Mercury
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Sky
76%
 76%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 26

Shades

PostPosted: 10/08/21 1:41 am    ::: Mercury @ Sky - 10/15/21 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs Finals - Game 3
Chicago, IL - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/a4a3fe50-8f92-4ad6-a528-3fcc55f70835#bucketId=1

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/mercury-at-sky-on-10152021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20211015/PHOCHI/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401370397

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 10/14/21 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Tally24

PostPosted: 10/09/21 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just booked my flight and bought my ticket! LFG
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/09/21 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:

Jealous. I have preexisting plans this weekend or else I'd be trying to go to one of these games.

Have a blast!

Tally24

PostPosted: 10/09/21 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Jealous. I have preexisting plans this weekend or else I'd be trying to go to one of these games.

Have a blast!

Thank you! Haven’t been to a game since the days of the Silver Stars 👀
pilight

PostPosted: 10/10/21 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/1447248662111739907

Quote:
Cathy Engelbert just announced the league will be covering the cost of charter flights for both the Sky and Mercury when they travel back to Chicago for Game 3.

PostPosted: 10/10/21 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/1447248662111739907

Quote:
Cathy Engelbert just announced the league will be covering the cost of charter flights for both the Sky and Mercury when they travel back to Chicago for Game 3.

As it should be!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/10/21 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just bought my tickets to the game. After all of these years, it will be my first WNBA play-off game. So excited!!

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/10/21 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was there in 2014 when we got swept - the one home game that had to be held at the UIC Pavilion because something else was already booked at Allstate Arena. It was my second year as an STH.

Interesting that there are only two players on each team that were in that series - Sloot and Allie, Griner and Taurasi.

I am so excited and hope we can finish them off on Friday night! It'll be tough - Phx will make adjustments and Cunningham will be back.

As long as we can stay focused, be less passive and grab more o-boards, convert more steals into points, make all of our FTs, stop Diamond from making layups, take care of the ball, keep up the disruptive defensive play and avoid stupid fouls, we should be good! Is that too much to ask? Laughing

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many Diggins-Smith (and Turner) fans will be in the building?

I gotta think South Bend is showing out.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/13/21 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
How many Diggins-Smith (and Turner) fans will be in the building?

I gotta think South Bend is showing out.

Just look for the lime green shirts!!

The late start time might be a problem though. A lot of there fans might not drive after dark. Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/14/21 6:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the league decides to follow their rules DT will be suspend for gm 3.

F. Physical Contact-Suspension

Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 10/14/21 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

Any player or coach guilty of intentional physical contact with an official shall automatically be suspended without pay for one game. A fine and/or longer period of suspension will result if circumstances so dictate.

That's entirely fair. You cannot have players shoving referees. It will say a lot about the league if they let this go without doing anything.

PostPosted: 10/14/21 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

That's entirely fair. You cannot have players shoving referees. It will say a lot about the league if they let this go without doing anything.

I'll make you a deal. Suspend her for the first half. She only shows up in the 4th anyway. 8 Laughing

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/14/21 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When did she shove the referee, or are you all taking things out of context?

Edit: oh, I see - y’all want an advantage after Copper’s dirty play on Cunningham. If DT has to sit out a game for that, so shouldn’t Copper. She could have been ejected for that play.

PostPosted: 10/14/21 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
When did she shove the referee, or are you all taking things out of context?

Edit: oh, I see - y’all want an advantage after Copper’s dirty play on Cunningham. If DT has to sit out a game for that, so shouldn’t Copper. She could have been ejected for that play.

This. As I stated in the other thread, Copper was the issue on that play. Just let it be at this point. It would be highway robbery if Copper is playing in game 3 and DT isn’t.

But just like LeBron, Taurasi is the ticket. Suspending her hurts the league more than it helps.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/14/21 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

Players have certainly been punished for less.

If a player can get two games for swearing, contact with a ref ought to merit at least one. Wink

PostPosted: 10/14/21 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edited because I’m trying to choose peace this morning. :
bryan_february_

PostPosted: 10/14/21 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:

The aggressiveness by Copper was definitely worthy of a T (and I'm surprised she didn't get one, both her and Cunningham actually), but it's disingenuous to act like her actions were on the same level as shoving an official.

PostPosted: 10/14/21 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

The aggressiveness by Copper was definitely worthy of a T (and I'm surprised she didn't get one, both her and Cunningham actually), but it's disingenuous to act like her actions were on the same level as shoving an official.

But they didn’t call the T. I think that if the official really felt some type of way about the push, she would have ejected her on the spot. I think Taurasi was coming over to say “hey, I got her, I got her.” And Flores was like “bet, I don’t get paid enough to break up a farm girl and Philly girl fight.”

Anyway, I read that Courtney left the game in a boot on her left foot. I’m hoping it’s just cramp-related, but I also don’t know if I’ve ever seen a boot be used like that before? I want everyone healthy and available when I’m in the building tomorrow!
root_thing

PostPosted: 10/14/21 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happened to Diamond DeShields? She's like Inspector Clouseau bumbling around out there. DD needs to make some shots (that count) and stop falling down on defense. Wade said she'd be the x-factor favoring Chicago. So far, Diamond is helping Phoenix more than the Sky.

PostPosted: 10/14/21 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
What happened to Diamond DeShields? She's like Inspector Clouseau bumbling around out there. DD needs to make some shots (that count) and stop falling down on defense. Wade said she'd be the x-factor favoring Chicago. So far, Diamond is helping Phoenix more than the Sky.

Honestly, some team is going to get lucky with her lessened value as I think a change of scenery will do wonders for her game. She clearly isn't confident at the moment.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/14/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

She's a head case and always has been

PostPosted: 10/14/21 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

So sad, but true.

PostPosted: 10/14/21 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

Players have certainly been punished for less.

If a player can get two games for swearing, contact with a ref ought to merit at least one. Wink
Wait who got suspended for swearing?

If DT gets suspended & Phx lose I know Mercury fans gonna use that as a excuse but the same time Im tired of seeing DT bad behaviour being dismissed.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/14/21 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Wait who got suspended for swearing?.

Diana Taurasi did, in 2007 Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: