RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Off the list, but somehow on the South Lawn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 12/01/09 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:
Just because the Kennedys supported him and campaigned for him that's exploiting? That seems a harsh word to describe what took place.

No, caune. That's not what I'm saying. The spirit of Camelot (young prez, pretty wife, cute, young children, new hope, new dream, blahblahblah), THAT's what was being exploited.

So he shoulda gone gray, had his wife get an ugly haircut, age his children and say the last 8 years had been GREAT Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 12/01/09 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
She could have smeared something on his skin and killed him. . .

umm, people who were invited could have done that too.
Some guy on TV said, "well she could have grabbed a knofe from the table and stabbed the President"...yeah and so could anyone else there with access to a knife in the room, do we ban knifes in his presence?

UMM? Those INVITED people are SCREENED, VETTED, KNOWN ENTITIES, most of them major power players. Yeah, uh, I guess by that thinking any Secret Service agent or even his own kids could probably attack the president. Except that they WOULDN'T. And people who are of no account who dare to find a way to sneak into the event uninvited are precisely WHO might actually attempt something. Except that assassins probably wouldn't try something with this sort of a failure rate. At least they wouldn't have before this incident. Now, who KNOWS? Most people can't pull off sneaking into a real good party or nightclub. Awards shows are pretty much impossible. Security is TIGHT. But for the President and the First Lady at the White House? I'm sorry, I just have to leave this topic alone. No wonder you guys are all cursing at each other. lol! This to me is WORSE than if they'd gotten through the airspace defenses and buzzed the inaugural ceremony with a private jet painted black with a fucking picture of Osama bin Laden on the fuselage. These people need to BURN.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
I think this country is still somewhat fucked up over Kennedy's assassination.

Only the senior citizens. Anyone old enough to have voted for him is collecting Social Security.

Oh pilight. When you're right, you're right. When you're wrong, you're 20000 Leagues Under the Sea of Wrong. One word. Disillusionment. YOU. The VERY political world view you've espoused for the last decade I've been reading your stuff, is a DIRECT result of the disillusionment brought about by the assassination of President Kennedy. You would not have the political perspective you have right now without the assassinations of the 1960s. Your politics is a PRODUCT of the actions of Lee Harvey Oswald. Nothing more destructive short of a successful invasion by another country than the MURDER of the elected leader of this country while in office. And that would be even more true today with the 24 hour news cycle. In the case of Obama, should that ever happen, the disillusionment would be many times as destructive as the Kennedy assassination.

PostPosted: 12/01/09 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
caune wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Some guy on TV said, "well she could have grabbed a knofe from the table and stabbed the President"...yeah and so could anyone else there with access to a knife in the room, do we ban knifes in his presence?

UMM? Those INVITED people are SCREENED, VETTED, KNOWN ENTITIES, most of them major power players. Yeah, uh, I guess by that thinking any Secret Service agent or even his own kids could probably attack the president. Except that they WOULDN'T. And people who are of no account who dare to find a way to sneak into the event uninvited are precisely WHO might actually attempt something. Except that assassins probably wouldn't try something with this sort of a failure rate. At least they wouldn't have before this incident. Now, who KNOWS? Most people can't pull off sneaking into a real good party or nightclub. Awards shows are pretty much impossible. Security is TIGHT. But for the President and the First Lady at the White House? I'm sorry, I just have to leave this topic alone. No wonder you guys are all cursing at each other. lol! This to me is WORSE than if they'd gotten through the airspace defenses and buzzed the inaugural ceremony with a private jet painted black with a fucking picture of Osama bin Laden on the fuselage. These people need to BURN.

These people were known entitys to most everyone in Washington. they have mutual friends of the Obamas and friends who were at the Dinner

PostPosted: 12/01/09 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
caune wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

These people were known entitys to most everyone in Washington. they have mutual friends of the Obamas and friends who were at the Dinner

caune. my bud from way way back. does that kind of stuff even get you into a high end party you're not invited to? an awards show? a taping of The Price Is Right? A departures terminal at the local airport?

PostPosted: 12/01/09 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
caune wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
caune wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

caune. my bud from way way back. does that kind of stuff even get you into a high end party you're not invited to? an awards show? a taping of The Price Is Right? A departures terminal at the local airport?

Isn't there a guy who's crashed every Superbowl since the first? People crash big time events all the time, google it Wink
This couple are pros at getting into places to get publicity. It shouldn't have happened but it certainly isn't an occasion to gnash your teeth IMHO

PostPosted: 12/01/09 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:
Just because the Kennedys supported him and campaigned for him that's exploiting? That seems a harsh word to describe what took place.

No, caune. That's not what I'm saying. The spirit of Camelot (young prez, pretty wife, cute, young children, new hope, new dream, blahblahblah), THAT's what was being exploited.

So he shoulda gone gray, had his wife get an ugly haircut, age his children and say the last 8 years had been GREAT Rolling Eyes

C'mon, caune. You know better than that simplistic reaction. His exploiting of the Kennedy image was a crafted ploy. You know, as in politics as usual. Attach yourself to the hearts and minds of people by comparing yourself to a long dead, well loved figure that you have some surface things in common with (yes, I'm ending the sentance with a preposition). There were dozens, if not hundreds of articles on top of the msm pimping of the idea as well as his campaign feeding the comparison. Ex-ploi-ta-tion. Well, it played its part in getting him this far, but, to paraphrase a hackneyed quote, "Obama's no Jack Kennedy."

PostPosted: 12/01/09 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

C'mon, caune. You know better than that simplistic reaction. His exploiting of the Kennedy image was a crafted ploy. You know, as in politics as usual. Attach yourself to the hearts and minds of people by comparing yourself to a long dead, well loved figure that you have some surface things in common with (yes, I'm ending the sentance with a preposition). There were dozens, if not hundreds of articles on top of the msm pimping of the idea as well as his campaign feeding the comparison. Ex-ploi-ta-tion. Well, it played its part in getting him this far, but, to paraphrase a hackneyed quote, "Obama's no Jack Kennedy."

Well YOU may have seen it but my Grandparents, who had an entire room devoted to the Kennedys, never got that connection between the Kennedys and the Obamas so excuse me if I think most of it is in your head and nobody elses

PostPosted: 12/01/09 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

Well YOU may have seen it but my Grandparents, who had an entire room devoted to the Kennedys, never got that connection between the Kennedys and the Obamas so excuse me if I think most of it is in your head and nobody elses

If it worked so well, why didn't Hillary trot out the picture of Bill meeting JFK?

BlacknGold

PostPosted: 12/01/09 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

Bless your grandparents, but what does that prove? Try a simple Google search and the articles appear. Viola! Now, let's discuss what might be in YOUR head and nowhere else. On second thought.....

PostPosted: 12/01/09 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
caune wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:
BlacknGold wrote:
caune wrote:

If it worked so well, why didn't Hillary trot out the picture of Bill meeting JFK?

Try having a discussion with Fuzzball. You two seem pretty evenly matched and probably have quite a bit in common.

PostPosted: 12/03/09 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back to the Salahis...The state of Virginia is investigating their charity. They raised $250,000 & gave only $15,000 to charity plus they didn't pay their vendors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/03/AR2009120301879.html

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 12/03/09 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
Back to the Salahis...The state of Virginia is investigating their charity. They raised $250,000 & gave only $15,000 to charity plus they didn't pay their vendors.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/03/AR2009120301879.html

One of their vendors being Market Salamander, the catering company owned by ...drumroll...the Mystics' co-owner, Sheila Johnson. The Salahis allegedly stiffed Market Salamander to the tune of $300,000.

sbjules

PostPosted: 12/03/09 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
sbjules wrote:

One of their vendors being Market Salamander, the catering company owned by ...drumroll...the Mystics' co-owner, Sheila Johnson. The Salahis allegedly stiffed Market Salamander to the tune of $300,000.

Another thing they did was list several businesses as sponsors of their polo event & when the Post reporter called, the "sponsors" didn't know anything about it.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/15/09 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091216/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_white_house_accidental_tourists

Quote:
They thought they were simply starting their tour until they were ushered into the East Room, offered a buffet spread and told they'd be meeting the president.

PostPosted: 10/01/21 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ah mimrees.

PostPosted: 10/01/21 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, this thread was a mess. A lot of names I miss around here though (and a couple I don't).

The actual news story seems awfully quaint after what we have all been through in the last 12 years.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/01/21 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn’t it though. Not as much to get excited about back then I guess. Yikes. I can’t even conceive of trying to keep up a running conversation here on just one topic, the pandemic. And that’s hardly the only thing going on these days.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: