Sky
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Liberty
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

Shades

PostPosted: 06/22/21 6:05 pm    ::: Sky @ Liberty - 6/24/21 Reply Reply with quote

New York, NY - 7:00 PM ET
TV: The U, YES, NBATV Canada

Video stream:
https://www.twitter.com/wnba
https://watchyesnetwork.com/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/sky-at-liberty-on-06242021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210624/CHINYL/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320648

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 06/24/21 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

not sure which is worse for NY:
the lineup with a big in
or a lineup with no big in...

both suck.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/24/21 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York has looked terrible of late. Post injury Ionesco has been non relevant wth has happened?

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's probably for the best that Ionescu isn't eligible for ROY. It would be embarrassing for her to lose, and even worse if she won.

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope NY fans are not posting snarky comments about the Fever getting blown out..... Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh how I wish Sigur was still posting Very Happy

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

73-52 CHI end of third

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
New York has looked terrible of late. Post injury Ionesco has been non relevant wth has happened?

she's never been a speedster, but clearly now she's even a step slower. I'm pretty sure that foot is not totally healed. And for some reason she's lost all confidence in her shot. Also, she's a good pick and roll PG and NY rarely plays pick and roll and when they do, Shook can't do it. Maybe Howard will improve it but right now, it all looks pathetic.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Walt is going to run his starters into the ground for a lost cause.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Same. I’m really happy that his team is good now for him and they are enjoyable.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/24/21 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

she's never been a speedster, but clearly now she's even a step slower. I'm pretty sure that foot is not totally healed. And for some reason she's lost all confidence in her shot. Also, she's a good pick and roll PG and NY rarely plays pick and roll and when they do, Shook can't do it. Maybe Howard will improve it but right now, it all looks pathetic.

Agreed I don’t think she’s fully healed either but even 50% SAB is better than this . This is not the Sabrina I’m
Use too I think vets are making her defer and she needs to actually step up
Even more.

PostPosted: 06/24/21 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I believe that he is a journalist for one of the women's basketball websites.

PostPosted: 06/24/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

That’s believable for sure !! Thank you never knew what happened to him.

PostPosted: 06/24/21 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Search for the man that writes about the Sky alot.

PostPosted: 06/24/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that sure was a thing that happened, wasn't it? One would think we would have learned from our mistakes, but why would we do that when we can open the game jacking threes? At least later in the game we started going inside more, and it worked way more than the perimeter shooting. But I'm tired. I'm tired of Michaela not following her jumper and tired of Naj pretending like she's Ticha Penicheiro and tired of every bunny we miss and tired of our carelessness.

(I'm also tired of officials going "Hey, you came to watch us, right? Right???" because that string of offensive fouls in the third quarter by both teams was bloody ridiculous.)

One possession from Chicago comes to mind as especially bad for my blood pressure, where they went around the horn with somewhat less resistance than they would meet in a passing drill. I think that ended with a DeShields three.

As a St. John's fan of long standing I would very much like for Allie Quigley to stop ruining my life, please and thank you.

Once someone told me Jaz Jones was from Tallahassee, entirely too much made sense: the chaotic energy she exudes is sheer Florida Woman.

So we're just not going to call anything on shoves after the whistle. Cool, cool.

I keep telling myself this team can't possibly be as bad as they've been, but I just don't know. (That being said, if y'all bring up "oh, they're so much better than they were last year!" YES I KNOW. So is an unflushed toilet. Neither is acceptable and both should be dealt with.)

On one hand, kinda cool yet random that Kevin Durant and Russell Wilson were there with the Tsais. On the other hand, it really, really felt like a misstep to highlight those guys on Pride Night.

The proposal at the end of the Newlywed Game segment might have been the most successfully drawn up play of the night.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kylee Shook in this game. It felt like the first time she was really using her size. Maybe Dolson served as an example of the kind of player she can be for this team. (Hey, Dolson's being useful for someone! Very Happy) I would like to see slightly better touch around the basket from her, but she might have been the brightest spot in this game for New York.

Postgame eats: Corner Delhi, which is an atrocious pun, especially since they're not even on a corner! It's medium-to-high-end Indian fusion, and it's amazing. I did not think the phrase "tikka poutine" was a thing I would ever say, but here we are, and it's delicious. Place is a little pricy, but worth it.

PostPosted: 06/24/21 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two exciting games in the early window. No lead changes in either game. Chicago was tied by New York at 8, Indiana's only tie was at 2. The Liberty were never closer than 19 in the second half. Indiana actually cut the lead to 8 briefly in the 3rd quarter. They trailed by 15 after 3 and were never closer in the 4th.The Dallas bench outscored the Indiana bench 46-6.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 06/24/21 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Search for the man that writes about the Sky alot.

Good for him!!!

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/25/21 2:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Well, that sure was a thing that happened, wasn't it? One would think we would have learned from our mistakes, but why would we do that when we can open the game jacking threes? At least later in the game we started going inside more, and it worked way more than the perimeter shooting. But I'm tired. I'm tired of Michaela not following her jumper and tired of Naj pretending like she's Ticha Penicheiro and tired of every bunny we miss and tired of our carelessness.

(I'm also tired of officials going "Hey, you came to watch us, right? Right???" because that string of offensive fouls in the third quarter by both teams was bloody ridiculous.)

One possession from Chicago comes to mind as especially bad for my blood pressure, where they went around the horn with somewhat less resistance than they would meet in a passing drill. I think that ended with a DeShields three.

As a St. John's fan of long standing I would very much like for Allie Quigley to stop ruining my life, please and thank you.

Once someone told me Jaz Jones was from Tallahassee, entirely too much made sense: the chaotic energy she exudes is sheer Florida Woman.

So we're just not going to call anything on shoves after the whistle. Cool, cool.

I keep telling myself this team can't possibly be as bad as they've been, but I just don't know. (That being said, if y'all bring up "oh, they're so much better than they were last year!" YES I KNOW. So is an unflushed toilet. Neither is acceptable and both should be dealt with.)

On one hand, kinda cool yet random that Kevin Durant and Russell Wilson were there with the Tsais. On the other hand, it really, really felt like a misstep to highlight those guys on Pride Night.

The proposal at the end of the Newlywed Game segment might have been the most successfully drawn up play of the night.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kylee Shook in this game. It felt like the first time she was really using her size. Maybe Dolson served as an example of the kind of player she can be for this team. (Hey, Dolson's being useful for someone! Very Happy) I would like to see slightly better touch around the basket from her, but she might have been the brightest spot in this game for New York.

Postgame eats: Corner Delhi, which is an atrocious pun, especially since they're not even on a corner! It's medium-to-high-end Indian fusion, and it's amazing. I did not think the phrase "tikka poutine" was a thing I would ever say, but here we are, and it's delicious. Place is a little pricy, but worth it.

Russell Wilson is married to singer Ciara. She is friends with Ionescu (and Vanessa Bryant) and was there to support her.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 06/25/21 6:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Shook seems to be in the YouTube WNBA Highlights for the Liberty getting a (usually lefty) "picked and rolled" shot (also gets "picked and popped" shots) every game. Seems to be most common with Laney, but in this game she did it with Whitcomb (0:30) and Ionescu (1:39) in the first quarter. Shook doesn't post up, so is frequently setting picks for the ball handler.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OsLZvMf3Yj8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by tfan on 06/25/21 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Sparksfan

PostPosted: 06/25/21 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ciara and Russell Wilson Wasn't There To See Sabrina they were there to support Candace who is very close friends with both of them. KD was also there for CP3

jmvcity

PostPosted: 06/25/21 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the worst performance to have when the owners are in-house seated courtside

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/25/21 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Shook seems to be in the YouTube WNBA Highlights for the Liberty getting a (usually lefty) "picked and rolled" shot (also gets "picked and popped" shots) every game. Seems to be most common with Laney, but in this game she did it with Whitcomb (0:30) and Ionescu (1:39) in the first quarter. Shook doesn't post up, so is frequently setting picks for the ball handler.

and that is the way they get a lot of their turnovers as well.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/25/21 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Something else of note from last night. The #1 pick from the 2008 draft has more career points than the #1 pick of the 2009 draft for the first time since 17 June 2011.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: