Sparks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lynx
100%
 100%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 13

Shades

PostPosted: 06/11/21 5:52 pm    ::: Sparks @ Lynx - 6/12/21 Reply Reply with quote

Cup records: LAS 0-3 | MIN 0-3
Minneapolis, MN - 8:00 PM ET
TV: Bally Sports North, NBATV Canada

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/sparks-at-lynx-on-06122021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210612/LASMIN/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320624

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamj95

PostPosted: 06/11/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any chance we can sign Money Money to a 10 day contract and end her career the way it should have, in a Lynx uniform? 😢

PostPosted: 06/11/21 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Any chance we can sign Money Money to a 10 day contract and end her career the way it should have, in a Lynx uniform? 😢

She is already an assistant coach for the Sparks. Who knows - if Fish gets fried she may become the HC..... Wink

adamj95

PostPosted: 06/12/21 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seimone and Rebekkah will both have their jerseys retired. Congrats to both of them.

PostPosted: 06/12/21 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DangerMouse saying FU to all of us who were doubting her.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/12/21 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

ditto for Cooper.

mea culpa.

jap

PostPosted: 06/12/21 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
myrtle wrote:

ditto for Cooper.

mea culpa.

Cooper in some respects is still essentially a rookie. If I recall this season's training camp was her very first true camp. She has a lot of upside, and it will be interesting to see her mature as a player going forward.

PostPosted: 06/12/21 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If LA's offense ever catches up with their defense, they can become legitimate contenders, ... but that's a very big IF!!!

PostPosted: 06/12/21 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imo Guirantes started the little scuffle between her/Zahui B. and Collier. She was being extra aggressive with Collier even after the whistle blew. Collier was right to be upset. Not her fault the Sparks are going nowhere & their players are hung up about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I gotta say, I love it when on the slo-mo replay we can clearly lip-read what players (in this case, Collier), using colorful wording, say in moments like these. Never thought I’d see someone like Collier say, “Don’t fucking push me” – kinda obsessed with her now. 😍😂😅

blaase22

PostPosted: 06/12/21 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mcbride and powers stink.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 06/12/21 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Imo Guirantes started the little scuffle between her/Zahui B. and Collier. She was being extra aggressive with Collier even after the whistle blew. Collier was right to be upset. Not her fault the Sparks are going nowhere & their players are hung up about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I gotta say, I love it when on the slo-mo replay we can clearly lip-read what players (in this case, Collier), using colorful wording, say in moments like these. Never thought I’d see someone like Collier say, “Don’t fucking push me” – kinda obsessed with her now. 😍😂😅

Agree. Even in the possessions prior to the one in question, Guirantes was being extra tough/rough on defense to the point where I was surprised she wasn't whistled for some holding fouls. You can tell she's a Rutgers alum with that kind of 'defense.' (my bias is showing...)

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/12/21 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Agree. Even in the possessions prior to the one in question, Guirantes was being extra tough/rough on defense to the point where I was surprised she wasn't whistled for some holding fouls. You can tell she's a Rutgers alum with that kind of 'defense.' (my bias is showing...)

😜 You've... seen enough, so to speak.

blaase22 wrote:
Mcbride and powers stink.

May as well add in Achonwa, too. Covers the Lynx's entire free agent class.

I generally respect Reeve as a coach quite a bit, but this year's Lynx team seems poorly coached to me – although hurt players & missing players no doubt have played roles in the team's lack of cohesion. But though they pulled away in the end, this game really shouldn't have been close after 3 quarters. I think they'll still turn things around to a degree (and they already are, having won 4 of their past 5 games), but I just have no idea what this team's ceiling is, given the free agent class' collective underperformance...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/13/21 4:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Didnt see the game. Were technicals handed out? When did it happen?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 06/13/21 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

good for phee. just saw replay at about 5 min left in 4th

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 06/13/21 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems to be many players' word of choice this season - and for good reason! Laughing

PostPosted: 06/13/21 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just watching the game and the whole thing was physical. Arella only played ~ 6 mins so imho, I wouldn't say she started it, because when she got in the physicality and intense energy was in full swing and lil' something extra was kinda bound to happen by then... The 2nd best part of the scrum was the way Syl came in and cleared the area! Laughing

The funniest part of the whole thing was the analyst sharing what Coach Reeve said in pregame about the Sparks v Lynx rivalry. She said (and I paraphrase), We're playing the Sparks and I don't care if we're playing spoons, pinochle or spades, I WANT TO WIN!! Clearly, no matter who is on these teams, the saga continues! Laughing

Btw, Syl has been playing great this year. Good to see her healthy!

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/13/21 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks just don't have much. Bench was 1-13.

When do the Ogwumikes come back?

PostPosted: 06/13/21 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
The Sparks just don't have much. Bench was 1-13.

When do the Ogwumikes come back?

Chiney may be back this week, although I don't see how she can start at center over Amanda. Nneka is some 3-5 weeks away if the initial medical report was accurate. Still awaiting our Russian Messiah to complete her overseas commitment. Like Amanda, she can score consistently from downtown. Plus, she can beast in the paint for rebounds, blocks, scoring, and all around defense.

This will be a year of growth for this young team as they seek to establish chemistry in all game circumstances and an overall identity.

PostPosted: 06/13/21 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks aren't really that young. They only have three players under 25, one of whom is out for the season. Every other team in the West has more, as do most of the teams in the East.

PostPosted: 06/13/21 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Sparks aren't really that young. They only have three players under 25, one of whom is out for the season. Every other team in the West has more, as do most of the teams in the East.

They are all young to me. Very Happy

PostPosted: 06/13/21 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going old school, just posting random observations from attending my first live game of the season:

* Former Sacramento Monarch legend Ruthie Bolton was in the house for the game and got a nice hand when she was acknowledged.

*LA is a pretty physically athletic team, quick; big time leapers. Team had trouble getting AZB & Coffiey ball in the paint; they were calling & waving all night.

* Nice & fun to see the local kid Nia Coffey fighting for her place in this league. Been watching her play since 8th grade, she can play in this league. Bless her heart for continuing to try challenging Syl, keeps coming up on the wrong end of the highlight reels Neutral

* The rivalry and hate for the Sharks colors & jerseys is still there Shocked Laughing but ... with the Ogwumikes sisters in street clothes and despite Toliver’s return visit, they have the look of an expansion team (What I mean, they look like a collection of players put together from other teams – and they are for the most part). Missing the familiar heels and villains; but seeds have been planted Laughing

* Love ‘Mone, always will so I just view her in purple & gold as repping L.S.U. Razz
Look forward to #33 and That Brunson #32 going up into the rafters … but for me & other long timers, Katie Smith’s #30 deserves to be up there too.

*Mama Syl has been really active on the defensive end. Nice to see her healthy .... for the moment. The steals have been incredibly impressive.

* I love Bridget Carlton. She just works and balls; looking to make positive things happen; and usually does.

*I don’t have a good feeling about Achonwa Sad just her reaction had the feel of she knew it wasn’t good. With Shepard out till who knows when, Lynx hurting for bigs. Not a big fan of Phee needing to log BIG mins at the 4 on the regular.

Need a list of what bigs are out there looking for a job? Can Brunson, un-retire Razz

* I wish Reeve would being someone on staff with some offensive creativity. I’d just like to see more movement; sometimes its like they’re rushing to do something, but they don’t don’t know what.
To me sometimes its trying to hard and/or still not knowing each others games that well. Also large gaps in the game where Phee goes too long without getting any touches. And its not all about the defense on her IMHO.

* Lynx still searching for an identity with so much player movement going on (expecting more). Only 9 games in and Shepard, Powers, Dantas, Achonwa have all missed games; we won’t see Davis till summer 2022; Phee & McBride were late ... best thing for my Lynx is just playing games and keep trying to figure it out. Without any more serious injuries I’m sure they make the playoffs but there is a lot of season to go and lots sure to happen heading into the Olympic break.

* Finally, the WNBA and teams are doing the 25yr celebration such a disservice. I don’t get why they haven’t/ don’t use half time to show highlights/playoffs/championship series from the past. Highlight the players and teams that make up the history of the WNBA. Every home team should be highlighting and sharing its own history to its fans. Just a horribly missed opportunity. Embarassed Mad

PostPosted: 06/13/21 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
. Finally, the WNBA and teams are doing the 25yr celebration such a disservice. I don’t get why they haven’t/ don’t use half time to show highlights/playoffs/championship series from the past. Highlight the players and teams that make up the history of the WNBA. Every home team should be highlighting and sharing its own history to its fans. Just a horribly missed opportunity. Embarassed Mad

I agree. I feel like we've heard more about the Commissioner's Cup than the 25th anniversary. As someone who didn't start watching until 2011, I missed two my favorite team's championship seasons (2007 & 2009). I wish they would air those games somewhere. I know they are on YouTube, but I would buy remastered copies of the 2007 and 2009 championship series. I also would love to see older games with folded teams that I never had the chance to watch. Maybe I am an anomaly and there isn't a huge market to sell old games.
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/14/21 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m not sure even the return of the Ogwumikes can right this ship until D Fish is replaced and they get a couple nice draft picks in the coming years, like Aaliyah Boston and Paige B.

I love the action between Zahui B and Collier. Laughing Don’t fuckin push me and Skylar Diggins’ pointer finger have been season highlights for me Wink Laughing

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/14/21 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Te’a Cooper suspended 1 game for coming onto the court during the altercation.

Surprised she wasn’t tossed during the game. Guess our league refs didn’t know that rule.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/21 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Te’a Cooper suspended 1 game for coming onto the court during the altercation.

Surprised she wasn’t tossed during the game. Guess our league refs didn’t know that rule.

Wasn't McBride apart of that as well coming onto the court ? I could be wrong but i thought they both received T's for coming onto the court ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: