Storm
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
Dream
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Shades

PostPosted: 06/08/21 5:58 pm    ::: Storm @ Dream - 6/09/21 Reply Reply with quote

College Park, GA - 7:00 PM ET
TV: Bally Sports Southeast-ATL, JOETV, TSN4

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/game/storm-at-dream-on-06092021

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20210609/SEAATL/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game/_/gameId/401320617

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
BamaEd

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate I can't make it to the game tonight. I can't wait to go to the new arena and watch them in person. Hopefully soon Smile

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/09/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A little surprised so many picked the Storm to win here. I think Loyd & Stewart are bound to start getting tired eventually from carrying the rest of the team on their back (aside from Bird of course). And Atlanta seems to be a tough out sometimes. Though certainly possible, I'd be shocked if we won these next two games vs. the Dream, even if Chennedy Carter's still out for both of them.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/09/21 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
A little surprised so many picked the Storm to win here. I think Loyd & Stewart are bound to start getting tired eventually from carrying the rest of the team on their back (aside from Bird of course). And Atlanta seems to be a tough out sometimes. Though certainly possible, I'd be shocked if we won these next two games vs. the Dream, even if Chennedy Carter's still out for both of them.

Seattle's Offense < ATL's everything

PostPosted: 06/09/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
A little surprised so many picked the Storm to win here.

I don't even like Seattle, and I picked Seattle. I refuse to believe a team that waxed the Aces is even capable of losing to the Dream, until I see it with my own eyes.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
BamaEd

PostPosted: 06/09/21 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those of you saying it'd only be a matter of time before Parker took the starting spot from Hawkins, well, tonight's the night.

I'm hoping that coming off the bench will be better for Hawkins. Maybe she needs to be that spark in the 2nd or 3rd wave (not sure what the rotation with her and Billings will be).

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/09/21 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Quinn's substitution pattern way better than we have been seeing. By leaving two starters on with three subs, it kept them from totally collapsing.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm giving up several easy looks here. We’ve always sort of played a west-coast brand of basketball since Stewie came onto the scene, but we got our two most recent titles because we had blue-collar players that could do the dirty work on defense and more than fit in on offense (Howard & Clark namely). Without a key blue-collar player or two, west-coast-brand teams just don’t win titles in this day & age. Defense will never go out of style.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I like Quinn's substitution pattern way better than we have been seeing. By leaving two starters on with three subs, it kept them from totally collapsing.

Agree. I’m also relieved that Quinn’s starting Samuelson. Hopefully ole Peanuts stays in the starting lineup; otherwise she’s completely useless as a bench player.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Talbot has adjusted quite nicely to coming off the bench. Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle on fire from three.
Ezi is still a baby but I enjoy watching her. She definitely has up-side.

And Atlanta not able to get to the line like they usually do.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mike Peterson provides as much enthusiasm as a 65 Volkswagen running on a missing plug.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta has had a rollercoaster of a season already. Started terrible then looked like a contender and now back to terrible 1/3 of the season down

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Seattle on fire from three.
Ezi is still a baby but I enjoy watching her. She definitely has up-side.

And Atlanta not able to get to the line like they usually do.

This I still struggle to figure out how she was the last pick of the first round last year. Can’t wait til that draft gets re-evaluated after year 3!

PostPosted: 06/09/21 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

93-69 and people think ATL will win one of these games.

PostPosted: 06/09/21 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm really closing it out strongly, and I'm very much enjoying Steph Talbot's contributions this season.
She took a noticeable step up in responsibility in the recent WNBL season, and carrying that same approach into the WNBA has gone very well for her. (I was not confident that it would)

PostPosted: 06/09/21 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elizabeth Williams looked decent for a half and finally had a game where she outrebounded Courtney Williams

PostPosted: 06/09/21 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Storm really closing it out strongly, and I'm very much enjoying Steph Talbot's contributions this season.

Same! I remember Coach Hughes saying she was even surprising the coaches in training camp with her play & her versatility. It’ll be interesting to see if she gets brought back next year, and if so, at what kind of price...

But as evidenced today, Talbot’s much more comfortable coming off the bench & making an impact in a game than Samuelson is. This should give us more balance as a unit moving forward.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 06/09/21 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Talbot’s much more comfortable coming off the bench & making an impact in a game than Samuelson is. This should give us more balance as a unit moving forward.

I think that Talbot is going to be this team’s Sami. The last few years, Sami was that spark off the bench, with hustle and energy and some big three pointers. With Steph starting, there was no spark. The Aces have known that you need this for years with Hamby. She could easily start somewhere, but provides so much to them off the bench. I think that Steph could be that for the Storm.

PostPosted: 06/09/21 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, it appears that being last off the bench is gonna be Stricklen’s role for the rest of the season. Is it too late for her to accept a buyout at some point this season & find her way back to Connecticut or something? Unless she genuinely doesn’t care about getting playing time, which, with the money she’s getting paid this year, maybe. In that case, she’s not setting herself up well for next year, but again, maybe she just doesn’t care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/09/21 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Same! I remember Coach Hughes saying she was even surprising the coaches in training camp with her play & her versatility. It’ll be interesting to see if she gets brought back next year, and if so, at what kind of price...

But as evidenced today, Talbot’s much more comfortable coming off the bench & making an impact in a game than Samuelson is. This should give us more balance as a unit moving forward.

Talbot is a free agent next season. Very interesting.👀

PostPosted: 06/09/21 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Also, it appears that being last off the bench is gonna be Stricklen’s role for the rest of the season. Is it too late for her to accept a buyout at some point this season & find her way back to Connecticut or something? Unless she genuinely doesn’t care about getting playing time, which, with the money she’s getting paid this year, maybe. In that case, she’s not setting herself up well for next year, but again, maybe she just doesn’t care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

she looks extra 'chunky' and less in-shape than she has been. Don't know if it's been dealing with injury, or just covid stuff.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/10/21 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

she looks extra 'chunky' and less in-shape than she has been. Don't know if it's been dealing with injury, or just covid stuff.

You're right. Maybe the Dream have already offered her a buyout, but she won't take it cuz she knows that once another team like Connecticut sees her up close, they won't bother picking up the phone & dialing her if she were to become a free agent. All of a sudden, those 2019 Finals happened a long time ago for her – 'twas a long time ago for everyone, really. Sad

pilight

PostPosted: 06/10/21 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Stricklen earned the end of the bench slot. I can't imagine there would be much interest in her now.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: