Mercury
43%
 43%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 32

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/15/21 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
per the rulebook, at least.

What is the penalty for intentionally wrapping your arm around a players neck?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
chamomile1800

PostPosted: 10/15/21 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taurasi haters crying she is playing Game 3 Laughing

People feeling like they’re woke for calling out racism but then erasing Taurasi’s Latina identity Laughing

Parker being celebrated by some as their GOAT and her disappearing in the game’s biggest moments Laughing

PostPosted: 10/15/21 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

A tech or a flagrant.

PostPosted: 10/15/21 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

A tech or a flagrant.

So you're saying that Copper's should have been called a flagrant foul? 1 or 2?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 10/15/21 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Diana has been fined $2,500 for the incident.

https://twitter.com/ESPN_WomenHoop/status/1448844376453623813?s=20

I really didn't think the league would do anything, but fining her that measly amount is even worse. Sky blows the Mercury out without Diana and that's not good for the ratings, so I get it.

But can we all at least acknowledge that Taurasi is above the rules and is being shown clear favoritism? It doesn't get more blatant than this.

She gets her own personal rulebook. Very Happy

Well, as usual the league office is reactionary... Leadership conveniently hides under the radar until issues rise to the surface. Media members were picking up on the stream, and wondering why it wasn't adjudicated in the actual game.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/15/21 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

I really didn't think the league would do anything, but fining her that measly amount is even worse. Sky blows the Mercury out without Diana and that's not good for the ratings, so I get it.

But can we all at least acknowledge that Taurasi is above the rules and is being shown clear favoritism? It doesn't get more blatant than this.

Well, as usual the league office is reactionary... Leadership conveniently hides under the radar until issues rise to the surface. Media members were picking up on the stream, and wondering why it wasn't adjudicated in the actual game.

The rule says INTENTNIONALLY. Do you really think that DT's INTENT was to push a ref in a playoff game?

pilight

PostPosted: 10/15/21 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She brazenly made contact with an official again before Game 3

PostPosted: 10/16/21 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
She brazenly made contact with an official again before Game 3

Laughing

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/16/21 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, in front of God and everybody! Laughing

I do believe Copper should have gotten a tech. The sealer was jumping up and staring down Cunningham, which may have been as a result of something that was said in the heat of the moment. Cunningham's rep precedes her!

DT is gonna DT. Why she felt the need to push the ref is puzzling when it seemed the ref was trying to protect Cunningham (who I believe is her own bodyguard! Laughing). $2,500 is an insult of a fine and if rules are rules for everyone, Taurasi should have been suspended for a game. Guess the superstar rules are in a different book. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 10/16/21 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:

Taurasi should have been suspended for a game.

Why?

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/16/21 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

The rule says INTENTNIONALLY. Do you really think that DT's INTENT was to push a ref in a playoff game?

yes! It's very clear in the video...at least to everyone except you.

SCook

PostPosted: 10/16/21 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Yep, in front of God and everybody! Laughing

I do believe Copper should have gotten a tech. The sealer was jumping up and staring down Cunningham, which may have been as a result of something that was said in the heat of the moment. Cunningham's rep precedes her!

DT is gonna DT. Why she felt the need to push the ref is puzzling when it seemed the ref was trying to protect Cunningham (who I believe is her own bodyguard! Laughing). $2,500 is an insult of a fine and if rules are rules for everyone, Taurasi should have been suspended for a game. Guess the superstar rules are in a different book. Rolling Eyes

Your team won in a blowout and this is what's most important. The league didn't suspend her and it didn't change the outcome of the game. Isn't that a win?

PostPosted: 10/16/21 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

yes! It's very clear in the video...at least to everyone except you.

Apparently you've never been so focused on doing something, that what is on the periphery isn't even noticed.

I have, so maybe that's why it makes sense to me that she didn't even realize it was a ref.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/16/21 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re: my "DT should have been ejected" comment:

I am not trying to start an argument or elevate the importance now that what's done is done. I am just late stating my opinion on the subject after others did who also seem to agree that the league should be consistent about following its own rules. It's a shame that the social media response forced their hand; guess they wouldn't have done anything otherwise.

I agree that DT was probably reacting in the heat of the moment, and as a result wasn't going to let anyone - even a ref - get in the way of her checking on her teammate. But she did push a person - who happened to be a ref - not once but twice.

When the ref collided with Ndour two years ago, she was ejected from the game immediately, so it follows in my mind that some similar action would have happened here. Fortunately, the tech and suspension were rescinded in that case, but who knows how that may have impacted the outcome of that game against the Mystics (frankly, probably not much Rolling Eyes) since it happened near the end of the second quarter.

I don't remember seeing this part of the Ndour story before:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-chicago-sky-techinical-foul-referee-astou-ndour-20190909-67o3eutkgvbn7aqrfemls7f4vi-story.html

Quote:
After the game, Sky coach James Wade blamed the incident on a misunderstanding and a language barrier for Ndour, a native of Senegal.

"She’s a sweetheart. If you know her, you’ll know that she didn’t mean any ill will,” Wade said. “One of the issues is it’s good to know when you have a player that doesn’t really speak English and wants to get your attention. Sometimes the next thing is going to be touching.

“He was walking in her path and she just touched him and said, ‘Hey, look.’ I know you can’t do that, but if you know the person, you’d probably second-guess about kicking her out of the game. That hurts the player morale when all they want to do is talk and they have a problem with the language barrier anyway.”

PostPosted: 10/16/21 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky beat The Mercury bad.

" Ball Don't Lie "

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/17/21 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just think it's funny how, after continued relevance of this thread showcased by the several pages of discussion it's composed of, that the title error hasn't been corrected and it still takes place in 2031. Rolling Eyes

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/17/21 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I just think it's funny how, after continued relevance of this thread showcased by the several pages of discussion it's composed of, that the title error hasn't been corrected and it still takes place in 2031. Rolling Eyes

I've kind of liked seeing 10/13/31. Makes me think of the future of the WNBA and what it might bring. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: