RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 06/04/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good stuff today from Spencer at The NEXT @ The IX. Particularly the breakdowns of Cheyenne's return and the fine-tuning of Court's offense.

https://thenext.substack.com/p/answering-the-questions-dream-face

~lw3

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/07/21 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at Hawkins' stats, they're particularly bad. Is she playing hurt? Not fully recovered from whatever injuries she was suffering from last season? Or is she just this bad now? Her contract is unprotected, so I have to wonder if she makes it past the date that players' salaries become guaranteed for the rest of the year. I don't see one game this year where she performed well. Granted, the one player who has done even less is Stricklen, but she's got her money in the bag whether they axe her or not.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/07/21 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Looking at Hawkins' stats, they're particularly bad. Is she playing hurt? Not fully recovered from whatever injuries she was suffering from last season? Or is she just this bad now? Her contract is unprotected, so I have to wonder if she makes it past the date that players' salaries become guaranteed for the rest of the year. I don't see one game this year where she performed well. Granted, the one player who has done even less is Stricklen, but she's got her money in the bag whether they axe her or not.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. She's playing 19 minutes so it doesn't seem like she's injured. Probably Parker will take her place soon in the starting lineup. Dream put up with NoGlory getting paid big while playing little last year so I doubt she goes, but you never know.

BTW - seems like there is no plan to replace Brown so looks like Dream are going with 11 just to save money.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/07/21 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't noticed anything wrong with Hawkins, she just hasn't been able to hit a shot. They also run nothing for her, considering all the high-usage guards they've got, which doesn't help. She does feel rather superfluous on this team unless she's going to knock down some threes occasionally. Otherwise they have players like Billings who can do all the other stuff just as well.

PostPosted: 06/21/21 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tiffany Hayes has been diagnosed with a grade 2 MCL tear in her right leg. Expected recovery time is approximately four to six weeks.

PostPosted: 06/21/21 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Tiffany Hayes has been diagnosed with a grade 2 MCL tear in her right leg. Expected recovery time is approximately four to six weeks.

I just saw that too. Yikes! They were just really starting to gel in the backcourt and finding shots for everyone.

So does this put Aari in the starting lineup until Chennedy gets back (when is that by the way) and move Sims to the 2?

They have to sign a hardship now I would think. Or are they planning to resign Kailani later in the season? According to her IG, she's still in Atlanta.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/21/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no eligibility for a hardship exception. They only have one injury, and still have 10 available players (*resists comment about the physical condition of Shekinna Stricklen*). But they do have an open roster spot, if they wish to use it (and enough cap space to sign anyone they want on either minimum salary).

PostPosted: 06/21/21 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
There's no eligibility for a hardship exception. They only have one injury, and still have 10 available players (*resists comment about the physical condition of Shekinna Stricklen*). But they do have an open roster spot, if they wish to use it (and enough cap space to sign anyone they want on either minimum salary).

Duh you are right, not hardship, just sign someone!

Although, depending on how long Carter is out, they will be down to 9 at least temporarily.

Seriously, any word on Chennedy?

Randy

PostPosted: 06/22/21 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream are having a food drive, for https://free99fridge.com/ at three games this season including the June 26th game.

https://dream.wnba.com/news/dream-partners-with-anthem-and-free99fridge-for-first-atlanta-dream-food-drive-of-the-season/

Quote:
Items received from the four Dream food drives will benefit Free99Fridge, an Atlanta-based grassroots organization fighting for food justice and ending food disparities one fridge at a time. Fans unable to attend one of the aforementioned home games can participate by purchasing items on Free99Fridge’s Amazon Wishlist.

My wife has been volunteering for the free99fridge effort for six months cooking, collecting, transporting and delivering food to the free refrigerators in various locations in Atlanta. It is actually kind of amazing how much free food is around that would otherwise go to waste. Freefridge has a network of dozens people who get the food, cook it (if needed), package, label it and delivery to places where people who need it can pick get it. It is well worth supporting.

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 07/05/21 7:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
The Dream are having a food drive, for https://free99fridge.com/ at three games this season including the June 26th game.

https://dream.wnba.com/news/dream-partners-with-anthem-and-free99fridge-for-first-atlanta-dream-food-drive-of-the-season/

Quote:
Items received from the four Dream food drives will benefit Free99Fridge, an Atlanta-based grassroots organization fighting for food justice and ending food disparities one fridge at a time. Fans unable to attend one of the aforementioned home games can participate by purchasing items on Free99Fridge’s Amazon Wishlist.

My wife has been volunteering for the free99fridge effort for six months cooking, collecting, transporting and delivering food to the free refrigerators in various locations in Atlanta. It is actually kind of amazing how much free food is around that would otherwise go to waste. Freefridge has a network of dozens people who get the food, cook it (if needed), package, label it and delivery to places where people who need it can pick get it. It is well worth supporting.

This is a great cause Smile

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/05/21 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any news on Carter?

PostPosted: 07/05/21 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Any news on Carter?

Here's a tweet that said Carter got mad when a player tried to talk to her during a time out.

https://twitter.com/spencernusbaum_/status/1411883688753762307?s=20

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/05/21 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Any news on Carter?

Here's a tweet that said Carter got mad when a player tried to talk to her during a time out.

https://twitter.com/spencernusbaum_/status/1411883688753762307?s=20

Keep in mind she left her overseas team within the first month….

PostPosted: 07/05/21 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are tweets out there saying she got into an altercation with Courtney Williams, that it was an altercation with Odyssey Sims, and that she wasn't benched but that she refused to come back into the game. Who knows? Khristina corrected her original tweet to say that the incident actually occurred on the bench during a time-out and not in the locker room, so if someone wants to invest the time, maybe they can spot it during replay.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/05/21 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's also the possibility that it's a huge overreaction from a guy who shouldn't be a head coach at this level...

PostPosted: 07/05/21 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
There are tweets out there saying she got into an altercation with Courtney Williams, that it was an altercation with Odyssey Sims, and that she wasn't benched but that she refused to come back into the game. Who knows? Khristina corrected her original tweet to say that the incident actually occurred on the bench during a time-out and not in the locker room, so if someone wants to invest the time, maybe they can spot it during replay.

I've checked the video as much as I can, and there doesn't seem to be much. There was only one timeout in the first quarter, and she was sat on the bench looking pretty miserable both before it and after it. Then she sat there the entire second quarter. She wasn't clapping anything her team did, but I don't pay close enough attention to benches during play most of the time to know if that's normal or not.

As far as I could see, there was never visual evidence of an altercation or screaming match, but as you'd expect during an Aces broadcast, most of the attention is on the Vegas bench during breaks (and they're usually showing adverts as well).

PostPosted: 07/05/21 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta Dream PR wrote:
Due to conduct detrimental to the team, Chennedy Carter has been suspended until further notice.

https://twitter.com/ATLDreamPR/status/1412232693039960067

PostPosted: 07/05/21 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Atlanta Dream PR wrote:
Due to conduct detrimental to the team, Chennedy Carter has been suspended until further notice.

https://twitter.com/ATLDreamPR/status/1412232693039960067

Not looking good

pilight

PostPosted: 07/05/21 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The absentee landlord owners left the woefully unprepared Renee Montgomery in charge and the result is gonna be dumping our best young player for pennies on the dollar to protect the "authority" of an interim coach who will be out of the league 90 days from now. Mad

PostPosted: 07/05/21 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The absentee landlord owners left the woefully unprepared Renee Montgomery in charge and the result is gonna be dumping our best young player for pennies on the dollar to protect the "authority" of an interim coach who will be out of the league 90 days from now. Mad

Wouldn’t it have been a group decision?

With Carter as a top Dream player, just trying to trade her would seem to reveal a disgruntled or “problem player” and it doesn’t seem like WNBA teams get good value in that situation. But I suppose if you aren’t going to even play her, the value does go down even further.

Last edited by tfan on 07/06/21 3:29 am; edited 9 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 07/05/21 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

pretty harsh assessment. Her skills may be fabulous but if she can't be a team player, then it would mean messing with another team's chemistry. Would you prefer to ship off all the other players she has pissed off?

Milks26

PostPosted: 07/05/21 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Put all those high emotions together that will be the result. Especially one who was never a team player from inception.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 07/05/21 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

pretty harsh assessment. Her skills may be fabulous but if she can't be a team player, then it would mean messing with another team's chemistry. Would you prefer to ship off all the other players she has pissed off?

What would do think the team should do about her in the long run?

Last edited by Davis4632 on 07/05/21 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 07/05/21 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really, sincerely want to care.

How are the GM interviews going? Buehler? Buehler?

~lw3

blaase22

PostPosted: 07/06/21 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Reeve and co can get her to shape up. Rennia Davis and 13th pick for Carter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 16 of 23

Jump to: