RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

B1G/ACC Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzonefan

PostPosted: 08/04/21 5:42 am    ::: B1G/ACC Challenge Reply Reply with quote

https://bigten.org/news/2021/8/2/general-2021-big-ten-acc-womens-basketball-challenge-matchups-announced.aspx

2021 Big Ten/ACC Women’s Basketball Challenge
Wednesday, Dec. 1
North Carolina at Minnesota
Nebraska at Wake Forest
Ohio State at Syracuse
Georgia Tech at Purdue
Rutgers at Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech at Wisconsin

Thursday, Dec. 2
Florida State at Illinois
NC State at Indiana
Iowa at Duke
Miami at Maryland
Michigan at Louisville
Notre Dame at Michigan State
Northwestern at Clemson
Penn State at Boston College

undersized_post

PostPosted: 08/04/21 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know how matchups are determined in these types of inter-conference challenges? I've always wondered. Because you have two of the best teams matched up in NC State and Indiana, which also happens to be a Sweet 16 rematch. So I doubt that's a coincidence? But on the other hand you have some huge mismatches like Miami/Maryland, FSU/Illinois, GaTech/Purdue, etc. So how does this happen?

Most looking forward to the Iowa, Indiana, MSU, and Michigan games.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/04/21 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Does anyone know how matchups are determined in these types of inter-conference challenges? I've always wondered. Because you have two of the best teams matched up in NC State and Indiana, which also happens to be a Sweet 16 rematch. So I doubt that's a coincidence? But on the other hand you have some huge mismatches like Miami/Maryland, FSU/Illinois, GaTech/Purdue, etc. So how does this happen?

GaTech/Purdue brings Nell back to Purdue.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 08/05/21 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/04/21 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

I always thought they matched up the teams based on their finish the previous year, so top teams play top teams and bottom teams play bottom teams...but there must be something else involved.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 08/05/21 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

I’ve got to think that the matchups need to be spread out a bit instead of the top finishers playing each other year after year. Michigan has played 11 teams in 14 years (Maryland was one). Louisville is a new opponent for them in this tournament. The Wolverines haven’t played North Carolina, Boston College or Clemson.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 12/08/21 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't know where to post this. Sad news. Ga. Tech asst. coach Tasha Butts was recently diagnosed with advanced stage breast cancer. https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32825064/georgia-tech-women-basketball-associate-head-coach-tasha-butts-diagnosed-breast-cancer

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/09/21 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
Didn't know where to post this. Sad news. Ga. Tech asst. coach Tasha Butts was recently diagnosed with advanced stage breast cancer. https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32825064/georgia-tech-women-basketball-associate-head-coach-tasha-butts-diagnosed-breast-cancer

Oh dear. That's another ex-Tennessee player with the same damn thing. Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: