RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 07/21/21 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I got the email. I believe they are giving us a two-month window to renew at the original 2020 prices for people who rolled over last season's tickets. We added an extra ticket this year, and it cost considerably more -- at least a lot more than the February 2020 early bird price. I'm not sure if the increase was from later 2020 or for 2021. They might also increase prices for 2022. So for us, getting a renewal at the original 2020 price would be a really good deal.

PostPosted: 07/21/21 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't they also offer a 20% discount to use for 2022 for renewing early for this season? Sounds like a scam.

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/21/21 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it was bonus credits, not a discount. I'm not entirely sure how that was supposed to work. All or most of my bonus got folded into that extra ticket we added for 2021. But note that 2020 pricing was originally for 18 games. I think that was for 17 regular-season games and one preseason. At that point, the 36 game schedule had not been announced yet. Management never got around to deciding what they were going to do with the 18th home game. LVA gave it away for free. Other teams allowed fans to skip a game of their choice or pay for an extra one.

By rolling over, we got 2 fewer games this year for the same price. That was a bit scam-ish. So, I don't know what their idea of 2020 prices is going to be for 2022 renewal. Are they going by the total amount paid or price per ticket? And if they are going by price per ticket, is it the early 2020 price or the later 2020 price? In our case, there was a $15 per ticket difference so it's no small consideration.

PostPosted: 07/21/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You explained it so much better than my rep! Thanks

jmvcity

PostPosted: 07/29/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty legend Crystal Robinson will be inducted into the Liberty Ring of Honor on 8/22 when they play against the Sparks.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/29/21 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:
Liberty legend Crystal Robinson will be inducted into the Liberty Ring of Honor on 8/22 when they play against the Sparks.

Terrific. Thanks for posting this.

I wasn't sure who is currently in the Ring of Honor. Here's what I found:

https://liberty.wnba.com/new-york-liberty-ring-of-honor/

PostPosted: 07/29/21 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
jmvcity wrote:

Very Happy for C-Rob Richly Deserved
Pleased that the Barclay Management have decided to continue
this honor

Bob, did you really have to google the Ring of Honor, when you
post as the New York Liberty Uber Fan ?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/29/21 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Bob, did you really have to google the Ring of Honor, when you post as the New York Liberty Uber Fan ?

What a hilarious attack! Yes, as I said, I had to check the Ring of Honor to see who was and wasn't in there. Eagerly awaiting your next attack. Smile

PostPosted: 07/30/21 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched the second half of France vs. Nigeria. France won easily, 87-62. I had the great pleasure of seeing Marine Johannes on the court, my first time since she played for the Liberty. Also got my first look at Marine Fauthoux. They appear to be the backup guards for France; each came off the bench in both the 3rd and 4th quarters. With France well ahead, I'd guess that Johannes played about 14 second-half minutes and Fauthoux about nine minutes.

After the game, I found a scoresheet that had everything but players' minutes. Johannes: 5-8 from the field, 2-5 on three pointers, 1-2 from the foul line, 4 defensive rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, one block, one turnover, one personal foul, 13 points. Fauthoux: 1-3 from the field, 1-2 on three pointers, 1-1 from the line, two defensive rebounds, 3 assists, two turnovers, two personal fouls, 4 points.

Fauthoux looks like a possible point guard sub for the Liberty if she comes over and beats out others. She appears to be the #2 point guard for France.

Johannes was exciting as usual. She loves to take threes and hit one where the Nigerian defender was right on her. She made some absolutely beautiful passes. (If we get to see Ionescu and Johannes together in the backcourt, we will see some magic!) At one moment in the 4th quarter, she stripped a Nigerian guard in the backcourt and went in for an uncontested layup.

Yesterday I stumbled across the information below via the Liberty's Facebook page. If it's already been explained here, I missed it and apologize for the repetition. If not, perhaps this will be helpful to someone. But be warned: the women's basketball games are mainly being shown at VERY early A.M. hours for New Yorkers.

The Liberty website shows when Johannes, Fauthoux, Han Xu, Bec Allen, and Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe will be playing for their countries. You can follow a game link and get to a page where you can sign into a cable provider if you have one. This got me directly to this morning's game and I watched on my computer. I have no idea how this works for watching on phones.

PostPosted: 08/01/21 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple things regarding the Olympics and the Liberty. First on Johannes and echoing Bob’s points above. I think we all uniformly really enjoy Johannes and are excited about her prospects with NY. Playing in a perimeter-oriented pro offense should really highlight her abilities to score 1-on-1, penetrate and pass. Even though she isn’t playing PG for France or starting (France has really good guards), we’ve seen the Libs function without true PGs on the floor. Since Johannes has PG-ish skills with the desire and talent to play at the Libs’ high pace, I think she’ll be great in that role as well as when they pair her with Sabrina.

Team Japan is also an exciting bunch. The reason they relate to the Libs is they play a very similar offensive style. Same 5-out. Same frenetic pace. Lots of 3s. Lots of penetrations. Just more motion, less pick and roll. The Libs’ system being more designed to fit Sabrina and Howard IMO. Anyway, they’re a very quick team and they’re showing the style of play can work on both ends of the court if you obtain/develop the right personnel. They’re scoring on penetrations for fun because Nigeria is defending everyone at the 3 point line or close. Once the Libs demonstrate that ability (Howard forces teams to defend her out there) the Libs’ offensive efficiency should be apples to oranges as compared to with Shook starting. Further tweaked in 2022, the potential for success is going to be high.

I love the prospects of the 5-out in the one and done games particularly. Playoff games being more perimeter oriented to begin with. In any of those I think a healthy Libs team is a tough out in the playoffs.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 08/01/21 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/01/21 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m trying hard to make this 12:40 USA-France game. I don’t think I’m gonna make it but it won’t be for lack of effort. 😂

PostPosted: 08/01/21 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I stayed up and watched the game. I don't want to post any spoilers since some of you may have recorded it and perhaps NBC will replay it somewhere that others can see it later today. I'll just say this:

1. It's a game definitely worth seeing.

2. One of my favorite things as a basketball fan is watching a great passer. Marine Johannes is a great passer!

PostPosted: 08/02/21 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having Sab, Johannes and to a lesser extent Laney on the floor at any points together….the other two better have their heads on a swivel. That ball can come to at any time you’re open.

Howard has already played with a great passer in Bird. The Liberty aren’t just going to have one great passer. They’re going to have 2, with Laney also being pretty darn good.

That’s exciting.

PostPosted: 08/02/21 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Olympic women's basketball update:

Tomorrow night (Tues. 8/3) at 9:00 p.m. EDT Han Xu and China have a quarterfinal game against Serbia. Alas, I've checked my cable guide and so far haven't seen any indication that this game will be showing on any of the NBC channels. If anyone finds such information, please post it. Thanks. I'm very eager to see how Han looks on the court these days.

Later that night: at 12:40 a.m. EDT early Wednesday (8/4), Bec Allen and Australia will have a quarterfinal game against the U.S. The USA cable channel will apparently be broadcasting this game beginning at 12:30 a.m.

Wednesday morning (8/4) at 8:00 a.m. EDT Marine Johannes, Marine Fauthoux, and France have a quarterfinal game against Spain. According to my cable guide, the USA channel will be showing a quarterfinal game at that time, so chances are it's France vs. Spain.

PostPosted: 08/02/21 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Olympic women's basketball update:

Tomorrow night (Tues. 8/3) at 9:00 p.m. EDT Han Xu and China have a quarterfinal game against Serbia. Alas, I've checked my cable guide and so far haven't seen any indication that this game will be showing on any of the NBC channels. If anyone finds such information, please post it. Thanks. I'm very eager to see how Han looks on the court these days.

Later that night: at 12:40 a.m. EDT early Wednesday (8/4), Bec Allen and Australia will have a quarterfinal game against the U.S. The USA cable channel will apparently be broadcasting this game beginning at 12:30 a.m.

Wednesday morning (8/4) at 8:00 a.m. EDT Marine Johannes, Marine Fauthoux, and France have a quarterfinal game against Spain. According to my cable guide, the USA channel will be showing a quarterfinal game at that time, so chances are it's France vs. Spain.

If you sign in with your cable provider (assuming you have one), you can watch any of the Olympic basketball games live or on replay at this link: https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule/sport/basketball

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/02/21 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
If you sign in with your cable provider (assuming you have one), you can watch any of the Olympic basketball games live or on replay at this link: https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule/sport/basketball

Thanks for posting this! As a result, I was able to watch some of tonight's game between China and Serbia, including the entire 4th quarter.

SPOILER ALERT

Despite being down nine points early in the 4th quarter, Serbia stormed back to beat China 77-70. They will advance to the Olympic semifinals.

Despite playing only 19 minutes, Han Xu led China with 15 points. She was 5-7 from the field, 1-2 on three-pointers, 4-4 from the foul line, had seven rebounds and two blocks. I only saw her on the court for perhaps eight minutes, but she looked far more fluid than in her Liberty days. She looked especially comfortable making a late three-pointer from the top of the key, but also had a lovely block.

I'd love to see Han back with the Liberty at some future time.

PostPosted: 08/04/21 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OLYMPIC SPOILER ALERT

France just beat Spain, 67-64, to advance to the semifinals. Marine Johannes led France with 18 points, shooting 8-16 from the floor with five rebounds. Johannes hit the crucial final basket for France with 23 seconds to go, after which there were lots of free throws.

France will play Japan in the semifinals. The U.S., which easily beat Australia, will face Serbia.

PostPosted: 08/04/21 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is pretty incredible.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 08/05/21 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marine Johannes would be a great spark plug off the bench, better then Odom, Richards and rest.

or Whitcomb can come off the bench

Sabrina
Marine/Whitcomb
Laney
Gray/Michaela
Howard

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/05/21 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Marine Johannes would be a great spark plug off the bench, better then Odom, Richards and rest.

Sabrina
Marine/Whitcomb
Laney
Gray/Michaela
Howard

Jocelyn Willoughby doesn't even rate a mention here? (Or are you talking about THIS season and assuming/hoping that Johannes turns up?)

PostPosted: 08/05/21 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Sabrina
Marine/Whitcomb
Laney
Gray/Michaela
Howard

Jocelyn Willoughby doesn't even rate a mention here? (Or are you talking about THIS season and assuming/hoping that Johannes turns up?)

It’s the Olympic affect…

PostPosted: 08/05/21 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there an International or European competition that is in conflict with next yers WNBA season?

gpark33

PostPosted: 08/06/21 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
jmvcity wrote:

Thanks for sharing that! I had to go back and watch the Becky speech for her induction again. "You loved me first." I remember that special night at the Garden!

PostPosted: 08/06/21 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
jmvcity wrote:

Thanks for sharing that! I had to go back and watch the Becky speech for her induction again. "You loved me first." I remember that special night at the Garden!

Yes it was and then after the game at a reception for Becky
I will never forget the playoff game we knocked out Detroit and the second
half come from behind rally was because of C-Robs shooting...
It has to be one of the best Liberty MSG games I have ever been to.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/07/21 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPOILER ALERT: FRANCE VS. SERBIA

France defeated Serbia, 91-76, to win the Olympic bronze medal, thanks in part to hitting 52 percent of their three-pointers. Gabby Williams had a very strong game for France, with 17 points and eight rebounds. She was 6-9 from the field, including 4-5 on three-pointers.

It was mostly an off night for Marine Johannes, who missed her first seven three-pointers and finished with 10 points. But Johannes hit her last two threes. One of them, with 1:41 left, was the crucial dagger just when Serbia was storming back and still had a chance to win.

Marine Fauthoux made a huge contribution to the French victory. In the third quarter, with the game still close, Fauthoux led a French surge, hitting two three-pointers and a highlight-reel under the basket reverse. Fauthoux finished with 12 points in 13 minutes on 4-5 shooting.

The commentators mentioned that Fauthoux, only 20 years old, joined the top French professional league at age 17. Her father was a point guard for France and is now a coach.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 56 of 69

Jump to: