RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/22/21 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The love for Allen really threw me. She’s feasible as a PG because she does not turn it over , but what else can she do? D-Rob at least evolved her game to become a penetrator and a great ball handler in the pros aka All star!!

I doubt anyone will trade for DRob at her guaranteed salary, so you don’t have to worry about her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/22/21 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

realistic

pretty much already said

Indy gets the #1 pick drafts Howard hopes she is the missing piece roles it back with the current team as well as second first round pick #10 from Minny and maybe a mid level free agent they over pay

Robinson/Allen/Gondrezick
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
R. Howard/Vivians
Lavender/Perry
McCowan/Cannon

12th spot free agent, Chagas, Hatar, 2nd round pick

less realistic but fun

get #1 pick and bring in Belgian connection

Allemand/Robinson/Allen or Gondrezick
K. Mitchell/T. Mitchell
R. Howard/Vivians
Meesseman/Perry/pick 10
McCowan/Lavender

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/22/21 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Couple things:

1) Catchings/Stanley shouldn’t be so quick to include Lindsay Allen in next year’s plans. She may be a restricted free agent, but if she says she doesn’t want to come back, they’ll have to let her go one way or another. And why would Allen want to stick around on a team like this? Especially if Allemand returns and renders Allen a 3rd-string PG. I don’t see Allen returning unless Allemand isn’t on the team again next year and they give Allen a little more financial incentive to stay (being a halfway decent PG in this League ain’t easy).

2) If Lauren Cox could be waived halfway through her second year (which remains inexplicable & inexcusable to me), there’s no reason why Catchings/Stanley can’t waive Gondrezick & Aaliyah Wilson before free agency. They were terrible 1RPs to begin with – especially Gondrezick with all the baggage she brings. I’m just gonna assume they’re both gone, if not before training camp then at least by the end of it. *Sigh*… Indiana’s wasted youth continues, which doesn’t exactly bode well for whoever they pick in the first round next year.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/02/21 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan and DRob are playing together in Orman Spor in Turkey.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dreamfan11

PostPosted: 10/05/21 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it time for a new GM?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/05/21 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
Is it time for a new GM?

Haha. Are you trying to throw Indiana under the bus to take the heat off the Atlanta thread?

Well played.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/05/21 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To answer your question, eh, does it really matter?

Because of the way that talent is dispersed in this league and the salary cap structure, how much is truly the result of a good / bad GM?

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 10/05/21 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Because of the way that talent is dispersed in this league and the salary cap structure, how much is truly the result of a good / bad GM?

Smile

But curious - reading through this thread, the picks the last few years have been questionable for sure based on who was still available on the board. Then again, I do not know if the coach has a say or not, or even ownership. But thanks for noticing the redirect!
Quote:

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/05/21 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Smile

But curious - reading through this thread, the picks the last few years have been questionable for sure based on who was still available on the board. Then again, I do not know if the coach has a say or not, or even ownership. But thanks for noticing the redirect!
Quote:

Having a good GM DOES matter! Catch as made some HUGE blunders and should be held accountable. With better picks, Indy could easily have finished a LOT higher. Instead we have a franchise buried in mediocrity year after year, when those high picks could have changed the entire dynamic of this team.

If others are responsible for the picks, then what's the point of having a GM? Do they have a VP, whose job is to undermine the GM in putting together a roster that can win more games?

~rAf
Queenie

PostPosted: 10/06/21 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One presumes a better GM would not use the #4 pick to make the sort of reach one normally needs the wingspan of DeLisha Milton-Jones to achieve. See also Richyyy's point about throwing vast sums of money at middling older players with injury histories.

PostPosted: 10/06/21 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
One presumes a better GM would not use the #4 pick to make the sort of reach one normally needs the wingspan of DeLisha Milton-Jones to achieve. See also Richyyy's point about throwing vast sums of money at middling older players with injury histories.

And using the No. 3 pick the year before on a player she waived after only 25 games.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/07/21 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I said in the free agent thread:

Are CWill and Bradford a couple? Just thinking...the two of them together would instantly make Indiana into a real team. Add in the draft pick and they should be off and running.

adamj95

PostPosted: 10/07/21 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can see it both ways, as much of a mess Indiana is, why would they take this risk with CW? But then again, it's Catchings and her record as GM isnt good...

PostPosted: 10/07/21 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Are CWill and Bradford a couple? Just thinking...the two of them together would instantly make Indiana into a real team. Add in the draft pick and they should be off and running.

No. They are not.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/07/21 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
myrtle wrote:

No. They are not.

Indy is one of the relatively few teams that has enough cap space to add an expensive FA to their roster.

https://herhoopstats.com/salary-cap-sheet/wnba/team/indiana-fever-11eaecc7-3565-c004-b611-2362f5011b0b/

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/17/21 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
[Stef Dolson's] size + ability to shoot the three is enough to make me think she would be a good fit for what NY is trying to do. It's not that complicated sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

She is slower than average (regardless of how in-shape she is – she’s simply a player who doesn’t have quickness, per se) and isn’t athletic, so combined with her 6-5 stature, really I’m just not sure if she’s what Kolb & Hop would be looking for, despite the pluses she brings on offense (shooting, passing, and most consistently, screening).

The other thing is, in terms of both $$$ and years, what would her contract be? I have no clue. And no, I don’t think she’d work for anything both too cheap (below, say, $130k) and limited in years (1-2). Maybe $120-140k for 3 years, or $150-170k for 1-2 years? Maybe? Or maybe she does take a $130k 2-year deal if it’s with her local-ish Liberty team. I really can’t even begin to predict what the next contract with whichever team she chooses will look like.

This is all valid. Most importantly though, just keep [Dolson] away from the teams I'm rooting for. Laughing My dislike aside, she definitely has skills to contribute somewhere.

Well... I hate to say it, but I honestly have thought about the Fever as an option for Dolson. Laughing Laughing Laughing Marianne Stanley I'm sure was part of Dolson's development process back when both of them were in the Mystics' organization. And (this is like the 100th time I've remembered this lmao) Stanley has said she wanted to run more of a 5-out system – maybe she'll actually be serious about implementing it in Year 3? – so especially if Jessica Breland doesn't re-sign, I can absolutely see Stanley bringing Dolson into the fold if the money's right – especially if the Fever strike out in trying to sign Emma Meesseman. (In that case, I hope Dolson makes the enjoyment she's currently getting out of her one title last a looooong time!)

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/17/21 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
[Stef Dolson's] size + ability to shoot the three is enough to make me think she would be a good fit for what NY is trying to do. It's not that complicated sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

She is slower than average (regardless of how in-shape she is – she’s simply a player who doesn’t have quickness, per se) and isn’t athletic, so combined with her 6-5 stature, really I’m just not sure if she’s what Kolb & Hop would be looking for, despite the pluses she brings on offense (shooting, passing, and most consistently, screening).

The other thing is, in terms of both $$$ and years, what would her contract be? I have no clue. And no, I don’t think she’d work for anything both too cheap (below, say, $130k) and limited in years (1-2). Maybe $120-140k for 3 years, or $150-170k for 1-2 years? Maybe? Or maybe she does take a $130k 2-year deal if it’s with her local-ish Liberty team. I really can’t even begin to predict what the next contract with whichever team she chooses will look like.

This is all valid. Most importantly though, just keep [Dolson] away from the teams I'm rooting for. Laughing My dislike aside, she definitely has skills to contribute somewhere.

Well... I hate to say it, but I honestly have thought about the Fever as an option for Dolson. Laughing Laughing Laughing Marianne Stanley I'm sure was part of Dolson's development process back when both of them were in the Mystics' organization. And (this is like the 100th time I've remembered this lmao) Stanley has said she wanted to run more of a 5-out system – maybe she'll actually be serious about implementing it in Year 3? – so especially if Jessica Breland doesn't re-sign, I can absolutely see Stanley bringing Dolson into the fold if the money's right – especially if the Fever strike out in trying to sign Emma Meesseman. (In that case, I hope Dolson makes the enjoyment she's currently getting out of her one title last a looooong time!)

*trying my hardest to pretend this wasn't just posted* Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 10/18/21 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

*trying my hardest to pretend this wasn't just posted* Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Noooooooo. Embarassed Laughing Sorry!! Honestly, Dolson could sign darn near anywhere. I'm just throwing out ideas. I don't think there's any one place that's necessarily the likeliest to sign her, unless she has a real desire to return to her home state.

If anything, the Fever signs someone worse than Dolson. Razz Razz Razz But hey, maybe they don't! So many fun possibilities here in the W's offseason! Very Happy

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/18/21 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

It makes sense. Catchings is trying to build a team around players who were borderline all-stars seven-ish years ago. She would fit right in.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/22/21 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A message, posted on Twitter here, from Kysre Gondrezick:

"This past year has been a journey. Over the course of [the] last several months, my life has become very still. I needed undivided attention on myself and my creator. My mental health was at a high risk as I was under a lot of stress coping with my own personal silence of traumas. After losing my father, the pressure began to mount for what I considered my job as a facet of grieving, I wasn't present to the idea of efficiently knowing how to cope. I was so happy and proud of reaching one of my personal goals of playing in the WNBA, yet I lost sight of his presence, my focus, and ultimately, the fun in the game.

As I began to take notice of the change within myself and basketball, during the time I looked forward to over the WNBA Olympic Break, I realized that my mental imbalance couldn't allow me to find the joy in rest and recovery. Instead, I didn't know how to be still, and I didn't have enough strength to get up. I was unable to identify these many emotions and I immediately sought help. For the last five months, I placed a pause on my social life and additional activities to get the help and support for my mental health and well-being. I have done a lot of inner work with the understanding that the process will and forever continue.

Today, I am better as a person and am absolutely comfortable in my own skin. I have given myself grace in making my own choices, free of judgment and without guilt over what is best for me. For many years, I worried more about what others thought of me and my decisions. I realize now that prioritizing my mental health was the most important lesson of all to move past unlearned behaviors that caused continued pain and trauma. I am thankful that God has blessed me with time, the right people, and grace throughout this journey. Thank you to everyone for your support, thoughts and prayers. It has not gone unnoticed."

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/24/21 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

good that she is apparently getting the help she needs.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 12/01/21 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever Add IUPUI Legend Carlos Knox to Coaching Staff

https://fever.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-add-carlos-knox-to-coaching-staff/

Quote:
“We are excited to welcome Carlos back to the Fever family. He has a wealth of experience on both the college and professional levels that will be an invaluable asset to our coaching staff,” Fever Head Coach Marianne Stanley said. “His track record in helping players develop their skills to maximize their full potential will be a great benefit to our team.”

PostPosted: 12/19/21 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem for Indiana with getting the #2 Pick is, assuming the keeper of the #1 Pick takes Rhyne Howard, NaLyssa Smith won't be able to contribute as a desperately-needed 3PT floor spacer from the 4 spot. While they at least avoided receiving the dreaded #3 Pick, they could really benefit from infusing some 3PT talent into their roster. But that'll now have to get addressed during free agency, cuz they better not use that as an excuse to draft someone other than Smith.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/20/21 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
The problem for Indiana with getting the #2 Pick is, assuming the keeper of the #1 Pick takes Rhyne Howard, NaLyssa Smith won't be able to contribute as a desperately-needed 3PT floor spacer from the 4 spot. While they at least avoided receiving the dreaded #3 Pick, they could really benefit from infusing some 3PT talent into their roster. But that'll now have to get addressed during free agency, cuz they better not use that as an excuse to draft someone other than Smith.

They will draft Joens. The Stranger Things opening theme music is playing in the background.😄

PostPosted: 12/20/21 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Washington's roster is expensive they will have to make some tough decision and will still struggle to get to 11 players. If they are not in love with Howard maybe Indy could swap #2 and #10 for #1 might work. Washington gets two rookie deals for the price of one, Smith seems like a better fit with EDD than Howard does. I could also see Mike T liking Joens at 2 and going post at 10.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: