50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
Storm
50%
 50%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 28

undersized_post

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good coaching move by Quinn to start fouling early. The Storm just couldn't cash in.

DT needs to retire. Bird has more in the tank.

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
The people court side must have been talking some shit to Skylar with that reaction after the game haha.

LETS GO MERCURY.

Yup. I think Jewell's mom was over there next to BG's wife so Laughing

Man. This post game with DT and Bird is emotional. She's not saying it but I think one of them is retiring for sure. There was too much pomp and circumstance.

I loved the jersey swap. There would've been a meltdown over that 39 years ago.

Rock Hard

I love Sue bringing up the the Willis Reed comparison! History!❤️

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Omg I really hope this was not Die bitches last game I almost got teary eyed as well.
No way she retires shes still effective ! Crying or Very sad

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 09/26/21 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

SCook wrote:
I think Sue might be retiring.

They’ve been hinting at it all game, so sure seems like she’s leaning towards it.

I’d like her to give it one more go. Sure seems like she can still play, and a healthy Stewart - Sue could go out on top. But obviously Sue’s gotta do what’s best for her.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 09/26/21 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan

THANK YOU ESPN for actually doing a post game.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now I see what Vera , Sheryl, Penny & Paige meant…They will shove these two down our throats for life .

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well y'all are living to whine another day. Laughing

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LET’S GO

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Birdy is retiring. Hopefully she thinks about it a while and realises that with Stewie healthy and Loyd back as their 2nd option they are always a candidate for a title

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Now I see what Vera , Sheryl, Penny & Paige meant…They will shove these two down our throats for life .

Laughing Laughing Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Looks like Birdy is retiring. Hopefully she thinks about it a while and realises that with Stewie healthy and Loyd back as their 2nd option they are always a candidate for a title

They definitely have a problem if Sue retires. Canada is maybe ok as a backup, but the difference for the team when she is on the floor vs Sue is huge. Phoenix went on their biggest run when Canada was out there. Of course, it's not totally her fault since Prince was out there with her and between the two of them, they were really stinking it up.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

These two absolutely should be shoved down our throats. That’s the best point guard of all time, and most would say the best player of all time. They’ve played for twenty years, broken records together, are best friends..and are very close to retirement. It’s just stupid to not get as much play out of that as possible, even ABC thought the story was worth a post game show. Laughing

That doesn’t mean the W needs to shove every white player down our throats though.. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/26/21 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turner's block on Ezi was the play of the game imo! The Storm could've gone up 5 and I don't think the Merc would've been able to overcome that.

SDS missed two huge free throws in regulation, but came up with two great passes in OT to Turner and BG.

Bird and Taurasi are old and hobbled, but dammit those two can still shoot.

The Storm never looked the same after the Commissioner's Cup Game

Shocked

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

They definitely have a problem if Sue retires. Canada is maybe ok as a backup, but the difference for the team when she is on the floor vs Sue is huge. Phoenix went on their biggest run when Canada was out there. Of course, it's not totally her fault since Prince was out there with her and between the two of them, they were really stinking it up.

It will all script out fine

Bird retires

Loyd signs with Chicago

Sloot and Quigley sign with Seattle

both teams make other moves as well but that is the prediction

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Turner's block on Ezi was the play of the game imo! The Storm could've gone up 5 and I don't think the Merc would've been able to overcome that.

SDS missed two huge free throws in regulation, but came up with two great passes in OT to Turner and BG.

The Storm peaked too early, yes. They have been skiing downhill from that C.C. unfortunately.

Shocked

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Sue retiring is based on her effectiveness, rather the ability to play an enitire season. She started this season playing very well and that lasted until the end of the Gold medal game. She looked really gased and had to come our sooner that she wanted too. That seemed to have carried over to the remainder of this season. I think she senses that she can no longer play a complete season without being drained at the end.

Being out due to injuries might have kept her from realizing just how much her body is not capable to play so many games. When you are the point guard you just can not pace yourself like players at other positions can. Besides thats not her style anyway.

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

These two absolutely should be shoved down our throats. That’s the best point guard of all time, and most would say the best player of all time. They’ve played for twenty years, broken records together, are best friends..and are very close to retirement. It’s just stupid to not get as much play out of that as possible, even ABC thought the story was worth a post game show. Laughing

That doesn’t mean the W needs to shove every white
player down our throats though.. Laughing Laughing

The old Rock would comment on this. But I have made a dedication to be better.💜

PostPosted: 09/26/21 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Shocked

+1

PostPosted: 09/26/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
The people court side must have been talking some shit to Skylar with that reaction after the game haha.

Yeah, I think they were. But, she showed them

PostPosted: 09/26/21 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I don't think Sue retiring is based on her effectiveness, rather the ability to play an enitire season. She started this season playing very well and that lasted until the end of the Gold medal game. She looked really gased and had to come our sooner that she wanted too. That seemed to have carried over to the remainder of this season. I think she senses that she can no longer play a complete season without being drained at the end.

Being out due to injuries might have kept her from realizing just how much her body is not capable to play so many games. When you are the point guard you just can not pace yourself like players at other positions can. Besides thats not her style anyway.

The issue of stamina can be addressed over the course of a season- less MPG, more DNPs/rest- and with no Olympics burden to deal with, I think she can manage it.

I hope she decides to do it.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 09/26/21 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They mentioned that she has been signing one-year deals recently, and she takes the time to assess how she is feeling. Seems that her contracts have generally been announced late in the process. I sure hope she comes back, but if not, she is leaving a wonderful legacy!

Meanwhile, I can't figure out why, when Loyd was shooting bricks, they kept giving her the ball! I was feeling as I often do when Diamond gets the ball - "Don't shoot, don't go for a layup, pass the ball!" With all the FTs Phx missed, I think if someone else had been shooting for Seattle, they could have won (as I was hoping),

PostPosted: 09/26/21 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar was certainly emotional at the end of the game, wonder what the crowd was saying to her. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/26/21 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe that a joint retirement statement will be coming soon from Sue Bird and Megan Rapinoe along with an announcement of a forthcoming marriage. They've both won just about everything important they could have won. They've had demanding schedules keeping them in different places for significant stretches of time. They're each ready to begin new careers and will have endless opportunities offered to them. (Surely that's already happened.)

Of course many Seattle fans and many of the rest of us don't want to see Sue Bird retire. But I'll be shocked if we see her in a 2022 WNBA game. I have complete admiration for Bird and Rapinoe and wish them all the best individually and together.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: