positions than I do (which doesn't take much). I enjoy reading that stuff! Very Happy

Why does that phrase remind me so much of the late former Vice President and U.S. Senator Hubert Humphrey? Laughing

You are going WAY back in time referencing V.P. Humphrey.😂

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:
So the door was cheap? Sounds like blaming the victim to me. Razz

Laughing Laughing

Doors, don't hit back.

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:
So the door was cheap? Sounds like blaming the victim to me. Razz

Laughing Laughing

Doors, don't hit back.

But ... Taurasi was just trying to break on through to the other side. Doors can't complain about that. They were asking for it!

PostPosted: 10/25/21 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
ChiSky54 wrote:

You are going WAY back in time referencing V.P. Humphrey.😂

Cool that y'all got that reference! Laughing

PostPosted: 10/26/21 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, references to Hubert Humphrey and The Doors (Jim Morrison). This is the OK Boomer thread. Smile

PostPosted: 10/31/21 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What does the future hold for Allie Quigley?

Quote:
In her exit interview, Quigley told Wade she’s only interested in playing for the Sky. The question for her is whether or not she is ready to retire.

PostPosted: 11/01/21 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
What does the future hold for Allie Quigley?

Quote:
In her exit interview, Quigley told Wade she’s only interested in playing for the Sky. The question for her is whether or not she is ready to retire.

Decisions, decisions. Sky management must put on their thinking hats to figure out how to fill their roster for 2022. They know they need to resign Copper and Sloot. The Quigley dilemma is another question. Would she want to play another year for the Sky for less money than she made her previous two seasons with the team? She might retire so the Sky need to figure out how to replace her. Decisions, decisions.

PostPosted: 11/07/21 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Vandersloot isn’t sounding the farewell alarm by any means, but after securing a title for the Sky, she’s open to the free-agency process and all that it entails."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2021/11/6/22759371/for-the-first-time-in-her-wnba-career-courtney-vandersloot-is-truly-a-free-agent

I love that she's allowing herself to be fully open to the process but I truly hope they can keep the "band" together at least one more year to run it back!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/07/21 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had a dream the other night that Kahleah Copper signed with the Fever. That was a nice dream.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/07/21 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I had a dream the other night that Kahleah Copper signed with the Fever. That was a nice dream.

IF that were to happen the Fever will still find a way to lose and be a lottery team.

PostPosted: 11/22/21 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know that the women's NCAA basketball season is still young yet, but I'm not feeling very enthusiastic about the 2022 draft class. Unless some seniors blow up and have a great season I would prefer that the Sky trade their 2022 first round pick for a 2023 first round pick. Getting two good players from this draft class will help build the team for the future.

PostPosted: 11/29/21 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago is in a pickle. With CP and AzurĂĄ locked in for 2022, I just can't see how they can re-sign all of the key contributors from the title team without one of them taking a team friendly discount, which I don't think neither should.

Who can Chicago go without?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/29/21 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Chicago is in a pickle. With CP and AzurĂĄ locked in for 2022, I just can't see how they can re-sign all of the key contributors from the title team without one of them taking a team friendly discount, which I don't think neither should.

Any unsigned player who wasn't in the starting lineup throughout the playoffs, afaic. Between Dolson, DeShields, Ndour-Fall, and Brown, who exactly from that group is simply irreplaceable? If the Sky can re-sign Sloot, Quigley, and Copper for at least one more go-round, they should still have enough money to fill out the rest of the roster (3 more spots) with minimum salaries. Their depth will most likely take a hit, but then, the team still only finished 6th anyway.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/30/21 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Any unsigned player who wasn't in the starting lineup throughout the playoffs, afaic. Between Dolson, DeShields, Ndour-Fall, and Brown, who exactly from that group is simply irreplaceable? If the Sky can re-sign Sloot, Quigley, and Copper for at least one more go-round, they should still have enough money to fill out the rest of the roster (3 more spots) with minimum salaries. Their depth will most likely take a hit, but then, the team still only finished 6th anyway.

I can give Dolson directions on the best way to get out of Chicago.

PostPosted: 12/01/21 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/TaylorRooks/status/1465842616487063561?s=20

Candace Parker talks in this vid about her snub from team USA and why she thinks she was left off.

Quote:
“I don’t like him, he doesn’t like me. We don’t like each other..”

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/01/21 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
https://twitter.com/TaylorRooks/status/1465842616487063561?s=20

Candace Parker talks in this vid about her snub from team USA and why she thinks she was left off.

Quote:
“I don’t like him, he doesn’t like me. We don’t like each other..”

I've been saying this for a while now: USA Basketball and their selection committee (at least for the women's team) is like a clique. If you're not part of that "in-group", or if Geno doesn't like you, or if you didn't attend a high-ranking school, or if you didn't go to UConn...you may as well forget about being on the Team USA in the Olympics. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 12/01/21 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More on the Parker interview.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/12/01/candace-parker-says-geno-auriemma-2016-usa-basketball-olympic-team/8829285002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
okstateguy

PostPosted: 12/02/21 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
"Vandersloot isn’t sounding the farewell alarm by any means, but after securing a title for the Sky, she’s open to the free-agency process and all that it entails."

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2021/11/6/22759371/for-the-first-time-in-her-wnba-career-courtney-vandersloot-is-truly-a-free-agent

I love that she's allowing herself to be fully open to the process but I truly hope they can keep the "band" together at least one more year to run it back!

I've always wandered if at some point they would live Quigley's home team and head back to Vandy's neck of the woods. Seems like if Bird retires, we could see her heading to Seattle

PostPosted: 12/02/21 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Part of me did wonder about the epic core-and-sign-and-trade of Sloot for Loyd, sending both of them 'home'. Doesn't seem completely insane...

PostPosted: 12/03/21 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Part of me did wonder about the epic core-and-sign-and-trade of Sloot for Loyd, sending both of them 'home'. Doesn't seem completely insane...

I think that would be a short term solution though. Sloot is 32 so how many more years is she going to play while Loyd is 28.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/03/21 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I think that would be a short term solution though. Sloot is 32 so how many more years is she going to play while Loyd is 28.

Yeah, I think if you're Seattle you only do it if Loyd tells you she wants to go to Chicago and you're trying to make the best out of that situation. As Bird has illustrated though, heady point guards can sometimes stick around for a long time.

PostPosted: 12/03/21 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I think that could be a great trade one that in the long term could be better for the Storm. There are a lot of moving parts and having a true point guard like Courtney Vandersloot could be more attractive to free agents than a more ball dominate scorer like Jewell Loyd, so in the long turn it could put the Storm in a better position by attracting key players moving forward. Of course time will tell, but I don't see as the "short term solution" you see it as just based on the age of the 2 players.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 12/04/21 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I read that Sloot article when it was first posted early last month. It made me sad because it opened up the possibility that her era in Skytown might be coming to an end. Crying or Very sad

My first WNBA game was during her rookie season and she was having a rough go that day. It seems true that PGs need that development time and someone with the ability to do it. Pokey's college coaching success didn't follow her to the pros, but she did have an eye for talent. Just also re-read the Quigley article. Both of the VanderQuigs have Pokey to thank for having that sense of what they could become and working to bring it out of them.

I'm a sentimental old coot, so the potential end of the era with these two - the only players still on the team from when I became an STH in 2013 - moving on or retiring is a bummer. Team loyalty isn't what it used to be. Let's hope Wade does a better job than Fisher last year when the latter's priority was to re-sign Parker! Razz

At least half of the trade that gained us Copper was definitely worth it! Dolson is so maddeningly inconsistent, but she still managed to earn a gold medal and a championship this year! Shocked Laughing She managed to make several clutch plays when it came down to the wire, when much of her performance had been trash.

Loyd would make me crazy because she is another player who fits the "When she's good, she's very, very good; but when she is bad, she is horrid!" mold, so I am not a fan of that discussion.

I have to begrudgingly give my props to Candace. I was not looking forward to the chronic whiner (we already had Dolson!). But her leadership and experience were apparently the missing pieces we needed, even though she also was wildly inconsistent. And her demeanor seemed to make a subtle change as well.

I am still pleased as punch with my team! Laughing I hope that we make the right moves so we can repeat in 2022!!! Cool

PostPosted: 12/14/21 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://people.com/parents/candace-parker-expecting-second-child/

Wow! 2 years!! Helluva long time to keep something like this under wraps. Congrats CP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: