Board Junkies Forums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/13/21 9:54 pm    ::: 144 Reply Reply with quote

The ESPN film about the Wubble aired tonight. Rewatch here:

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=3764826

Props to Courtney Williams for saying something that needed to be said

PostPosted: 05/13/21 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Been seeing mentions of this all over Twitter today. Looking forward to checking it out when I get the time.

PostPosted: 05/14/21 6:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I began watching it and it was really good. I will be a bit critical and say that it didn't add much to the conversation that watching the games, ESPN and the players social media accounts last year didn't already provide. It felt more like a recap segment than a true documentary which is a bit unfortunate as the subject matter and the circumstances of that season were very compelling.

I'm just glad there is a document of that moment as we shouldn't forget the impact these players had and how the events impacted them as humans. It showed these women in a light we rarely get to see; multidimensional.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/14/21 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I began watching it and it was really good. I will be a bit critical and say that it didn't add much to the conversation that watching the games, ESPN and the players social media accounts last year didn't already provide. It felt more like a recap segment than a true documentary which is a bit unfortunate as the subject matter and the circumstances of that season were very compelling.

It was aimed at people who didn't watch those games and all

PostPosted: 05/14/21 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

It was aimed at people who didn't watch those games and all

Well that makes a lot of sense. I watched Women of Troy the day prior which was incredibly engrossing. Of course that was before my time so it was a lot more informative for me.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/14/21 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you so much for posting the link. I missed it live but I'm so glad I was able to watch it. It was amazing to see and it definitely made me proud to be a fan and supporter of the league!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: