0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No One Soon
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

mercfan

PostPosted: 06/07/21 2:15 am    ::: 50-40-90 Watch Reply Reply with quote

Who will be the next WNBA player to join EDD in the elusive 50-40-90 club?

I always find this fun to follow though it is obviously a rare feat. Sydney Wiese was the only player in the 2020 season to meet the necessary shooting percentages but fell short in the league minimums in both ftm and fgm.

This season is still fresh but two players are standing out early.

Marina Mabrey is currently shooting 51.3%, 46.4%, 91.7%

She has already reached the requirement in 3PM and is well on her way to FGM, but she will need to get to the line at a higher rate as the season continues.

Kristi Tolliver is currently shooting 54.8%, 47.8%, 90.0%

She has a ways to go in all three areas in terms of total makes but she is an explosive scorer and we know her ability to get hot.

Other players to keep an eye on are Jonquel Jones, Betnijah Laney and Jewel Lloyd. I imagine that at some point in the coming years that Ionescu will be in the mix.

Even if no one is interested, I'll likely update this weekly. I have a hunch that someone will get it sooner than later Wink

mercfan

PostPosted: 06/16/21 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While the season is still relatively young, there's a new name to keep on eye on.

Sue Bird is up to 53.6%, 48.4%, 85.7% (12-14 ft)

She has already reached the 3PM minimum (31) and is over halfway to the FGM threshold (52).

Personally, I would love this for her.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/16/21 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are the thresholds to count? Bird, for example, really doesn't get to the line much (which both means she might not take/make enough to count, and that each miss is very costly in percentage terms).

PostPosted: 06/16/21 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
What are the thresholds to count? Bird, for example, really doesn't get to the line much (which both means she might not take/make enough to count, and that each miss is very costly in percentage terms).

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe league statistical minimums for field goal percentage are used as a criteria. So that would be 100 FGM 25 3PM and 50 FTM.

stats.wnba.com/help/statminimums/

pilight

PostPosted: 06/16/21 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe league statistical minimums for field goal percentage are used as a criteria. So that would be 100 FGM 25 3PM and 50 FTM.

They haven't updated that page from the 34 game schedule. For 32 games, like we're playing this year, it should be 94 FGM, 24 3PM, and 47 FTM. If we ever get a 36 game season as has been proposed, it should be 106 FGM, 37 3PM, and 53 FTM.

PostPosted: 06/16/21 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

They haven't updated that page from the 34 game schedule. For 32 games, like we're playing this year, it should be 94 FGM, 24 3PM, and 47 FTM. If we ever get a 36 game season as has been proposed, it should be 106 FGM, 37 3PM, and 53 FTM.

Great to know! Thanks pilight!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/16/21 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird hasn't made that free throw minimum since 2014, and only twice since 2009. So that one's not looking hugely likely.

PostPosted: 06/16/21 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Great to know! Thanks pilight!

I posted a chart on my site of what the minimums should be going up to a 36 game season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: