RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/18/21 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Because of my job, I always look through the local obits. The last 3 weeks or so, I have seen more people between 30 and low 50's than I have EVER seen. There's even be a very healthy looking 20-something! I'd say there's been 10-12. I can look for a month and it's only people 60+ with maybe 1-2 50 somethings. Usually if it's someone young, it's stated that they died in a car accident or had some disease condition. These obits are mostly saying "died unexpectedly" or just 'passed away.'

I can't find the article now, but I recently read that in many of the obituaries of unvaccinated COVID patients, the families are withholding any cause of death or suggestions for memorial donations. A few families were interviewed and either said they were ashamed to admit they hadn't taken COVID seriously and gotten vaccinated, or they still believed COVID wasn't real and didn't want to unduly concern anyone else.

There are also stories out there about obituaries in which the family blamed the death of their vaccinated relative on unvaccinated people who are transmitting the disease, and some of them are pretty brutal.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/24/21 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This article mentions a 24 year old who I saw video of on a news show. He was struggling to talk due to his condition, but encouraging people to get vaccinated. They asked him why he hadn't and he said that he had heard it wasn't a real vaccine and one or two other reasons. He was only in the hospital for something like 5 days before dying.

At an Overrun ICU, ‘the Problem Is We Are Running Out of Hallways’

pilight

PostPosted: 09/24/21 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This might help with hospital overcrowding

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/vigilante-treatments-anti-vaccine-groups-push-people-leave-icus-rcna2233

Quote:
Consumed by conspiracy theories claiming that doctors are preventing unvaccinated patients from receiving miracle cures or are even killing them on purpose, some people in anti-vaccine and pro-ivermectin Facebook groups are telling those with Covid-19 to stay away from hospitals and instead try increasingly dangerous at-home treatments

PostPosted: 09/24/21 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/vigilante-treatments-anti-vaccine-groups-push-people-leave-icus-rcna2233

Quote:
Consumed by conspiracy theories claiming that doctors are preventing unvaccinated patients from receiving miracle cures or are even killing them on purpose, some people in anti-vaccine and pro-ivermectin Facebook groups are telling those with Covid-19 to stay away from hospitals and instead try increasingly dangerous at-home treatments

Shocked

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/25/21 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

Then fuckin' perish.

PostPosted: 09/25/21 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Then fuckin' perish.

It would make the percent vaccinated rate go up!! Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/25/21 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately, when some of those anti-vaxxers and their families show up at healthcare facilities, they're now assaulting physicians and nurses for not giving them ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine and peroxide to drink and the microchip-free oxygen and God only knows what else.

https://www.newsweek.com/doctor-gets-death-threat-not-giving-ivermectin-covid-19-patient-1632221

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/23/americas/covid-vaccine-assault-nurse-canada-trnd/index.html

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-11/nurse-at-covid-testing-clinic-allegedly-punched-in-face/100369452

tfan

PostPosted: 09/30/21 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Broadway's "Aladdin" shuts after only one performance since "Re-opening Night" due to breakthrough COVID cases

Quote:
Just two weeks after celebrating the return of Broadway, one of the most anticipated shows has been shut down.

Wednesday night's performance of "Aladdin" was canceled after there were positive COVID tests within the cast and crew.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/30/21 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the spring the situation in Israel provided a lot of hope. High vaccination rate followed by cases going very low and staying low for months. And then cases went up to another peak that was higher than the previous two (deaths also went up but are somewhat lower that the other two death peaks). That is believed to be partly from Delta breaking through and partly from the vaccine effects waning. As a result, their "vaccine passport" will now require 3 doses, and it will only be valid for 6 months. I assume that means they are already preparing for a 4th booster and likely two a year from now on. Hopefully Pfizer/Moderna will tailor the next shot for Delta.

Biden has been saying something like "this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated". But Israel is showing that just getting a high vaccination rate doesn't mean you are out of the water

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/30/21 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Then fuckin' perish.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uHXP_ylvzPM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 10/01/21 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Merck says experimental Covid pill cuts risk of death, hospitalization by 50 percent

Quote:
If cleared, Merck's drug would be the first pill shown to treat Covid, a potentially major advance in efforts to fight the pandemic.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/02/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the next day or two, the US will pass 700,000 deaths. That's 10,500 more than the population of DC and 15,500 fewer than the population of Denver. In about 18 months of recordkeeping. 39,000 people dying per month and people STILL won't get vaccinated!!!!!

I will never understand. I know one guy who absolutely refuses to get vaxxed. He is as anti-Trump as I am, btw. The only reason that I ever get is "the more I'm pushed to get it, the more that I'm NOT going to get it." I know that is being used as a cover for the real reason, but I haven't been able to find out what it is. He won't get the flu vax either. Said that he got the flu the only time that he got the vax and won't get it again. Then he says that he's not anti-vax. Confused Both of his parents and in-laws are vaxxed, but he still refuses.

Ex-Ref wrote:
I haven't been paying too much attention to COVID - 19 lately. For some reason I took a look today.

That's where we are today. The CDC tracker said that there were 396 deaths today; 2,562 in the last week. So in the next two weeks, we will pass 600,000 deaths. In a little over a year. And I'd guess that is a conservative number.

☹ 😢

Ex-Ref wrote:

In the next couple of days that's how many people will have died due to COVID - 19.

That's a population larger than Pittsburg, PA, Lincoln, NE or St. Louis, MO.

Not quite as large as Irvine, CA, Cincinnati, OH or St. Paul, MN.

That is very difficult for me to think about. Three hundred thousand people - dead.

And people are STILL saying that it is nothing more than the flu*. SMH.....

*CDC estimates that during the 2019-2020 flu season 22,000 people died in the US.

Three weeks later and we on the doorstep of 350,000 dead. 349,246 on CDC website today.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/04/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure why anyone would want to be a doctor after this. Some of these people are just bat-shit, fucking crazy!!!!

Quote:
The COVID-19 patient’s health was deteriorating quickly at a Michigan hospital, but he was having none of the doctor’s diagnosis. Despite dangerously low oxygen levels, the unvaccinated man didn’t think he was that sick and got so irate over a hospital policy forbidding his wife from being at his bedside that he threatened to walk out of the building.

Dr. Matthew Trunsky didn’t hold back in his response: “You are welcome to leave, but you will be dead before you get to your car,’” he said.

https://www.wane.com/community/health/coronavirus/doctors-grow-frustrated-over-covid-19-denial-misinformation/

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/05/21 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll see your bat-shit crazy, and raise you tentacles.

Quote:
NH Gov. Chris Sununu has publicly called out a fellow State House Republican who he said is "detached from reality." State Rep. Ken Weyler made headlines in September when Health and Human Services Commissioner Lori Shibinette confronted him at a hearing for spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine. [Said misinformation included the non-facts that the vaccine impairs fertility, 90% of hospitalized COVID patients had the vaccine, and that 25 years of flu shots are protecting Weyler against COVID.]

Now, Sununu has spoken out after continued accusations from Democrats that Weyler had continued to share vaccine misinformation with members of the fiscal committee he chairs. That misinformation reportedly included stories that the vaccine is full of live creatures with tentacles and contains 5G technology to control peoples' thoughts.

Sununu blasted Weyler's "absurd" emails and called on the House Speaker to remove Weyler from chairmanship of the fiscal committee.

This would be mildly entertaining except for the fact that Weyler is blocking receipt of a much-needed $27M federal grant to support the state's vaccination program which is stalled at 54% of the population.

https://www.wmur.com/article/gov-sununu-calls-for-weyler-removal-following-controversial-emails/37860819

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/05/21 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'll see your bat-shit crazy, and raise you tentacles.

Quote:
NH Gov. Chris Sununu has publicly called out a fellow State House Republican who he said is "detached from reality." State Rep. Ken Weyler made headlines in September when Health and Human Services Commissioner Lori Shibinette confronted him at a hearing for spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine. [Said misinformation included the non-facts that the vaccine impairs fertility, 90% of hospitalized COVID patients had the vaccine, and that 25 years of flu shots are protecting Weyler against COVID.]

Now, Sununu has spoken out after continued accusations from Democrats that Weyler had continued to share vaccine misinformation with members of the fiscal committee he chairs. That misinformation reportedly included stories that the vaccine is full of live creatures with tentacles and contains 5G technology to control peoples' thoughts.

Sununu blasted Weyler's "absurd" emails and called on the House Speaker to remove Weyler from chairmanship of the fiscal committee.

This would be mildly entertaining except for the fact that Weyler is blocking receipt of a much-needed $27M federal grant to support the state's vaccination program which is stalled at 54% of the population.

https://www.wmur.com/article/gov-sununu-calls-for-weyler-removal-following-controversial-emails/37860819

Isn't it too bad that the people that spread misinformation about vaccines can't be held responsible for every un-vaxxed death related to a condition that can be controlled with a vaccine?

pilight

PostPosted: 10/05/21 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do falling COVID cases signal the end of the U.S. pandemic?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-last-major-wave-of-infection-do-falling-covid-cases-signal-the-end-of-the-us-pandemic-203343478.html

Quote:
Consider the data. Exactly three weeks ago, America’s summer wave — fueled by stalling vaccination rates and the hypercontagious Delta variant — peaked at an average of nearly 176,000 cases per day. That average daily case count has since plummeted 41 percent, to roughly 104,000. The number of COVID patients in hospitals, a lagging indicator, has been shrinking for the last month; it’s down 25 percent since Sept. 4. And COVID deaths, which lag even further, are now decreasing as well.

PostPosted: 10/06/21 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-last-major-wave-of-infection-do-falling-covid-cases-signal-the-end-of-the-us-pandemic-203343478.html

Quote:
Consider the data. Exactly three weeks ago, America’s summer wave — fueled by stalling vaccination rates and the hypercontagious Delta variant — peaked at an average of nearly 176,000 cases per day. That average daily case count has since plummeted 41 percent, to roughly 104,000. The number of COVID patients in hospitals, a lagging indicator, has been shrinking for the last month; it’s down 25 percent since Sept. 4. And COVID deaths, which lag even further, are now decreasing as well.

We've learned nothing from last year, when the worst spike happened around the holidays. Now we've got more people wanting to get out, more open places to go, more ways to get there, and a more virulent strain of the virus. The current surge may be abating, but we haven't seen the end of the pandemic yet.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The US fully vaccinated % should be up to 65% by the end of October. add in those that had COVID-19 already and it nearly gets the US to herd immunity. They're predicting a small surge this winter, but shouldn't be anything like last winter.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

We've learned nothing from last year, when the worst spike happened around the holidays. Now we've got more people wanting to get out, more open places to go, more ways to get there, and a more virulent strain of the virus. The current surge may be abating, but we haven't seen the end of the pandemic yet.

Last year we had no vaccines.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/06/21 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Last year we had no vaccines.

We've had vaccines for the past 3 months and 100,000 people died. We'll have vaccines for the next 3 months, along with people congregating for the holidays. How many more will die?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/02/21 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
A new study of hundreds of white-tailed deer infected with the coronavirus in Iowa has found that the animals probably are contracting the virus from humans, and then rapidly spreading it among one another, according to researchers.

Researchers and outside experts characterized the study’s findings as a troubling development in the course of the pandemic. Widespread infection among North America’s most ubiquitous game species could make eradicating the pathogen even more difficult, especially if they became a reservoir for mutations that eventually spilled back over to humans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/02/science/deer-covid-infection.html

Shades

PostPosted: 11/03/21 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep your distance from deer.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 11/06/21 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Must be some friendly deer in the midwest.

If our infectious disease people were inclined to study infectious disease transmission, they would have had a good case study in Florida.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

They were in terrible shape, with their post-Delta daily cases spiking to the highest level yet. And now they have plummeted to almost the level they were at in the post-vaccination low before Delta kicked in. And deaths have plummeted even more - now down to the lowest levels since things started back in 2020. The state launched a program to increase monoclonal antibody treatment (what Trump, Chris Christie and Ben Carson got) back in August and that is probably what drove the deaths down so low.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article255556531.html

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/06/21 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

If our infectious disease people were inclined to study infectious disease transmission, they would have had a good case study in Florida.

They were in terrible shape, with their post-Delta daily cases spiking to the highest level yet. And now they have plummeted to almost the level they were at in the post-vaccination low before Delta kicked in. And deaths have plummeted even more - now down to the lowest levels since things started back in 2020. The state launched a program to increase monoclonal antibody treatment (what Trump, Chris Christie and Ben Carson got) back in August and that is probably what drove the deaths down so low.

That's a self-serving claim by DeSantis with no data to back it up.

tfan

PostPosted: 11/06/21 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
tfan wrote:

That's a self-serving claim by DeSantis with no data to back it up.

Which claim - that monoclonal antibodies have reduced deaths? Do you question the effectiveness of monoclonal antibodies or the extent to which Florida used them more than other states?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 95 of 100

Jump to: