RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SARS Coronavirus 2 vaccine
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/02/21 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here are some statistics to think about...

>99% of deaths from COVID are occurring in unvaccinated people in the US.

Only 10 states have more than 50% of their population fully vaccinated.

The 7-day rolling average of new cases is increasing again, 10% higher this week over last week.

26% of new cases are attributable to the Delta variant, although some experts feel the real number is >50%, and it's much more transmissible than both the original strain and the Alpha variant.

The states with low vaccination rates have a high prevalence of Delta and numbers of cases and hospitalizations are surging, mostly in the central part of the US.

The White House reportedly has a plan to send "strike teams" to 1000 hard-hit counties to assist with testing and vaccinations.

Other countries (e.g. UK and Israel) have had to increase restrictions.

Stats per CDC and Hopkins websites and Fauci/Walensky's latest briefing.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/561419-5-states-where-the-coronavirus-delta-variant-is-spreading
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01696-3
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-dangerous-is-the-delta-variant-and-will-it-cause-a-covid-surge-in-the-u-s/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/02/21 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tuesday afternoon we were told that we were going to go to a passive screening (think honor system) on Thursday. I get in on Wednesday and have an email that Tuesday evening that changed and we were going to keep our regular meet people when they come in and ask them questions screening.

Something about OSHA and the state department of health (I think) and another one (labor?) got together and said that we need to continue was we were and are not allowed to change.

I'm too old for this.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 07/27/21 3:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Antibodies from Sinovac's COVID-19 shot fade after about 6 months, booster helps - study

Quote:
As of end-June, Sinovac has delivered more than 1 billion doses of the vaccine, a major vaccination tool in China, Brazil, Indonesia and Chile.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/27/21 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm ever-so curious: are we officially seeing a Third Wave? Or are we beyond that, even? And how does that align with what the epidemiologists were telling us in early 2020?

PostPosted: 07/28/21 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I'm ever-so curious: are we officially seeing a Third Wave? Or are we beyond that, even? And how does that align with what the epidemiologists were telling us in early 2020?

I don't ever remember hearing an explanation of why there would be waves. Fauci started talking in the spring about a second wave in the fall and as a European who looked at our fall graph versus European graphs said: "You never got out of the first wave!".

The whole thing with waves - for a similar variant (which don't seem to be effected by weather) - may be solely from changes in human behavior. If people relax it comes back and if you tighten it goes down. The rise we are seeing may not be all "more contagious Delta variant" caused as our behavior is changing as well.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/28/21 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pfizer says third vaccine shot 'strongly' boosts immune response against delta variant

Quote:
The company posted slides ahead of an earnings call, with data showing that antibody levels were five times higher after a third dose among people aged 18 to 55 against the delta variant, and 11 times higher among 65- to 85-year-olds.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/28/21 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

If you look at the Hopkins graph, we had small bumps/waves last April and July, then the big one over the holidays, then a small one this April, and this one. Five. How big of a bump in cases does it take to be called a "wave"? Or is any bump sufficient if there was even a shallow valley in between?

I do think the epidemiologists and emerging disease experts have mostly been right. They clearly warned us about the effects of holiday travel and gatherings, and about the fallout when some of these variants took off.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/28/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

THIS does NOT bode well!! Shocked

Quote:
Although the vaccines were never expected to be perfect, the findings raise questions about their protection and suggest that even vaccinated people could experience long-term symptoms such as such as fatigue, brain fog and shortness of breath.

This speaks to the things we've discussed earlier regarding the "Who Can Even Know This?" factor, given how young the pandemic really is.

PostPosted: 07/29/21 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
THIS does NOT bode well!! Shocked

Quote:
Although the vaccines were never expected to be perfect, the findings raise questions about their protection and suggest that even vaccinated people could experience long-term symptoms such as such as fatigue, brain fog and shortness of breath.

This speaks to the things we've discussed earlier regarding the "Who Can Even Know This?" factor, given how young the pandemic really is.

Only 2.6% of the vaccinated people subsequently got COVID, and 19% of those (.49% of the total) developed persistent symptoms (up to six weeks). This is actually better than Pfizer's original data showing their vaccine to be 95% effective at preventing COVID, especially since this new study involved the more infectious alpha variant, and a far, far lower rate of persistent symptoms than in the unvaccinated.

The interesting part of the article was the suggestion that we need a complementary nasal spray vaccine to prevent the cold-like COVID cases that are being seen in vaccinated patients.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/29/21 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
.... especially since this new study involved the more infectious alpha variant, and a far, far lower rate of persistent symptoms than in the unvaccinated.

Hmm. I thought the delta variant was the more infectious, no?

PostPosted: 07/29/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
.... especially since this new study involved the more infectious alpha variant, and a far, far lower rate of persistent symptoms than in the unvaccinated.

Hmm. I thought the delta variant was the more infectious, no?

Sorry for being unclear. In this new study, most of the patients had the alpha variant, which is more infectious than the original strain against which Pfizer tested its vaccine. Delta is more infectious than both of them.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/21 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Originally Pfizer looked like a little bit better choice, but this Mayo Clinic and nreference ?? study - not yet peer reviewed - gives Moderna a better rating, particularly against Delta. I got Pfizer and if they give a third shot I think you are supposed to get the same brand.

New data on coronavirus vaccine effectiveness may be "a wakeup call"

The good news is "There has been no data so far that has found either vaccine's protection against severe disease and death is significantly less against Delta"

But the chance of getting infected in the July part of their study, when Delta was dominant and the vaccine effects possibly starting to wane showed the risk of infection with COVID-19 was significantly higher than the original pre-approval studies from last year. Pfizer was only 42% effective in preventing infection and Moderna was 76%

Quote:
It's unclear whether the results signify a reduction in effectiveness over time, a reduced effectiveness against Delta, or a combination of both.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/12/21 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pfizer says they believe their vaccine is losing 6% efficacy every two months and research from Israel and the UK agrees. Moderna also says boosters will be necessary.

Biden's big COVID challenge: Fading vaccines may demand boosters

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/13/21 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Pfizer says they believe their vaccine is losing 6% efficacy every two months and research from Israel and the UK agrees. Moderna also says boosters will be necessary.

Biden's big COVID challenge: Fading vaccines may demand boosters

Pfizer actually said their vaccine is losing 6% efficacy every 2 months against COVID infection, but its efficiency against severe infection (hospitalization/death) remains high at 97%.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.28.21261159v1.full.pdf
The problem, of course, is that all those extra cases of mild COVID walking around can spread the disease to someone else, serve as incubators for new variants, and contribute to the strain on the healthcare system as well as government expenditures.

The FDA just approved Pfizer boosters for severely immunocompromised people and is likely to give their vaccine full approval early next month. Maybe that will persuade the anti-vaxxers who've been doubting its efficacy and/or safety to get vaccinated, although I doubt it.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/13/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Maybe that will persuade the anti-vaxxers who've been doubting its efficacy and/or safety to get vaccinated, although I doubt it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I thoroughly enjoy your optimism.

Yesterday on PBS newshour, I heard Fauci give a long interview re: all things Covid/Vaccine/etc. I was following his rationale easily enough; he speaks in (what I feel are) simple, logical ways.

But then it occurred to me: Most people here in our fair land simply don't have enough science background to comprehend what he says, and people like MTG DO talk in *their language*, hence it's no shock that so many Americans are afraid of this simple science. It's easier for them to believe there's magical, mystical conspiracies than factual, data-driven science.

PostPosted: 08/13/21 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Maybe that will persuade the anti-vaxxers who've been doubting its efficacy and/or safety to get vaccinated, although I doubt it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I thoroughly enjoy your optimism.

Yesterday on PBS newshour, I heard Fauci give a long interview re: all things Covid/Vaccine/etc. I was following his rationale easily enough; he speaks in (what I feel are) simple, logical ways.

But then it occurred to me: Most people here in our fair land simply don't have enough science background to comprehend what he says, and people like MTG DO talk in *their language*, hence it's no shock that so many Americans are afraid of this simple science. It's easier for them to believe there's magical, mystical conspiracies than factual, data-driven science.

One thing that is absolutely clear about this whole pandemic is that we're reaping the results of the sorry state of science education in this country.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/18/21 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The new plan is boosters for everyone over the age of 18 who received Pfizer or Moderna at 8 months after their second dose. J&J plan pending.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/08/18/1028798003/covid-19-booster-shots-roll-out-september-moderna-pfizer

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/18/21 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know that I shouldn't have, but I laughed.

Quote:
She was also charged with having fake vaccine cards for the children ages 4 and 5, who are not yet old enough to be vaccinated.

https://www.wane.com/news/crime/florida-couple-arrested-in-hawaii-with-fake-covid-vaccination-cards-officials-say/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 08/19/21 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

What is an example of something Fauci said that the people you refer to couldn't understand?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/23/21 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it.
Using the Drug ivermectin to treat COVID-19 can be dangerous and even lethal. The FDA has not approved the drug for that purpose.

https://twitter.com/US_FDA/status/1429050070243192839?s=20

Quote:
Still, the Mississippi Poison Control Center has received an increasing number of calls from people who took ivermectin. At least 70% of such calls related to "ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers," the Mississippi State Department of Health said Friday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/22/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

Quote:
36% of Mississippi's population has been fully vaccinated.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/state/mississippi

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/23/21 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Quote:
You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it.
Using the Drug ivermectin to treat COVID-19 can be dangerous and even lethal. The FDA has not approved the drug for that purpose.

https://twitter.com/US_FDA/status/1429050070243192839?s=20

Quote:
Still, the Mississippi Poison Control Center has received an increasing number of calls from people who took ivermectin. At least 70% of such calls related to "ingestion of livestock or animal formulations of ivermectin purchased at livestock supply centers," the Mississippi State Department of Health said Friday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/22/health/us-coronavirus-sunday/index.html

Quote:
36% of Mississippi's population has been fully vaccinated.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/state/mississippi

Could this be their motivation?

Quote:
Those who contract COVID-19 in Mississippi are being asked to either isolate at home for 10 days or more or otherwise face a prison sentence of up to five years.

Since coronavirus can be life-threatening, those who don’t comply with the alert could also potentially face a $5,000 fine along with prison time.

https://www.wane.com/community/health/coronavirus/this-state-ordering-those-with-covid-to-isolate-or-face-up-to-5-years-in-prison/

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/23/21 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Could this be their motivation?

Their motivation to not get vaccinated? With an FDA-approved vaccine instead of a cow medicine?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/23/21 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
FDA grants full approval to Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine, opening door to more vaccine mandates

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/23/health/fda-approval-pfizer-covid-vaccine/index.html

pilight

PostPosted: 08/23/21 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pfizer vaccine approved by FDA

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/fda-approves-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

Quote:
The indication granted Monday makes the 2-dose vaccine the very first approved by the FDA for the prescribed prevention of COVID-19. It comes 9 months after the historic product was granted Emergency Use Authorization.

PostPosted: 08/26/21 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Inmates treated with Ivermectin.

https://www.wane.com/community/health/coronavirus/horse-dewormer-ivermectin-given-to-inmates-at-arkansas-jail/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: