RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Renee Montgomery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamfan11

PostPosted: 10/07/21 10:40 am    ::: Renee Montgomery Reply Reply with quote

Is a joke of an "owner", as is the entire new ownership group. Fans, but not leaders with any sports business knowledge. We have weathered enough over the years as fans and now this self-serving, attention grabbing former player - who does everything to promote herself, her gf (see their pop-up merchandise photoshoot and multiple anthem-singing opportunities for Dream and Hawks) and her own causes - wants to cry innocence and say they believe in players and believe in women and therefore, they let it go? Chennedy Carter is a player and a woman who was suspended without pay for a verbal altercation. Hmmmm. Double standard? Think she wants to come back? I am guessing not based on the post below. Take the fall Renee since you are clearly the "face" of the team - don't blame others. You will not always be right in life, love or business. Don't alienate your team. Why not let a new coach and GM (or coach/GM) make the decision on what is best for the team...sign and trades? Get draft picks? Now, there is zero value for either player for this franchise. Great work Renee! You are an amazing leader, as is Suzy and Larry - what did the former owners and league see in you? Money from Larry and a former player with no business experience. Let's face facts - everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon of a former female player "owning a team". It is a great story, but there is no meat on the bones, so it is just that - a story. As fans, we want results, not stories. And ultimately, this has been the worst run team EVER in the history of the W, (except maybe for the one Kathy Betty year)! I am not going to any more games - I have given 10+ years and can't do it any longer. I am DONE! (mic drop)

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/32351510/co-owner-renee-montgomery-says-atlanta-dream-initially-know-magnitude-situation-courtney-williams-crystal-bradford?platform=amp

https://justwomenssports.com/chennedy-carter-hints-at-frustration-with-dream-in-cryptic-tweet/

pilight

PostPosted: 10/07/21 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I appreciate her enthusiasm. She's not remotely prepared to be the public face of an ownership group.

PostPosted: 10/07/21 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I appreciate her enthusiasm. She's not remotely prepared to be the public face of an ownership group.

Or a talking head on two different shows for the league.

How did she land all of these roles seemingly overnight?

I really feel like current owners and players (goes for Chiney too) shouldn't be media covering the league.

Clearly she means well and has the potential but might be better suited to grow into one of of many roles.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/07/21 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, do we really need 4 different threads to essentially bash Renee? There's plenty to criticize but this is overboard.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/07/21 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Also, do we really need 4 different threads to essentially bash Renee? There's plenty to criticize but this is overboard.

Took the words out my mouth. Literally we get it shes not the favorite right now . We dont need 4 different threads to describe that . Take it the the ATL dream thread please Smile

PostPosted: 10/07/21 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Renee and her enthusiasm.
I do think I liked her better as a commentator, but she’s actually entertaining.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: