RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2021 WNBA All Star game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 06/14/21 3:57 pm    ::: 2021 WNBA All Star game Reply Reply with quote

July 14, 2021 - Las Vegas, NV
Voting here: https://www.wnba.com/players/

Voting for the AT&T WNBA All-Star 2021 will tip off on Tuesday, June 15 at 2 p.m. ET and conclude on Sunday, June 27 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Fans will be able to directly impact the on-court competition by voting for up to ten (four backcourt players and six front court players) of the WNBA’s top stars at WNBA.com/vote and the WNBA App. All current WNBA players will be eligible for selection. Two “2-for-1 Days” will allow fans to have their votes count twice on Sunday, June 20 and Sunday, June 27 through WNBA.com/vote and the WNBA App voting platforms. All “2-for-1 Days” will be designated from midnight ET – 11:59 p.m. ET.

The selection of the All-Stars will be conducted through a combination of voting by fans (50 percent of the vote), current WNBA players (25 percent) and a national panel of sportswriters and broadcasters (25 percent). The AT&T WNBA All-Star 2021 rosters will be announced on Wednesday, June 30.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 06/15/21 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/14/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Engelbert talked about the All Star Game 5 days ago, but I forgot to post it.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3v8t7pVxASs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 06/26/21 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So......since we now know who is on the Olympic team, should we just vote for who we want on the All Star team but not any Olympians?

BamaEd

PostPosted: 06/26/21 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:
So......since we now know who is on the Olympic team, should we just vote for who we want on the All Star team but not any Olympians?

I was wondering that too. I saw some player repost an Insta post where a fan voted for them...but also voted for Olympians. I wondered why they started voting before the team was released, if they knew when it was going to be released that is.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/26/21 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:

Yes, don’t vote for the Olympians. It’ll be a wasted vote.

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 06/26/21 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
threadkiller1201 wrote:

Yes, don’t vote for the Olympians. It’ll be a wasted vote.

Right.. vote for the players/team you think can take them down.

BNot to be ugly but give them a challenge. Maybe the biggest they’ll face all summer if possible.

PostPosted: 06/26/21 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was put off by needing to put name, email and DOB. That's too much info to throw around frivolously...especially DOB. And to what purpose? Can't be good.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/26/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I was put off by needing to put name, email and DOB. That's too much info to throw around frivolously...especially DOB. And to what purpose? Can't be good.

Get a burner email and use a fake name and DOB. I used a protonmail address.

PostPosted: 06/26/21 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Get a burner email and use a fake name and DOB. I used a protonmail address.

yeah I thought about it. But it's just so ridiculous I don't want to support that. I mean they could go ahead and ask mother's maiden name and password to your paypal account. Then somebody could have it all.

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 06/26/21 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't have to put DOB but did have to put zip code.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/30/21 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/30/21 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it’s the Sun/Sky/Wings/Liberty/Dream vs. the Storm/Mercury/Lynx/Mystics. No representatives from the Sparks or Fever.

Perhaps ironically, the only W team with players on both All-Star teams is the “host” team, the Aces, with two selections on each team.

Last edited by Stormeo on 06/30/21 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milks26

PostPosted: 06/30/21 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Courtney Williams plays for the Atl Dream

Happy for all the 1st timers making the list who without an Olympics this yr would not have been

Last edited by Milks26 on 06/30/21 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/30/21 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m curious why all the tear-shedding Ogwumike fans didn’t do the hard work to get her into the All Star game.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/30/21 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could have swore Thibault said Australian players will miss one or two WNBA games to get ready for the Olympics. Will Cambage be committing to this All Star game anyway?

Randy

PostPosted: 06/30/21 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m curious why all the tear-shedding Ogwumike fans didn’t do the hard work to get her into the All Star game.

Too busy on the Team Bird and Taurasi thread?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/30/21 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Well, first of all, I don't vote for Al-Star games, because I am philosophically opposed to the voting process. And, second of all, I never said that I am pro-Ogwumike, I am anti-Bird; those two things are not the same thing.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 07/01/21 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/basketball/liz-cambages-agreement-to-juggle-opals-olympic-camp-with-wnba-allstar-clash/news-story/24dd6581d02b308e48041e700d46446f

Quote:
Opals centre Liz Cambage has struck an agreement with national coach Sandy Brondello to break Olympic camp to play in the WNBA All-Star game.

Cambage has been named to partake in her fourth All-Star clash, which will be played in Las Vegas on July 14 at the same time as the Opals’ pre-Olympic camp in the same city.

Cambage wanted to play in the marquee WNBA match and Brondello will allow her to play if she controls her game minutes.

The WNBA All-Star game also coincides with a day off for the Opals in camp.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/01/21 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/basketball/liz-cambages-agreement-to-juggle-opals-olympic-camp-with-wnba-allstar-clash/news-story/24dd6581d02b308e48041e700d46446f

Quote:
Opals centre Liz Cambage has struck an agreement with national coach Sandy Brondello to break Olympic camp to play in the WNBA All-Star game.

Cambage has been named to partake in her fourth All-Star clash, which will be played in Las Vegas on July 14 at the same time as the Opals’ pre-Olympic camp in the same city.

Cambage wanted to play in the marquee WNBA match and Brondello will allow her to play if she controls her game minutes.

The WNBA All-Star game also coincides with a day off for the Opals in camp.

Where are the Opals training? Are they coming over here since half of their squad and the coach are already here?

PostPosted: 07/01/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone's going to Vegas. Both the USA teams, the Opals, at least a couple of other men's teams preparing for the Olympics. It's why they're holding the All-Star Game there.

PostPosted: 07/01/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Because Olympic selections and All Star selections are very different things. No one is arguing that Nneka has been one of the top players in the WNBA this year--it's hard to argue that when she's only played 5 games. The same could be said of DT, who has only played 6 total games. If you were picking a true "All Star" team based on 2021 performance, neither of them should be on it.

(For that matter, All Stars are not usually the best 20-24 players in the league, because they are voted by fans, who are not quite impartial. This year I'd argue though they got it pretty close).

Now, I DO think Nneka should have been on the All Star team, if for no other reason than the WNBA should do it for the ratings and casual fan interest.

Last edited by bbsamjj on 07/01/21 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 07/01/21 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love to see a 3x3 WNBA v. Team USA matchup as an added attraction to the ASG. Heck it is only 10 minutes long - they could do it at halftime. Would give them a reason to bring in a few other players.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/01/21 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uh, the fans did everything they could to get Ogwumike into the all-star game anyway. She was in the pool of 36 that the coaches had to choose from, and they didn't pick her (quite rightly, obviously, since she's only played 5 games).

PostPosted: 07/07/21 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Get your All Star tickets now.
https://www.axs.com/events/405590/at-t-wnba-all-star-2021-tickets?skin=michelobultra

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/08/21 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I'd love to see a 3x3 WNBA v. Team USA matchup as an added attraction to the ASG. Heck it is only 10 minutes long - they could do it at halftime. Would give them a reason to bring in a few other players.

Great idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: