31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Mercury
68%
 68%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 16

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/04/21 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't see the game, just looked at the box score ...

But from this thread, you would have thought Phoenix lost by 30.

PostPosted: 06/04/21 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Didn't see the game, just looked at the box score ...

But from this thread, you would have thought Phoenix lost by 30.

Well, a wise person once said, “numbers don’t tell the whole story” Wink

mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/04/21 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Damn! Dana getting her beak wet already on the team.

The Sky had this game. But, if you can't control your temper and get techs at the worst time...what else do you expect.

They still have plenty of time to turn it around.

I think the COY award is curse. N. Colleen chocked miserable after winning her award also.

I read this quickly as “Diana”

And thought “lol, this was the tech when she wasn’t playing game..” Laughing

PostPosted: 06/05/21 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at the game and come on here to read comments and shake my head. I really didn't think the Mercury were all that awful. Yes, there were times when the line up wasn't the best but there weren't many options for anything better. Both Walker and Cunningham (subbing for each other) couldn't play a stretch without committing a foul. I think Walker could have had more minutes if she had stayed out of foul trouble. But they both did a decent job keeping Deshields out of the mix.

I also think we need to get the ball into BG more and we did last night compared to last Tuesday in Chicago. There were two reasons for that, IMO. One was that there was a more earnest attempt to get the ball to her. The other was that this set of officials didn't let the Chicago bigs manhandle her like they did in Chicago. As for pulling her after the dunk, the energy was still there and it was time to sit her to prepare for the 4th.

I also want to say that Skylar has to be one of the better finishers around the basket that I have seen for a while. Some of her team mates need to take lessons. Her shot production seems to be 3 pointers or layups. And her on court leadership is impressive. She does have more turnovers that most but she also handles the ball on nearly all possessions. I wondered on the last play of regulation what our options were besides a drive by Skylar and we had a few, With the time we had, I would have done what we did. Put the ball in the hands of our best playmaker, try to open up the bigs if possible, and drive if they are not open. Sometimes the extra pass is a huge mistake in those circumstances.

And for those who want to see Sandy go, I am still waiting for your suggestions on her replacement. It seems that Sandy takes a bit of time to figure out what works with which lineups, etc. And that process takes longer when she is thrown a curve with injuries, etc. She does better as the season goes on. And if you are going to blame her for our 3rd quarter woes, then you need to give her some credit for our 4th quarter determination and come back. In both Chicago games we had to come back from the biggest deficit of the game in the 4th to win. And part of that, in my observations, has been her timeout chatter to encourage stops.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/05/21 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/richardcohen1/status/1401230800612478982?s=21

Quote:
By the way, talking of technical fouls as @RyanRuocco and @RebeccaLobo were, you'll never guess the sole tech that the League lists as having been rescinded after the fact so far this season - yep, Vandersloot's crucial one with 37 seconds left on Thursday night. #WNBA 

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/21 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Quote:
By the way, talking of technical fouls as @RyanRuocco and @RebeccaLobo were, you'll never guess the sole tech that the League lists as having been rescinded after the fact so far this season - yep, Vandersloot's crucial one with 37 seconds left on Thursday night. #WNBA 

Talk about refs costing another team a game!

PostPosted: 06/05/21 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What does it mean to rescind a call after the fact? That can happen?

pilight

PostPosted: 06/05/21 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

It means the player is not fined and it doesn't count towards getting suspended

PostPosted: 06/05/21 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Not the same thing but yes it can happen.

https://bringmethenews.com/news/wnba-sparks-fg-in-lynx-loss-was-actually-a-shot-clock-violation

I seem to recall a Taurasi technical foul being rescinded a few years back but I could be wrong. I think she was close to the limit to being suspended for a game.

PostPosted: 06/05/21 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

https://bringmethenews.com/news/wnba-sparks-fg-in-lynx-loss-was-actually-a-shot-clock-violation

I seem to recall a Taurasi technical foul being rescinded a few years back but I could be wrong. I think she was close to the limit to being suspended for a game.

Donna O was bad about rescinding techs to keep stars from suspension. Taurasi has been suspended for exceeding the tech limit.

PostPosted: 06/05/21 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Donna O was bad about rescinding techs to keep stars from suspension. Taurasi has been suspended for exceeding the tech limit.

Gotcha, so my memory was correct. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/05/21 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

It means the player is not fined and it doesn't count towards getting suspended

Thank you. So is the League admitting it shouldn't have been called in the first place, or is it more like, "calling the foul was justified but it wasn't bad enough to fine you"?

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/05/21 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Quote:

Talk about refs costing another team a game!

What?!! Shocked The call was utterly ridiculous particularly given the time and situation and while rescinding it is good on some level, it is just terrible in general Confused This isn't just about one game because momentum can be everything...within a game and from game to game. These close losses...begin to weigh on you and can "help" a physically (and I'm sure mentally struggling) team to spiral even more... Gone another way with execution and calls and this could be a 6-3 team... I know...I know all teams are going through something and this season has been strange for many of the teams, but I really feel bad for the Sky. I'm hoping they can find themselves soon and I know many of them are still dealing with injury and timing and need to find a way to gel into a cohesive unit, but I would love to hear that they had a passionate players only closed door meeting to get connected, aligned and ready for the push through the rest of the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: