RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Layshia Clarendon signs with Minnesota

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/29/21 9:29 pm    ::: Layshia Clarendon signs with Minnesota Reply Reply with quote

Layshia Clarendon has signed with the Minnesota Lynx. I'm still upset that the New York Liberty released Layshia. I wish Clarendon great success with the Lynx. I am certain that Clarendon will continue to be an outspoken, dedicated leader in many battles for social justice. GO LAYSHIA!!!

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/556057-wnbas-first-trans-player-signs-with-new-team?fbclid=IwAR2RCX1n-fyagpxNitcJAJi_MTSYoo-ampLiipBxIpmLktxfgOiRRJiDT8o

PostPosted: 05/29/21 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So doers that mean The Liberty have cap room ?

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 05/29/21 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So happy for Layshia! I wish them well with the Lynx!

I’m not sure if this impacts our (NY) cap situation. I haven’t seen anywhere if Layshia cleared waivers or was picked up off waivers.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/29/21 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
So happy for Layshia! I wish them well with the Lynx!

I’m not sure if this impacts our (NY) cap situation. I haven’t seen anywhere if Layshia cleared waivers or was picked up off waivers.

She cleared waivers

PostPosted: 05/29/21 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clarendon cleared waivers on Saturday, May 22. That report about her signing with Minnesota has been floating around since Wednesday. As far as I know, it hasn't been made official so something must be going on behind the scenes.

PostPosted: 05/29/21 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, they were clearly down to nine last night, so I'm not sure what's holding this one up. Maybe she did something or went somewhere during her short time out of the league that means she has to go through all the protocol stuff again, and that's slowed it all down.

PostPosted: 05/30/21 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope I wasn't wrong here and this is actually happening!

PostPosted: 05/30/21 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
According to league sources, veteran guard Layshia Clarendon was on the way to Minneapolis on Wednesday to sign with the Lynx. Clarendon, if vaccinated for COVID-19, would need to record two negative tests before being cleared for play. That would mean missing Friday's game in Seattle but being ready for Sunday's game with Connecticut at Target Center.

https://m.startribune.com/lynx-aerial-powers-injured-layshia-clarendon-signing-wnba/600061573/?c=n&clmob=y

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/30/21 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm delighted to say that I wasn't wrong! It now says on the Lynx web page, dated today (Sun. 5/30), that Cheryl Reeve has announced the signing of Clarendon. GO LAYSHIA!!!

PostPosted: 05/30/21 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is Clarendon's 5th different franchise. Only 15 players in league history have played for six or more. We haven't had a six team player in the league since Lindsey Harding in 2016. There are currently four other five team players in the league: Jessica Breland, Betnijah Laney, Allie Quigley, and Shavonte Zellous.

PostPosted: 05/30/21 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

12 points on 5-12 FG including some clutch shots made in OT, along with 5 reb & 3 ast, in 26 minutes. Not a bad Lynx debut at all. If Reeve ends up choosing to find them a regular non-hardship spot on the team, they’ll be making bank this year.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 05/30/21 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
12 points on 5-12 FG including some clutch shots made in OT, along with 5 reb & 3 ast, in 26 minutes. Not a bad Lynx debut at all. If Reeve ends up choosing to find them a regular non-hardship spot on the team, they’ll be making bank this year.

I’m here for it!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: