RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Force 10 Announces Roster for Professional Women's 3x3 Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awhom111

PostPosted: 09/10/19 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There were three tournaments last weekend, but only two with women's tournaments, none featuring Force X.

9 teams played in Chicago and Splash Sisters defeated Glo Time, which had the bigger name pros to win:
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/b20fcabe-4ed9-4ba8-9c77-8e6edeb33064/teams
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/b20fcabe-4ed9-4ba8-9c77-8e6edeb33064/schedule

Only four teams in Memphis and the result of Just Hoop edging Tigers was probably what would have been predicted:
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/795fa33f-adcc-46b5-8c12-2dcf312bf39c/teams
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/795fa33f-adcc-46b5-8c12-2dcf312bf39c/schedule
awhom111

PostPosted: 09/19/19 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two tournaments this past weekend.

San Antonio was the planned one and had seven teams. Four Oklahoma players made the trip and won two tough final games featuring relatively big name pros:
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/5a22a581-52db-4425-b965-ed61562433ec/teams
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/5a22a581-52db-4425-b965-ed61562433ec/schedule

Red Bull added regional championship events and six teams played in New York. Kansas State played like they were back at home in the other Manhattan, beating Fordham for the championship as the other teams did not quite have the level of names that we have seen in other recent tournaments:
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/1760e4a4-c5ed-41f6-a36b-06e38b04c05e/teams
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/1760e4a4-c5ed-41f6-a36b-06e38b04c05e/schedule
awhom111

PostPosted: 09/24/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The season is winding down so six teams played in Atlanta with Oklahoma winning another one, this time over James Madison as most pros are otherwise occupied at this time:
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/55e571df-f871-4940-ad92-ff7f6f692911/teams
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/55e571df-f871-4940-ad92-ff7f6f692911/schedule
awhom111

PostPosted: 10/02/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There was a Force X branded team at the final event in Los Angeles, but they brought other Seattle-based players out with their regular players heading overseas. They lost to the team of Bay Area players. On the other side of the bracket, the LA Premier team was strong, but lost a close game to eventual champions Just Hoop:
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/9011879a-62cc-4bef-ac81-bd0bb6707ce0/teams
https://play.fiba3x3.com/events/9011879a-62cc-4bef-ac81-bd0bb6707ce0/schedule
toad455

PostPosted: 10/08/19 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2019/10/08/usa-basketball-announces-3x3-roster-world-beach-games/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
awhom111

PostPosted: 07/21/21 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force 10 has four teams with their name this season including a collaboration with the Chicago Sky.

These were their teams that played in Chicago:
Chicago: Brittany Brown, N'dea Jones, Natalie Kucowski, Jordan Reynolds
Rain City: Japreece Dean, Keyona Hayes, Chanise Jenkins, Camille Zimmerman
Seattle: Linnae Harper, Haley Peters, Alexis Peterson, Breanna Richardson
Emerald City, Kiana Johnson, Whitney Knight, Lindsey Pulliam, Jessica Thomas

All four teams made the semifinals and it was Seattle over Rain City in the final.

A team of Duke players won the Raleigh and Charlotte tournaments.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/21/21 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was oblivious to the FIBA 3X3 before the Olympics hype. The more I watch YouTube vids of the games, the more I am loving the sport. Its kinda like pickup 3 on 3 with more rules and refs. I love the speed of the game, the creativity and teamwork. Of all the games I've watched so far, I'm digging the women's better than the men's. They look slow by comparison. I realize that many factors go into what makes good teams, good games, etc. Just going by what I've seen so far. And yeah, seems like the women's approach is more team-centric defensively and offensively vs matchup heavy men's approach.
Randy

PostPosted: 07/22/21 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
I was oblivious to the FIBA 3X3 before the Olympics hype. The more I watch YouTube vids of the games, the more I am loving the sport. Its kinda like pickup 3 on 3 with more rules and refs. I love the speed of the game, the creativity and teamwork. Of all the games I've watched so far, I'm digging the women's better than the men's. They look slow by comparison. I realize that many factors go into what makes good teams, good games, etc. Just going by what I've seen so far. And yeah, seems like the women's approach is more team-centric defensively and offensively vs matchup heavy men's approach.

I also am liking 3x3 for a lot of the reasons you mention as well. In addition, it eliminates a lot of the BS I don't like in 5x5 such as endless foul taking and timeouts at the end of close games, the never ending complaining to the refs since there is not enough time for that and the elimination of cheap fouls just to stop a score. I'm thinking it could be a less injury prone sport because it is only half court and players are not charging up and down court at full speed and slamming into floor so often. That's just a guess on my part though.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/22/21 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

I also am liking 3x3 for a lot of the reasons your mention as well. In addition, it eliminates a lot of the BS I don't like in 5x5 such as endless foul taking and timeouts at the end of close games, the never ending complaining to the refs since there is not enough time for that and the elimination of cheap fouls just to stop a score. I'm thinking it could be a less injury prone sport because it is only half court and players are not charging up and down court at full speed and slamming into floor so often. That's just a guess on my part though.

I've seen some strong physicality from the teams that are more experienced overall in some of these competitions. But yeah I agree on a lot of you points also. The speed of the game cuts through a lot of the extra. Kinda wish we had those rules and refs when I was playing pickup 3 on 3. Cuz nobody EVER fouls in pickup. LOL!
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 07/24/21 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Had my first look at 3x3 just now, watching highlights on Peacock.

I think the best thing about it is as mentioned above- the elimination of player bs. Lol.

If you like a very fast pace with virtually no stoppage at all- even after a made basket there is no "reset" time- you'll probably like 3x3.

awhom111

PostPosted: 07/28/21 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force 10 had 4 of the 5 teams in the Philadelphia tournament, but failed to win.

FIBA is having more national team events, including one this week with mostly non-Olympic teams, but Force 10 is sending four of their players to represent the United States.
awhom111

PostPosted: 08/03/21 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force 10's team wins the FIBA tournament in Lithuania, the first win in this format for the United States as the college players that they sent previously did come close a few times.

The Red Bull tournament was in Washington D.C. last week and they entered three teams, but failed to win.
awhom111

PostPosted: 08/06/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The United States sent a team for the second half of FIBA's U23 Nations League consisting of Emily Engtsler, Madison Hayes, Hailey Van Lith, and Kylee Watson. They lost to France in all three mini-tournaments. On the men's side, USA Basketball was represented by four Villanova players.
root_thing

PostPosted: 08/07/21 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
The United States sent a team for the second half of FIBA's U23 Nations League consisting of Emily Engtsler, Madison Hayes, Hailey Van Lith, and Kylee Watson. They lost to France in all three mini-tournaments. On the men's side, USA Basketball was represented by four Villanova players.

Wow, not exactly a star-studded cast. I had to look up Hayes and Watson. Together, they combined for 6.9 ppg in college this past season. Engstler was the 6th woman on a mediocre Syracuse team. Only Van Lith, a freshman, is considered a budding star. However, she is only 5-7 and lack of height gets more exposed defensively in 3x3. Yes, Kelsey Plum is only 5-8, but she's also an established pro player and the greatest scorer in college history.

PostPosted: 08/12/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somebody at Red Bull finally got around to posting results for both tournaments.

There were two sites this weekend and each had four teams. It was all Force 10 teams in San Antonio and the Chicago teams met in the final. In Orlando, the team with the more well-known players Shayla Cooper, Niya Johnson, Alexis Prince, and Ieshia Small won.

Force 10 players will represent the United States in the national team tournament in Romania this weekend as board favorite Blake Dietrick, N'dea Jones, Jordan Reynolds, and Breanna Richardson are scheduled to compete.

The U18 World Championship is coming soon and USA Basketball has chosen Janiah Barker, Ayanna Patterson, Kiki Rice, and Mikaylah Williams.
Randy

PostPosted: 08/13/21 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Somebody at Red Bull finally got around to posting results for both tournaments.

There were two sites this weekend and each had four teams. It was all Force 10 teams in San Antonio and the Chicago teams met in the final. In Orlando, the team with the more well-known players Shayla Cooper, Niya Johnson, Alexis Prince, and Ieshia Small won.

Force 10 players will represent the United States in the national team tournament in Romania this weekend as board favorite Blake Dietrick, N'dea Jones, Jordan Reynolds, and Breanna Richardson are scheduled to compete.

The U18 World Championship is coming soon and USA Basketball has chosen Janiah Barker, Ayanna Patterson, Kiki Rice, and Mikaylah Williams.

America's hopes lie with Blake Dietrick and a few lessor knowns.....

awhom111

PostPosted: 08/18/21 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last Red Bull event was in Houston. There were three Force 10 teams and three other teams with some recognizable names among them. The two Seattle teams faced each other in the championship.

Randy wrote:
awhom111 wrote:

America's hopes lie with Blake Dietrick and a few lessor knowns.....

The fighting Dietricks lost to Canada in pool play and then Germany in the semifinals. The next event in the national team series will be in Canada in a couple of weeks.
awhom111

PostPosted: 08/25/21 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Red Bull did not send a team to last weekend's tournament in Oklahoma City, leaving two teams of locals of varying experience levels, as opposed to ten teams in the men's tournament. Red Bull made them play a best of five series to determine which team would split $3500 and which team would split $1500, which seems like a good day's work either way even if they had to play all five games.
awhom111

PostPosted: 09/05/21 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force 10 did not send a team to last weekend's tournament in New York either, which meant a rather small group of local teams competed for cash, but not ranking points with too few teams to count.

Hailey Van Lith joined Force 10 players Jordan Reynolds, Breanna Richardson, and Camille Zimmerman in a FIBA event in Montreal. The United States managed to grind out wins in group play, but Austria got revenge where it counted in the semifinals and then Spain won the event. The last national team event will be in Romania.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: