84%
 84%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 19

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/19/21 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
tfan wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

And yet, Copper still took the time to tweet out how much respect she has for DT. The animosity y’all so badly seem to want toward DT is super one-sided. No one within the league seems to have anything negative to say. Makes you think, maybe? 🤔

Years ago Delisha Milton-Jones was running down the court for the Mystics and looking to the side and Taurasi slid in front of her and threw her shoulder into Milton-Jones and leveled her. Milton-Jones was livid and had to be heavily restrained by her teammates. I later saw an interview where Milton-Jones was asked about her favorite players to play against and her first response was Taurasi. Neither that or Copper's tweet is going to cause me to change my opinion about Taurasi and her cheap shots and bullying. If the players can respect, enjoy or admire that type of play or overlook it, that's good for them because they have to experience it, not me.

it is a 2-way street, not that DT does or doesn't deserve it, but she's been man (woman)-handled since her junior year at UConn. its the way refs have let people play against her - i am sure this has to do with her style of play.

This.

And it contributes significantly to her annoyance with the refs.

Is she supposed to just take it?

PostPosted: 10/19/21 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D4whF4WbEjI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 10/19/21 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
tfan wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

And yet, Copper still took the time to tweet out how much respect she has for DT. The animosity y’all so badly seem to want toward DT is super one-sided. No one within the league seems to have anything negative to say. Makes you think, maybe? 🤔

Years ago Delisha Milton-Jones was running down the court for the Mystics and looking to the side and Taurasi slid in front of her and threw her shoulder into Milton-Jones and leveled her. Milton-Jones was livid and had to be heavily restrained by her teammates. I later saw an interview where Milton-Jones was asked about her favorite players to play against and her first response was Taurasi. Neither that or Copper's tweet is going to cause me to change my opinion about Taurasi and her cheap shots and bullying. If the players can respect, enjoy or admire that type of play or overlook it, that's good for them because they have to experience it, not me.

it is a 2-way street, not that DT does or doesn't deserve it, but she's been man (woman)-handled since her junior year at UConn. its the way refs have let people play against her - i am sure this has to do with her style of play.

This.

I've been saying this. She takes heavy contact on almost every single possession and coming off every single screen. it's disguised by this idea that someone is playing good "defense"

Allie Quigley gets one minute of this treatment and elbows someone in the face twice.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/19/21 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky brought the broken door to their championship rally

PostPosted: 10/19/21 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is a live feed of the rally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UvP4GQFT4s&ab_channel=ABC7Chicago

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/19/21 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

LOL! I like that!!!

PostPosted: 10/19/21 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
pilight wrote:

LOL! I like that!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 10/19/21 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Phoenix Mercury fined "$10,000 for violating league rules governing postgame media interview access."

The fine results from Mercury players not participating in Sunday's postgame media availability following Game 4 of the WNBA Finals.

PostPosted: 10/19/21 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought it was posted here that it was in the CBA that players didn't have to appear before the media? What are the grounds for the fine?

PostPosted: 10/19/21 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
pilight wrote:

LOL! I like that!!!

Doors, don't hit back.

PostPosted: 10/19/21 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
I thought it was posted here that it was in the CBA that players didn't have to appear before the media? What are the grounds for the fine?

Yes, I read that elsewhere on this thread as well.

PostPosted: 10/19/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
...it is a 2-way street, not that DT does or doesn't deserve it, but she's been man (woman)-handled since her junior year at UConn. its the way refs have let people play against her - i am sure this has to do with her style of play.

This.

Now, doesn't THIS beg the question: How does Diana get to be the leading poster woman/Ambassador for foul grievances, and the leading target of referee indifference? Razz I'd say she puts some effort into cultivating that illusion.

I mean, I usta hate on her, but when you know more about her *style*, and how genuinely nice she is (same for D-nasty) you realize that maybe - just maaybe - some of it is her attempt to bring color to The Game? I really didn't like the time when it 'appeared' as though she pulled a dirty move that ended up in Seimone's ACL tear. Love her or hate her, she will be talked about. Shocked

PostPosted: 10/19/21 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
pilight wrote:

LOL! I like that!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

On Around The Horn one of the panelists compared it to Dirk Nowitzki throwing a trash can hard enough to put a hole in the wall of Oracle Arena in 2007. The Warriors never fixed that hole, they put a piece of plexiglass over it and hung a championship T-Shirt over it. Nowitzki later signed the plexiglass.

PostPosted: 10/19/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

[img],g[/img]

That door cost $51.86 at Home Depot.
Laughing Laughing

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 10/19/21 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Maybe the CBA only protects the players from getting fined? Not sure.

SCook

PostPosted: 10/20/21 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
tfan wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

This.

I've been saying this. She takes heavy contact on almost every single possession and coming off every single screen. it's disguised by this idea that someone is playing good "defense"

Allie Quigley gets one minute of this treatment and elbows someone in the face twice.

I believe Quigley is a dirty player. My opinion. I saw her come through the lane in Game 2 or 3 and elbow Diana for no reason. I chuckled at the no call and my sister's look of disbelief.

However, the physicality is not an excuse. BG takes more contact than any player in this league and everyone was moaning and groaning about BG not being "tough enough" "strong enough" "poised enough" "mature enough". Diana has played in this league for almost 20 years. At some point, the excuses have to stop. No way would you all be making these comments if BG was cursing out refs and complaining about no calls. Hell, Skylar doesn't even get the same grace and I'm certain that when CP3 says something to the refs, there are comments about her complaining too.

No player should get beaten up and the refs are supposed to keep things from getting out of hand, however, let's not act like Diana doesn't give as good as she gets. And let's not act like we haven't seen Diana get frustrated with the physicality and use it to fuel her to win games. In this case, she fell apart.

PostPosted: 10/20/21 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
tfan wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

This.

I believe Quigley is a dirty player. My opinion. I saw her come through the lane in Game 2 or 3 and elbow Diana for no reason. I chuckled at the no call and my sister's look of disbelief.

However, the physicality is not an excuse. BG takes more contact than any player in this league and everyone was moaning and groaning about BG not being "tough enough" "strong enough" "poised enough" "mature enough". Diana has played in this league for almost 20 years. At some point, the excuses have to stop. No way would you all be making these comments if BG was cursing out refs and complaining about no calls. Hell, Skylar doesn't even get the same grace and I'm certain that when CP3 says something to the refs, there are comments about her complaining too.

No player should get beaten up and the refs are supposed to keep things from getting out of hand, however, let's not act like Diana doesn't give as good as she gets. And let's not act like we haven't seen Diana get frustrated with the physicality and use it to fuel her to win games. In this case, she fell apart.

I would actually like to see Griner get more pissed off at the contact she takess. She would score about 35 a game if she got in the officials heads the way others do. It's harder for bigs because they can't make contact look as pretty and they sure as hell don't fall on the ground the way guards do (unless your name is Stephanie Dolson)

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/21/21 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CHI should make a monument out of that door... Mr. Green

Put it on a stand like the Monolith in the movie 2001, then have Taurasi autograph it next year when she comes to town for the rematch Idea Razz

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/22/21 5:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
tfan wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

This.

If you think Quigley is a dirty player then what does that make Taurasi? Laughing
I have been a fan of Taurasi for years but to call out Quigley for being a dirty player out of all players is laughable IMO

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 10/22/21 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
tfan wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

This.

If you think Quigley is a dirty player then what does that make Taurasi? Laughing
I have been a fan of Taurasi for years but to call out Quigley for being a dirty player out of all players is laughable IMO

My thoughts exactly. Thing is is that I love Taurasi. It seems like her affect on non-players around her is what drives me crazy. She can handle her energy, others, including the refs cannot.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/25/21 5:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:
tfan wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

This.

My thoughts exactly. Thing is is that I love Taurasi. It seems like her affect on non-players around her is what drives me crazy. She can handle her energy, others, including the refs cannot.

I think the refs are allowing a lot of her 'energy' in the WNBA. Overseas in the Euroleague she would be T ed up for the first FUCK YOU to a ref and rightfully so..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 10/30/21 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/GalPalSports/status/1454135274208956416

Quote:
This year, we decided to go as a new chapter in #WNBA lore: Diana Taurasi, and the @ChicagoSky rally door.

PostPosted: 10/30/21 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/GalPalSports/status/1454135274208956416

Quote:
This year, we decided to go as a new chapter in #WNBA lore: Diana Taurasi, and the @ChicagoSky rally door.

Laughing Love it!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: