57%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 14

Shades

PostPosted: 06/04/21 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
I wasn't watching...fortunately. But did McCowan get injured? Why did she only play 6 1/2 minutes in the first half? I assumed they could just lob it in to her and let her lay it in.

I know it won't happen but I would love to see Laimbeer coach McCowan for a year.

YAS! Somebody who appreciates a big.

He had a chance to draft her but he didn't.

He knew he had Cambage, so he probably thought it would be overkill. But since both of them ideally play 20 min, it could have worked out well.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/04/21 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Everyone screams fire Sandy Fire Wade Fyreee Holly Laughing Laughing But what the hell has Maryann Had a little lamb done to not be mentioned?

Everyone has been calling for Catching and Stanley’s head. They are incompetent and beyond help. Some of the worst basketball minds.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/04/21 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZPXkikT17NU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Randy

PostPosted: 06/04/21 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Everyone screams fire Sandy Fire Wade Fyreee Holly Laughing Laughing But what the hell has Maryann Had a little lamb done to not be mentioned?

Everyone has been calling for Catching and Stanley’s head. They are incompetent and beyond help. Some of the worst basketball minds.

I've been saying she should be fired for a long time now.

BTW - the Fever have played ten games now - 31% of their entire season, the most of any team in the WNBA. Unfortnate to have so many games when they are playing so poorly. They now have 6 days before the next game. Probably the best time to put in a new coach would be right now. The question is who can they get on short notice?

Milks26

PostPosted: 06/04/21 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So happy the Wings did not select Cox: L. Cox F 6mins 0 pts

4th overall pick K. Gondrezick G 5mins 0 pts 3 fouls. Where they do that?

Should've left Pokey in her position. Team would not be looking like that.

PostPosted: 06/04/21 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

Pokey was no good either. Stanley is a big problem, but so is Catchings. This team has made baffling and terrible personnel decisions, including completely wasting two years worth of lottery picks.

A coaching change would be great because it would feel like some kind of movement, but it's not going to make much difference.

The important thing is to clean house before next year's draft and free agency. Catchings simply cannot be in charge for one more year of personnel moves.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/04/21 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Pokey was no good either. Stanley is a big problem, but so is Catchings. This team has made baffling and terrible personnel decisions, including completely wasting two years worth of lottery picks.

A coaching change would be great because it would feel like some kind of movement, but it's not going to make much difference.

The important thing is to clean house before next year's draft and free agency. Catchings simply cannot be in charge for one more year of personnel moves.

X__________

Catching cannot be involved with picking the next coach or they will get another Stanley.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/04/21 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problems with this team are many and varied.
Personnel wise, besides the wasted last two lottery picks, they rely on K. Mitchell as lead guard. She is consistent in one way - she can be relied on to miss a lot more shots than she makes, and she has never met a shot she doesn't like. I think when you have that 'leading' your team on the floor, you're already in trouble.
I've always liked T.Mitchell as an 'energy' player off the bench, but she is showing why she's a disaster as a starter.
I have hopes VViv will someday return to form, but it's clearly not yet.
How you can not have T.McC have a huge game against a team with only one post is totally beyond my imagination. I've complained about her lack of mobility and she sometimes misses bunnies, but still in this game she should have gotten at least 16 shots up.
It's like there are useful individual pieces, including Breland and Lavender and even DRob, but put them all together and it's just a hodge podge of mediocrity.
Overall I kind of feel sorry for them. But even though generally I root for underdogs, it's difficult to root for this team. Still I don't want them to fold.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/04/21 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
wasted last two lottery picks

It’s too early to say that. Cox has had health and pandemic issues. Gondrezick is deferring too much as rookies not named Ogunbowale often do. I think she’ll go next level in her strength conditioning (like Diggins) during the offseason. She’ll be motivated to keep that nice Adidas contract.

myrtle wrote:
they rely on K. Mitchell as lead guard.

Everyone forgets about lonely DRob. She’s definitely the starting PG.

myrtle wrote:
She is consistent in one way - she can be relied on to miss a lot more shots than she makes, and she has never met a shot she doesn't like.

You act like she’s Ogunbowale or Tina Charles. She’s not quite that bad. She started out hot this season, but I think the losing is getting to her head. They need to nurture KMitch. She’s the franchise player. Did you see the lucrative extension deal she got?

myrtle wrote:
I've always liked T.Mitchell as an 'energy' player off the bench, but she is showing why she's a disaster as a starter.

I agree that she’d be better off the bench, but right now she’s their 4th highest paid player and who’s really better on both sides of the ball, Vivians?

myrtle wrote:
I have hopes VViv will someday return to form, but it's clearly not yet.

That implies she’s previously ever been in form as a professional.

myrtle wrote:
How you can not have T.McC have a huge game against a team with only one post is totally beyond my imagination.

I’ve heard Stanley say basketball is moving to positionless. McCowan and Cambage are about the most positioned players that exist. I don’t think McCowan is a good match for Stanley. They should probably trade her to some team that will make good use of her (Vegas?)

myrtle wrote:
It's like there are useful individual pieces, including Breland and Lavender and even DRob, but put them all together and it's just a hodge podge of mediocrity.

Pieces are okay but maybe they’re not meshing because of the coaching? Talent wins games. Coaches lose the games you should be winning.

myrtle wrote:
Still I don't want them to fold.

It’s not that dramatic, Myrtle. Next year maybe two lottery picks. I’ll be in Catch’s ear to make sure she doesn’t screw it up.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/04/21 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We clearly see who hates Ogunbowale lol what does she have to do with anything Indiana does and yet you used her as an example multiple times to dictate how bad a player is ? FYI she was First team All WNBA last season so hush already Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes And catch does not have a clue who you are as well.

PostPosted: 06/04/21 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
We clearly see who hates Ogunbowale lol

The people in this thread? http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=99611&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Where were your tears for Ogunbowale? Too many people? You let her down.

Hate is too strong of a word to be throwing around. Grow up.

WNBA 09 wrote:
what does she have to do with anything Indiana does and yet you used her as an example multiple times to dictate how bad a player is ?

Well if you would read and try to comprehend instead of knee-jerk reacting you would see that I was saying Ogunbowale wasn’t timid about shooting as a rookie. That’s a problem for most rookies. Gondrezick looks a bit timid out there. So that’s actually a compliment to a Ogunbowale. Being timid is not going to keep you in a roster spot.

WNBA 09 wrote:
FYI she was First team All WNBA last season so hush already

I mean, she takes the most shots in the league. That’s great for individual accolades, but how’s the team doing? Has she ever made the playoffs? That’s great for PP’s, which should keep you happy.

WNBA 09 wrote:
And catch does not have a clue who you are as well.

Oh is that what triggered you into a pouty response? I think you’re right. She doesn’t know me, but that doesn’t mean I can’t communicate with her in some way or another. This board alone has a huge outreach.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/04/21 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
We clearly see who hates Ogunbowale lol

The people in this thread? http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=99611&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
Where were your tears for Ogunbowale? Too many people? You let her down.

Hate is too strong of a word to be throwing around. Grow up.

WNBA 09 wrote:
what does she have to do with anything Indiana does and yet you used her as an example multiple times to dictate how bad a player is ?

Well if you would read and try to comprehend instead of knee-jerk reacting you would see that I was saying Ogunbowale wasn’t timid about shooting as a rookie. That’s a problem for most rookies. Gondrezick looks a bit timid out there. So that’s actually a compliment to a Ogunbowale. Being timid is not going to keep you in a roster spot.

WNBA 09 wrote:
FYI she was First team All WNBA last season so hush already

I mean, she takes the most shots in the league. That’s great for individual accolades, but how’s the team doing? Has she ever made the playoffs? That’s great for PP’s, which should keep you happy.

WNBA 09 wrote:
And catch does not have a clue who you are as well.

Oh is that what triggered you into a pouty response? I think you’re right. She doesn’t know me, but that doesn’t mean I can’t communicate with her in some way or another. This board alone has a huge outreach.

Im not reading all of that nonsense shut up already,

PostPosted: 06/04/21 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

If they do change coaches he or she needs to be younger. U can't have all that youth on a team and have someone in their 60s leading them. And yes, Catch needs to give up the GM spot

PostPosted: 06/04/21 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it actually possible to fire Catchings in the state of Indiana? Does she still have too much goodwill built up from her time as a player? Or has she already burned through that with the bulk of the fan base?

PostPosted: 06/04/21 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Is it actually possible to fire Catchings in the state of Indiana? Does she still have too much goodwill built up from her time as a player? Or has she already burned through that with the bulk of the fan base?

It's a real problem. I don't know. I would hope they can move her into another position or public role so that everyone can save face.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/05/21 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Queenie wrote:

It's a real problem. I don't know. I would hope they can move her into another position or public role so that everyone can save face.

I could get it if the Indiana fan(s) (if there are more than one or 2) would be upset about the current state of the Fever. What I don't get is why fans of other teams are so adament about seeing Catchings fired. What's the problem - Fever would be another easy win for the team the like.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/05/21 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I could get it if the Indiana fan(s) (if there are more than one or 2) would be upset about the current state of the Fever. What I don't get is why fans of other teams are so adament about seeing Catchings fired. What's the problem - Fever would be another easy win for the team the like.

Some of us have been around the block enough times that seeing a team keep incompetent staff around is a harbinger of doom, or more precisely, a bellwether of ownership not caring about the franchise. It's a panic reflex. And with the rumors about the Timberwolves and A-Rod wanting to move them to a place that already *has* a W team, I at least am already in panic mode regarding team stability in general.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: