Lynx
70%
 70%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 27

SCook

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

James where is Candace Parker?

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powers being the Sophie Cunningham of this game.

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Oh, look, is this about to turn into yet another indictment against single elimination in the second round?

My question is more why were the Lynx this unprepared.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Oh, look, is this about to turn into yet another indictment against single elimination in the second round?

well, I was thinking between this and the Seattle game, it is a pretty strong statement.

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Single elimination can’t be an excuse when you play like crap in a game you know you have to win.

The Lynx have been terrible today.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dangerfield has been really bad.

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, CT should have an easy sweep to get to the finals. Still don’t understand why you work hard to get too 4 seed and have to play a single elimination game. Guess there’s always next year 🤷🏼‍♀️

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bet Cheryl didn't plan for Vandersloot today....wow!

SCook

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow Minnesota. Wow.

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

well, I was thinking between this and the Seattle game, it is a pretty strong statement.

If a team is not as good because one of the best players on the planet is injured then that is not the fault of the system, so the Storm game isn't a great example IMO.

As for this game, it's the playoffs. Show up.
To me, none of these #3-#8 teams are anything special so this season it seems especially appropriate to eliminate a bunch of them quickly.
If they're gonna insist on 8/12 in the playoffs (which they shouldn't) then the Richyyy system is well worth a try though.

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just don't get it. Why do you have Syl on the floor when you know you're going to foul there?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I just don't get it. Why do you have Syl on the floor when you know you're going to foul there?

Pet peeve of mine too

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

If a team is not as good because one of the best players on the planet is injured then that is not the fault of the system, so the Storm game isn't a great example IMO.

You could also say that if is was a series instead on one game, she may have been able to play in those other games.

- Amanda Gorman
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Is it though?

Without Stewart, Phoenix could easily win that series, and Chicago has a ton of talent and we’re always dangerous.

We could have Phoenix (especially if DT heals more..) vs Chicago as easily as we could have Vegas vs CT

I know part of it is because I’m a Phoenix fan, and single elimination games have gone well for us..but I like them. Win or go home games are just exciting.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 09/26/21 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That missed bunny is a microcosm of Collier's night

mercfan

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
That missed bunny is a microcosm of Collier's night

That and missing that crucial board down 7.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was afraid to watch the game and only checked in at some point towards the end of the half, then watched most of the fourth quarter.

I am so proud of the Sky! However I think it's more because the Lynx sucked that they won.

Will now have to watch the whole game!

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

We played like absolute dogshit… but I’m going to be a good person and not say anything tonight Laughing

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great win, Sky! 💙💙💙

PostPosted: 09/26/21 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky the Road team. I knew they were going to win.

Now, Reeves is really going to cry about the one & done now. LOL!!

PostPosted: 09/26/21 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 of my fave players of all time in this game. Glad the Sky won as Sloot is a total stud. Love Parker, we had friends over who we made watch the game that were marveling at her ability on the court. Maybe Syl should come hone to Chicago next season! Or better yet Dallas!!

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 09/26/21 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

To me, none of these #3-#8 teams are anything special so this season it seems especially appropriate to eliminate a bunch of them quickly.
If they're gonna insist on 8/12 in the playoffs (which they shouldn't) then the Richyyy system is well worth a try though.

I have been a season ticket holder since 2007. First in Chicago and then in Dallas. Court side initially. Row 3 now. I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on tix and merch. Essentially, that is all I can do to help the women in their sport. I have gotten the opportunity to see 4 playoff games in person in that time. Which, is an additional expense that I happily pay for. A lot of y’all wanna whine about the 8th seed making it, but as a fan that is giving all I can, I’d like the chance to see my team play and hope against hope they win. Win or go home is BS in my opinion, and I’m happy to see my 8th seeded wings or 4th in the East Sky get a chance to play their way into the finals.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 09/26/21 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Without the heroics of Powers this game would've been even uglier. I have no idea what the Lynx were doing today but that couldn't have been the game plan. Confused

PostPosted: 09/26/21 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I have been a season ticket holder since 2007. First in Chicago and then in Dallas. Court side initially. Row 3 now. I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on tix and merch. Essentially, that is all I can do to help the women in their sport. I have gotten the opportunity to see 4 playoff games in person in that time. Which, is an additional expense that I happily pay for. A lot of y’all wanna whine about the 8th seed making it, but as a fan that is giving all I can, I’d like the chance to see my team play and hope against hope they win. Win or go home is BS in my opinion, and I’m happy to see my 8th seeded wings or 4th in the East Sky get a chance to play their way into the finals.

So what's your ideal solution? The quarter finals style 1v8, 2v7, etc. format using best of 3?

PostPosted: 09/27/21 3:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, that was disappointing. The Lynx seemed about as mentally unprepared as you could imagine.

Even though she had a lot of success, I don't think an offense completely dominated by a soloing Arial Powers leads to overall Lynx success. The Lynx offense had no flow, and they definitely didn't get Fowles (who was 67% from the floor) enough touches.

Ironically, Napheesa Collier's 3 point shooting was the only good part of her game tonight. The rest was just about the worst I've ever seen her play, so I'm pretty miserable right now. Twice, the announcers mentioned she had been playing injured all season, but didn't say what the injury was. I hadn't heard about any injury; anybody know more about this?

So sad. I hoped for more from this team. But they didn't play like they deserved it at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: